Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The player wants to be loaned back to ASSE. And the path is more clear at Arsenal.

Has any team been linked to these players?
Lots with Lopez (he was very close from Sevilla at one point), Kamara I'm still not sure he's available. But for 30M, given OM's situation, it's entirely possible.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
There are others here who know more than I do but Higuain doesn't strike me as a captain, let alone a captain you mint right after signing him?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Seems to be all quiet on the Maguire medical front...

I mean the main reports of that came from The Sun, The Express, Daily mail. Not reliable sources at all. Simon Stone said no bid had been sent last night so, not surprised.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I mean the main reports of that came from The Sun, The Express, Daily mail. Not reliable sources at all. Simon Stone said no bid had been sent last night so, not surprised.

I'd be curious to know what Duncan Castles has to say it since he might be the one who started it, with United upping the bid and going into detail about the 60+20. Of course one could say that since United are in Australia, arranging a medical takes bit longer to arrange possibly? :laugh:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • Ajax will sign Edson Alvarez shortly. Everything has been set. Only has to be announced by both teams. Fee is 15M.
  • Overmars confirmed an actual bid on Neres. He mentioned he's had talks, but how he wants to be in control. Seeing as how he rejected a 50M million offer during the winter window, teams will have to come up with the money.
  • Still no official bid on Ziyech. Arsenal not willing to pay the dough.

Ajax' starting line up I'd like to see, with everyone on board right now:

Promes ----------- Tadic ------------- Neres
--------------------------- Ziyech ------------
------- van de Beek - Gravenberch --------
Tagliafico ------------------------ Mazraoui
-------------- Blind - Alvarez ----------------
------------------- Onana ---------------------

With a most impressive deep bench:

Marin, Martinez, Veltman, Pierie, Schuurs, Magallan, Schöne, Eiting, Labyad, Dolberg, Huntelaar.

Though I still expect one or two of Neres, Ziyech and van de Beek to leave. Gravenberch is Ajax' top prospect right now. He's a world class one, but I doubt Ten Hag will put him in over Eiting, who's pretty much a poor man's version of Frenkie de Jong.

Reactions: John Pedro

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd be curious to know what Duncan Castles has to say it since he might be the one who started it, with United upping the bid and going into detail about the 60+20. Of course one could say that since United are in Australia, arranging a medical takes bit longer to arrange possibly? :laugh:

And Duncan castles isn’t much more reliable than The Sun and all the other sources that reported it. Simon Stone who is by far the most reliable source said no bid has even been placed so I’m going to assume that’s the truth.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Hope this Neymar saga doesn’t last the entire summer

Coutinho’s been talked about as a player/one of the players who’d be heading to PSG if this move occurs, which is still a big ‘if’ at the moment.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sounds like Arsenal want Fekir considering his transfer price was reduced to 30 million pounds. Problem is Arsenal would need to get rid of Ozil first to fund a transfer and that seems pretty impossible at the moment. Just put the bloke on loan and pay 80% of his wages.

Bouhafsi reports that Arsenal have matched Spurs offer for Saliba. Think he'll be going there to be honest.

Have a swing at Kamara instead Levy.
I think Spurs want Saliba, but I also believe that part of that was to increase the amount Arsenal had to pay for him. The biggest difference and why that offer wasn't really genuine by the Spurs is that Arsenal is going to loan him back to St. Etienne for the entire season. Spur wasn't really interested in doing and why the player will probably choose the light at the end of day.

Because tierney has not requested a transfer and he has 4 years left on his contract. Celtic apparently want 25 up front and addons. Arsenal bidding pennies are going to see them lose out on Tierney if they really want him. Pretty much every premier club can afford 25m these days. If u wanted Tierney cheap, this is the summer to do it, since he was injured for large portions of last season and he needed hernia surgery this summer.
Absolutely this, no doubt about that. However, when all you have is 40 million or so odd pounds in your transfer budget, you're going to have to make creative ways to get players and some of those are by installments. I don't blame Celtic for not denying Arsenal, but I would be pretty shocked if there isn't a deal done by August.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Not sure how reliable this is.

Also things are heating up with the Everton link.

Also Dani Alves name has been linked with Arsenal. @John Pedro Have you heard anything about that?

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Supposedly United have offered £50 million for Bruno Fernandes

Barcelona supposedly have no money left and had to get a loan to pay for A.G release clause. That should keep Neymar at PSG another year for another crack at CL glory unless PSG accept a loan agreement with big future fee and multiple player swap involved.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Also, last night I dreamt Liverpool got Coutinho for €6M and he wore #16.

I cannot understand why so many are forcing that story this summer. Why is it plausible?

The scenario making the rounds today is a two-year loan with an option for Liverpool to buy for £88m.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
In theory, Arsenal's window is shaping to look like:
Everton
Martinelli
Saliba
Tierney

Add in some sales (Ozil, Mustafi, Jenkinson, etc) and I consider that a pretty solid window.

Reactions: S E P H

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Barcelona supposedly have no money left and had to get a loan to pay for A.G release clause. That should keep Neymar at PSG another year for another crack at CL glory unless PSG accept a loan agreement with big future fee and multiple player swap involved.

Taking out a loan to pay out a 120M one-time installment isn’t all that surprising, they wanted to bring in Griezmann in a “normal” transfer with payments made over a period of time but Atleti didn’t budge.

Besides, they would be selling a few players to fund a potential Neymar transfer anyways, plus they’d need to shed some money off of their already gigantic wage bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad