Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
When did I proclaim Tottenham are considered a big club? My point is Arsenal fans are in no position to call other teams "smaller" when they can't afford to buy new players and they don't win anything.

The whole narrative here is that Tottenham are so much better than Arsenal and one of the best teams in the world. And Arsenal fans can say Arsenal has at least won something.

Reactions: S E P H

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Oooo wow an FA cup!!!!! Surely hit big times!!! I am talking about a real trophy like a Premier League.
That's realistically the biggest trophy Spurs can reasonably expect to win. They haven't won that trophy since '91 BTW.

There's no way in hell they're competing for League or CL.

Reactions: AB13 and S E P H

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
The whole narrative here is that Tottenham are so much better than Arsenal

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but they do currently have a better team than Arsenal. Not an extraordinary better team.

and one of the best teams in the world.

They are smoking the same stuff that Arsenal fan who started all this nonsense. With a few more signings they could be potentially a top tier team.

And Arsenal fans can say Arsenal has at least won something.
Again, that was a long time ago. I am a Habs fan You don't see me boasting about 24 Stanley Cups because the last time they won people had mullets as hair cuts. The Habs don't have anything more to be proud of, same with Arsenal.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Sorry to hurt your feelings, but they do currently have a better team than Arsenal.

There's a difference between a better team and basically not in the same league as them as talked about on here.

And 3 years is a long time ago? Can't imagine what you think of how long Tottenham's trophy drought is.

The irony is none of the overrating of Poch/Spurs is coming from any of the Spurs fans here.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
There's a difference between a better team and basically not in the same league as them as talked about on here.

And 3 years is a long time ago? Can't imagine what you think of how long Tottenham's trophy drought is.

The irony is none of the overrating of Poch/Spurs is coming from any of the Spurs fans here.

That's realistically the biggest trophy Spurs can reasonably expect to win. They haven't won that trophy since '91 BTW.

There's no way in hell they're competing for League or CL.

This whole Arsenal vs Tottenham argument is complete nonsense when both clubs aren't "big" teams. Tottenham is slightly above but not by much.

Again, my whole argument is not about Tottenham's current trophy winnings. It's mainly how that one Arsenal fan is making Arsenal out to be world beaters when he/she shouldn't be tooting their horn when they haven't achieved much in almost 20 years.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This whole Arsenal vs Tottenham argument is complete nonsense when both clubs aren't "big" teams. Tottenham is slightly above but not by much.

Again, my whole argument is not about Tottenham's current trophy winnings. It's mainly how that one Arsenal fan is making Arsenal out to be world beaters when he/she shouldn't be tooting their horn when they haven't achieved much in almost 20 years.

Everyone knows he's outrageous. But the number of non Spurs fans that exaggerate their stature and quality outnumbers that one Goon.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This thread can essentially be summed up as:
1) One Arsenal fan says outrageous things every few days.
2) Every other poster proceeds to trash Arsenal.
3) Remaining Arsenal fans try to show that Spurs have been marginally better than us.
4) Repeat.

Reactions: S E P H

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, like I made that up. Would never do that. Added it all together from Wikipedia.
I know you wouldn't, but Wikipedia is lying to you.

In USD (I think; using transfermarkt):
14-15: -4.92
15-16: +18.90
16-17: -35.57
17-18: -20.18
18-19: +6.10
Overall: -60.67

Oooo wow an FA cup!!!!! Surely hit big times!!! I am talking about a real trophy like a Premier League.
Sorry we can't all boss a dinky league like Juve. In our defense, Premier League refs get paid well already. :sarcasm:
Again, that was a long time ago. I am a Habs fan You don't see me boasting about 24 Stanley Cups because the last time they won people had mullets as hair cuts. The Habs don't have anything more to be proud of, same with Arsenal.
Wouldn't you if Maple Leafs fans were talking about how good their coach/GM is and how they're the much better franchise, etc?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I know you wouldn't, but Wikipedia is lying to you.

In USD (I think; using transfermarkt):
14-15: -4.92
15-16: +18.90
16-17: -35.57
17-18: -20.18
18-19: +6.10
Overall: -60.67

I forgot to add something along the way, but we're both wrong. 35.67m net in five seasons. Grand total of 7m net a season. So, again, doing it in spite of a clown chairman.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I forgot to add something along the way, but we're both wrong. 35.67m net in five seasons. Grand total of 7m net a season. So, again, doing it in spite of a clown chairman.
lol I forgot to subtract the positives. You say clown chairman, I say he's done a really good job of getting value for players like Lewis Holtby, or Andros Townsend, or Kyle Walker, or Kevin Wimmer, etc

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
lol I forgot to subtract the positives. You say clown chairman, I say he's done a really good job of getting value for players like Lewis Holtby, or Andros Townsend, or Kyle Walker, or Kevin Wimmer, etc

The Wimmer thing was a straight out miracle. I think they just walked into that one. Same way we could sell Benteke for 30 mil before the market went insane.

Don't know how they came to sign him in the first place either.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Damn it got all stupid up in here...

Correct, I did, and rattling of the clubs' respective past accomplishments was your irrelevant reply.

Oh great, now you've done it. You just had to go and mention Dybala to Barça with that last statement. Now @Duchene2MacKinnon will never shut up about it.

Dybala would be the best player to ever play for barca. Really though he is a need and fits like a glove too bad the footballing world has gone mad. Thanks Allegri.

So even ignoring Laca over Kane which is laughable...but Aurier isnt a starter so that shows alone how clueless you are AB

Back on topic...Dybala is clearly a dream...but should we part with Eriksen for 70m+ he would be a perfect fit

He most definitely should not be considered Eriksen's replacement. He would need Erik to feed him.... If you want the best version of Dybala the one worth 100++ million play him as a striker.

It gets derailed because you have non Spurs fans tossing Poch's salad and saying how great him and Spurs are.

I mean there wasn't even this much love for Simeone who accomplished a lot more than this fraud.

And when Wenger was doing the same thing that Poch is trying to copy all he got was mockery from everyone.

Fraud really fraud how is he a fraud he took a mini mouse team and now is head and shoulders above anyone not named LFC/City in the EPL. There wasn't as much love for Simeone because A) Simeone coaches in a league where only a handful of posters watch regularly. B) he plays a shitty type of football that no-one wants to watch. Poch is a better coach. SImeone is a better motivator. Pretty obvious for anyone paying a attention too.

Would you rate Poch above Simeone?

I mean we have someone calling Poch top 3.

Even Sarri has won more than Poch.

He most definitely is a top 3 coach. Again anyone paying attention can see that.

Reactions: les Habs

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I don't think it is definite that he is top 3. Zidane, Conte, Pochettino, Sarri are all in that conversation. It's clear who the big 2 are though.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Fraud really fraud how is he a fraud he took a mini mouse team and now is head and shoulders above anyone not named LFC/City in the EPL. There wasn't as much love for Simeone because A) Simeone coaches in a league where only a handful of posters watch regularly. B) he plays a ****ty type of football that no-one wants to watch. Poch is a better coach. SImeone is a better motivator. Pretty obvious for anyone paying a attention too.

He most definitely is a top 3 coach. Again anyone paying attention can see that.

He is a fraud and it's obvious you fell for it considering you put him as top 3. If he is considered top 3 then he's underachieved considering he's still won nothing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think it is definite that he is top 3. Zidane, Conte, Pochettino, Sarri are all in that conversation. It's clear who the big 2 are though.
My feelings about ZZ are well documented. Conte is a good coach but Poch's style is much more appealing and he hasn't had the teams Conte has. We'll see what Conte can do with the train wreck known as Inter. Sarri hasn't done anything that would make you think he is better than Poch. Although he too has a style that one can appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->