Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Solid as in them understanding their situation at least.

Personally I doubt they’ll get them all. Nothing to suggest they are spending that much money. Obviously depending on what they can bring in from sales.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They found someone to take Ozil? I think that might be as hard as United moving Sanchez (though United will eat some wages)
No, I'm saying that if they made those sales, I'd be happy. I'm hoping that they can sell him to a Turkish side, but I don't know if that much money exists

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
  • Ajax will sign Edson Alvarez shortly. Everything has been set. Only has to be announced by both teams. Fee is 15M.
  • Overmars confirmed an actual bid on Neres. He mentioned he's had talks, but how he wants to be in control. Seeing as how he rejected a 50M million offer during the winter window, teams will have to come up with the money.
  • Still no official bid on Ziyech. Arsenal not willing to pay the dough.
Ajax' starting line up I'd like to see, with everyone on board right now:

Promes ----------- Tadic ------------- Neres
--------------------------- Ziyech ------------
------- van de Beek - Gravenberch --------
Tagliafico ------------------------ Mazraoui
-------------- Blind - Alvarez ----------------
------------------- Onana ---------------------

With a most impressive deep bench:

Marin, Martinez, Veltman, Pierie, Schuurs, Magallan, Schöne, Eiting, Labyad, Dolberg, Huntelaar.

Though I still expect one or two of Neres, Ziyech and van de Beek to leave. Gravenberch is Ajax' top prospect right now. He's a world class one, but I doubt Ten Hag will put him in over Eiting, who's pretty much a poor man's version of Frenkie de Jong.
Eiting and de Jong don't really play the same game at all though.

Also if that were the starting line up they'd get mowed down through the middle against good teams. Eiting or someone of that ilk would be important in protecting the defence. Would much rather see one of Neres/Ziyech move and then they can play

Promes - Tadic - Ziyech/Neres
Gravenberch - van de Beek
Eiting*
Tagliafico - Blind - ******* - Mazraoui
Onana​

Either way without de Jong and de Ligt next season there will be some growing pains (in Europe at least) but they should have the best team in the Eredivisie by some margin. Would also not be surprised if Marin played over Gravenberch and Schone somehow weaseled his way into starting still.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Taking out a loan to pay out a 120M one-time installment isn’t all that surprising, they wanted to bring in Griezmann in a “normal” transfer with payments made over a period of time but Atleti didn’t budge.

Besides, they would be selling a few players to fund a potential Neymar transfer anyways, plus they’d need to shed some money off of their already gigantic wage bill.
Ney+Greiz would be overkill unless this meant Suarez is dropped which is not happening.

Ney-Suarez-Messi
Greiz
Biscuits
Alba-Pique-Umititi-Roberto/Semedo

The top half provide very little defending or tracking back. I don't know how Mr.442 will try to get some sort of balance on that squad.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ney+Greiz would be overkill unless this meant Suarez is dropped which is not happening.

Ney-Suarez-Messi
Greiz
Biscuits

The top half provide very little defending or tracking back. I don't know how Mr.442 will try to get some sort of balance on that squad.
If Barcelona play:

Griezmann - Suarez
Messi
Arthur - de Jong
Busquets
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Roberto​

That would be a pretty sweet diamond. I also don't see them getting Neymar on top of Griezmann but who knows...teams are crazy these days with their superfluous spending and lack of vision.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If Barcelona play:

Griezmann - Suarez
Messi
Arthur - de Jong
Busquets
Alba - Umtiti - Pique - Roberto​

That would be a pretty sweet diamond. I also don't see them getting Neymar on top of Griezmann but who knows...teams are crazy these days with their superfluous spending and lack of vision.

Yeah, this lineup is appealing but who knows to be honest. You'd also swap Semedo but again unlikely to happen.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto

Ney-Suarez-Messi
Greiz
Biscuits

Wouldn’t be the first time the board made a poorly thought out transfer, but you’re right, I doubt Suarez is dropped and having Neymar in there would be overkill. Neymar/Dembele have been injury prone recently so that might make things clearer for EV (if Neymar comes and if Dembele stays).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess you could do...

Suarez
Neymar - Griezmann - Messi
Busquets - de Jong*
*or Arthur
Puts a lot of defensive pressure on Busquets/de Jong or whoever else is playing in midfield but it can be done.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I think Spurs want Saliba, but I also believe that part of that was to increase the amount Arsenal had to pay for him. The biggest difference and why that offer wasn't really genuine by the Spurs is that Arsenal is going to loan him back to St. Etienne for the entire season. Spur wasn't really interested in doing and why the player will probably choose the light at the end of day.

I've heard that Spurs would be loaning him back too, however it might not be true. Still think he ends up at Arsenal.

Arsenal will look very thin at central defence next season if Mustafi and Kos are out and they loan Saliba back.

Sokratis
Holding (coming off a big knee injury)
Chambers
Mavropanos
Bielik

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I've heard that Spurs would be loaning him back too, however it might not be true. Still think he ends up at Arsenal.

Arsenal will look very thin at central defence next season if Mustafi and Kos are out and they loan Saliba back.

Sokratis
Chambers
Mavropanos
Bielik

That's rather pitiful. Based on the funds available I do not think they will allow either to leave.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Sokratis
Chambers
Mavropanos
Bielik
Not like Mustafi or Kos were honestly contributing to anything positive either. I would rather go in with that lot and have 35 million for Mustafi in winter than actually have Mustafi start for us next season.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Regarding Maguire, I think he is better than a lot of people on here are willing to give him credit for. Comfortably the best centre-half outside the top six in my opinion.

Hate the reported fees, not the player.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
No one will pay for them anyways.

There seems to be two transfer markets developing for those clubs hoping to be at the very top level. The very large one for players who have never moved to a big club (or big clubs exchanging among each other), and the non-existent one for players who haven't done that well.

That being said if they can force Koscielny to stay it isn't the end of the world. Not a great central defense, but Chelsea and United are pissing all over themselves, it could be worse.

Regarding Maguire, I think he is better than a lot of people on here are willing to give him credit for. Comfortably the best centre-half outside the top six in my opinion.

Hate the reported fees, not the player.

He's good, but 80m for just good is insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad