Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 9: Alex Morgan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Wasn’t the Bayern move last year? CHO had a bad season and Chelsea bought in three new attackers which means even less game time. At some point, he’ll need to go to a team that will start him. That being said, I also question why he believes Arsenal would be that team.
We lack natural wingers, so there is plenty of potential game time if he proves he's good enough. We lost Willian and Pedro, and gained Ziyech and Havertz. It's basically the same amount of competition he had last season.

Reactions: Blender

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
We lack natural wingers, so there is plenty of potential game time if he proves he's good enough. We lost Willian and Pedro, and gained Ziyech and Havertz. It's basically the same amount of competition he had last season.
Don’t see him getting into a team with Ziyech and Pulisic of course. They’ll also try to play Mount and Havertz as much as possible. He’s stuck like Nelson is for Arsenal

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I think Hudson Odoi is a backup plan because they weren’t able to get Zaha. Nelson would probably need to be loaned out/sold.

Maybe, but I think Arteta would see Zaha as the all round, play-linking central forward and not as a winger, so I don’t think Hudson Odoi is someone to bring in instead of Zaha. Hudson Odoi is a much bigger talent than Guendouzi though so that would be an amazing swap deal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

LOL, I thought Juve wanted Dzeko? Morata must for nude pics of all the teams chairmen throughout Europe at this point.

Read that it’s Guendouzi for Hudson-Odoi.
Interesting rumour, not sure that does something for us though.
No reason to bring in another winger when we have Pepe, Nelson, Saka, Aubameyang, Martinelli and Willian. It is our most stacked postition and one of the least important positions on the pitch. Abraham should be targeted instead, or Giroud, for a plan B. But it will be a homegrown player I am sure, we need to get homegrowns in and none homegrowns out to even register Aouar before Liverpool.
If Arsenal are able to get Aouar, I am fairly certain that Nelson will go out on loan. He hasn't even been in any of the team sheets thus far showing how far behind he is on the depth chart when everyone is healthy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal sign Park Chu-young 2.0 in Icelandic goalkeeper Runarsson for like 2 million Euros or something.

They did, but I guess they wouldn't wait for Napoli-Roma deal to go through anymore. I am partly happy because the rumored price for Dzeko was 15-17 million.
I do not full on disagree Juve, but personally I think I rather get a wooden-leg Dzeko for 15 million than spend 45 million on Morata. He's the Kepa of strikers, just no brains there and amount of sitters he misses is extraordinary.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It is interesting how Morata continue to get big clubs to buy in on him. He's not terrible but I don't think he has done enough to warrant his continues carousal through some of Europe's better sides.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
I do not full on disagree Juve, but personally I think I rather get a wooden-leg Dzeko for 15 million than spend 45 million on Morata. He's the Kepa of strikers, just no brains there and amount of sitters he misses is extraordinary.

Luckily it's an optional buy. We can always throw him out of the airlock back to Madrid.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t see him getting into a team with Ziyech and Pulisic of course. They’ll also try to play Mount and Havertz as much as possible. He’s stuck like Nelson is for Arsenal

Lampard's insistence to play Mount is maddening to see. It goes back to when he coached him at Derby County. I'm not even a Chelsea fan, but Lampard won't let this go. He'll even play the kid out of position instead of giving CHO a run in the team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The potential Aouar deal from Arsenal supposedly is 40 million with 10 million worth of add-ons included into it, no word if Lyon is going to decline it or not.

Luckily it's an optional buy. We can always throw him out of the airlock back to Madrid.
Good point, but considering what Juve has done the last two windows...I am not sure I'll be surprised if they do decide to trigger his option to buy.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Lampard's insistence to play Mount is maddening to see. It goes back to when he coached him at Derby County. I'm not even a Chelsea fan, but Lampard won't let this go. He'll even play the kid out of position instead of giving CHO a run in the team.
Mount has been better than CHO.

Reactions: Blender

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Hmm I thought so too, but he's been getting appearances off the bench in both matches this season.

Perhaps @Ajacied can clarify the situation seeing as he watches all their games.

Mazraoui was very good in 2018/2019 - CL included. His play dropped a bit last season. A few brainfarts made him insecure. Couple that with some injuries and he’s been pretty bad every since. Poor judgement with the ball and pretty bad defensively. That’s where Dest came in. He provided a real spark down that right side. He is exceptionally skilled with the ball, which compensated his weak defensive game a bit. Especially vs opponents Ajax tries to pressure, Dest came in handy. During the recent pre-season Mazraoui seemed to have won the battle. He looks more confident and his solid all-round game returns with it. Dest told Ten Hag if he could skip the last match and only be used if need be. All because he doesn’t want to jeopardise a potential/imminent move.

I prefer Dest. No doubt. He brings more. Mazraoui is pretty meh in every facet, but a safer bet defensively with his size and strenght.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
You can also look at Justin Kluivert who probably ruined/derailed his career leaving Ajax too early.

Kluivert never really had an interesting upside, though. Stuck up brat who occasionally has a good run, nothing more. Roma/Ajax is his ceiling.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I think I can tell you Lyon's words : lol.
50 million pounds is 55 million euros, Lyon would be stupid to say no.
I think Lyon/Aulas are holding for €70M but I think they will sell for €60M near the deadline.
Lyon has big financial problems with Ligue 1 not finishing their season last year. They could've made a European spot but the season ended and they got screwed. They should be fortunate that a club like Arsenal still wants to spend, spend big, and help them in this window climate.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Good point, but considering what Juve has done the last two windows...I am not sure I'll be surprised if they do decide to trigger his option to buy.

If the rumor is true the contract of our Sporting Director who is in charge of transfers will not be renewed. I am hoping that happens because he's horrible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
50 million pounds is 55 million euros, Lyon would be stupid to say no.
Lyon has big financial problems with Ligue 1 not finishing their season last year. They could've made a European spot but the season ended and they got screwed. They should be fortunate that a club like Arsenal still wants to spend, spend big, and help them in this window climate.
You know of Lyon's financial problems? :facepalm:
Because between the firesale going on and the CL run, they just made a whopping 180M euros. You think they will bow down to Arsenal and accept 40M? Keep dreaming.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Haven't watched it yet, but apparently he says in this that a sporting director of "a club" called him and told him to say to Matt Judge to answer the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->