Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 9: Alex Morgan to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dest is definitely good enough. RB is the weak link position of almost every team firstly. Secondly there aren't very many healthy RB's that a big team can justify buying. His biggest problem is that he's openly agitating for a move to a bigger team, but that won't be a problem when he's already on that team.
Is Dest even starter for Ajax atm. I saw highlights and noticed that Mazraoui has been starting over him this season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dest is definitely good enough. RB is the weak link position of almost every team firstly. Secondly there aren't very many healthy RB's that a big team can justify buying. His biggest problem is that he's openly agitating for a move to a bigger team, but that won't be a problem when he's already on that team.
He has other problems, for one thing he needs to develop his defensive game. The other issue is his mentality. I like him though hope he succeeds.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dest was rotational but he didn’t start today because he asked not to play until he’s needed.
Oh true. I don't watch Eridivisie at all and just found it a bit strange that a player that is Bayern/Barca bound unable to make it into starting XI for Ajax (but did make sub appearances)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Dest is being bought for the future. Imo. He might or may not grow into a starting spot for barca/munich but he’s worth the risk.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And that isn't really that big of a problem. Look at van Dijk

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh true. I don't watch Eridivisie at all and just found it a bit strange that a player that is Bayern/Barca bound unable to make it into starting XI for Ajax (but did make sub appearances)
He started 15 of the 25 Eredivisie games he was healthy for last year, 4/6 Champs League games (not counting qualifying), both Europa League games, and all 4 cup games. @Ajacied can probably speak more to it, but it seems like he was the first choice RB.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He started 15 of the 25 Eredivisie games he was healthy for last year, 4/6 Champs League games (not counting qualifying), both Europa League games, and all 4 cup games. @Ajacied can probably speak more to it, but it seems like he was the first choice RB.
I think Mazraoui was injured last year and didn't really pick up form as a result. The year before, he was a regular for their CL semi side.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
You can also look at Justin Kluivert who probably ruined/derailed his career leaving Ajax too early.
Is Roma considered a "big club"?
I think Mazraoui was injured last year and didn't really pick up form as a result. The year before, he was a regular for their CL semi side.
I mean, fine, but when you're talking about a 19 year old, a whole year makes a difference. The other way you could write this is that Dest got his opportunity as an 18 year old due to injury, took it, and became the first team RB. For example, Davies didn't have a single Bundesliga start until last season.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
No it was today(yesterday) but look at the sequence of posts. Me trashing Koeman, you defending him. Then I said it won’t matter that he’s a legend in a few months. It took 5 days for to be on board lol. It’s just funny. :)

Well the writing wasn't on the wall about Riqui. Anyway, I figured it'd come to that, but I didn't think it was that close based on everything at that stage.

Finally he’s gone. Lasted way too long here and was never good enough. Time for him to take his partner in crime Roberto.

He can bring in Dest and garcia. But we probably spend all of it on Depay.

:facepalm: Dude, this is real life, not football manager.

Actually rumor is Garcia is pretty much agreed and will go ahead when City get another CB. That is a big mistake when you have the stable of CBs we have, the club's financial situation and Garcia available for nothing next Summer. Dest is also rumor.

Selling him is one thing, replacing him is entirely another. I'm not familiar enough with Dest or Aarons. Contrary to what was posted, I doubt Aarons goes for less than Dest either. So who does that leave? Cancelo? Well does City sell? Much less for a deal considering the assholes who run the club are the same assholes who raid our club? Betis will make us pay for taking Emerson back early and the club is trying to sell him anyway. Again, selling Semedo is one thing, replacing him is another.

Davies really did end his Barca career...

He really didn't.

So it seems that Puig rumours were nonsense clickbaits, Koeman says he strictly wants him to go out on loan.

He shouldn't want him out on loan though. Like I said he'd be the first midfielder on my team sheet were it up to me.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Unless Gomez is also out for a long period, I wouldn’t. If there’s a loan to buy they can get done, sure, but otherwise, no.

Fabinho handled one of the better offensive attacks fine today. In a pinch, Henderson or the other Dutch kid can play. Heck, Phillips is still around.
Nah I’m not having that. We were okay were 3 CBs and Fabinho. Now we have 2 CBs and Fabinho and Matip is proving he can’t stay healthy again. This is a big problem. Gomez isn’t a picture of health either. We don’t need to spend a ton for a starter, but they need to get a 4th guy in.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nah I’m not having that. We were okay were 3 CBs and Fabinho. Now we have 2 CBs and Fabinho and Matip is proving he can’t stay healthy again. This is a big problem. Gomez isn’t a picture of health either. We don’t need to spend a ton for a starter, but they need to get a 4th guy in.

Umtiti is available!

Betis will make us pay for taking Emerson back early and the club is trying to sell him anyway.

Actually come to think of it, the best option would be to bring him back from his loan early. I don't think the cost would be as much as buying a new RB and I'm sure the club could do some sort of deal with Betis. Bring back Emerson and RB case is closed.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Umtiti is available!

Actually come to think of it, the best option would be to bring him back from his loan early. I don't think the cost would be as much as buying a new RB and I'm sure the club could do some sort of deal with Betis. Bring back Emerson and RB case is closed.
I think his wages and health make it a bit unlikely. If they needed a third defender, I guess I could see that as more possible.

I do wonder that some other clubs aren’t interested. He can play, I just wonder if it’s a matter of Barca wanting more than others will pay, or his unwillingness to take a step down club wise. I have no idea what Barca would want, but Liverpool won’t want anyone for high wages or more than 20.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm okay with their current 3 CB + Fabinho/Milner/Wijnaldum plan. They should play van den Berg in the cups though. If Matip is out for a month he will miss only three league matches.

All those guys have played CB in games that we won.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If it’s a loan and Barca helps cover wages, maybe.

No.

I think his wages and health make it a bit unlikely. If they needed a third defender, I guess I could see that as more possible.

I do wonder that some other clubs aren’t interested. He can play, I just wonder if it’s a matter of Barca wanting more than others will pay, or his unwillingness to take a step down club wise. I have no idea what Barca would want, but Liverpool won’t want anyone for high wages or more than 20.

He doesn't want to leave, his wages are too high, he hasn't been good for two years and he refused the medical advice/treatment of the club.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Just because a position is shallow doesn't make a player good enough that's kind of a weird logic. I mean, it's easy to ask if Dest is even the best RB on his own team, let alone the Eredivisie. If you then look at the broader scope of European football I mean...it is a shallow position, and with that in mind if he's not even the best RB on his own team, or in a league that isn't among the top 5 in Europe do you really think he's ready or good enough to start for Barcelona or Bayern? I guess I find that surprising but to each their own.

Anyway, this Dest thing feels like it's been rehashed multiple times. It's weird that all of a sudden there's a whole bunch of other people that watch the Eredivisie now (and have for a while I guess?) that Dest is being linked to big teams, but I'm happy so many have taken an interest. It's a great league. None of the people I know that have always followed it forever seem to think Dest is a top talent or that good now but we'll see how it goes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
:facepalm: Dude, this is real life, not football manager.

Actually rumor is Garcia is pretty much agreed and will go ahead when City get another CB. That is a big mistake when you have the stable of CBs we have, the club's financial situation and Garcia available for nothing next Summer. Dest is also rumor.
Buying 2 players is football manager?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just because a position is shallow doesn't make a player good enough that's kind of a weird logic. I mean, it's easy to ask if Dest is even the best RB on his own team, let alone the Eredivisie. If you then look at the broader scope of European football I mean...it is a shallow position, and with that in mind if he's not even the best RB on his own team, or in a league that isn't among the top 5 in Europe do you really think he's ready or good enough to start for Barcelona or Bayern? I guess I find that surprising but to each their own.

Anyway, this Dest thing feels like it's been rehashed multiple times. It's weird that all of a sudden there's a whole bunch of other people that watch the Eredivisie now (and have for a while I guess?) that Dest is being linked to big teams, but I'm happy so many have taken an interest. It's a great league. None of the people I know that have always followed it forever seem to think Dest is a top talent or that good now but we'll see how it goes.

The people I know rate his talent.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Is Roma considered a "big club"?

I mean, fine, but when you're talking about a 19 year old, a whole year makes a difference. The other way you could write this is that Dest got his opportunity as an 18 year old due to injury, took it, and became the first team RB. For example, Davies didn't have a single Bundesliga start until last season.
Yes, Roma was considered a step up at the time. Coming off of a CL semis appearance and win vs. Barca. He's been pretty poor for Roma since.

Not sure what Davies has to do with Dest, but he didn't have a Bundesliga start with Bayern Munich, a top 3 team in the world at worst every season. IMO there is a huge difference.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes, Roma was considered a step up at the time. Coming off of a CL semis appearance and win vs. Barca. He's been pretty poor for Roma since.

Not sure what Davies has to do with Dest, but he didn't have a Bundesliga start with Bayern Munich, a top 3 team in the world at worst every season. IMO there is a huge difference.
My point is only that the two are literally a day apart in age. Bayern has shown interest in both. It was said that Bayern is not a good place to develop Dest. Bayern developed Davies. It was said that Dest is clearly the backup because he didn’t start as many games two seasons ago as Mazraoui. All I said is that looking at age 17 seasons when talking about 19 years olds is kinda silly.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is Dest even starter for Ajax atm. I saw highlights and noticed that Mazraoui has been starting over him this season.

He hasn’t been starting the first few games this season, but I think it’s because they know he’s leaving. No reason to start him when you have another capable starter. Dest was first choice last season. He was one of their best players last season.

Reactions: Cassano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad