Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline Day show needs Roy Kent

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Saul is probably 3 or 4 on our depth chart. I don't think it changes our title hopes that much. Important depth for injury risk, maybe a long-term play with Kante at 30 and Jorginho turning 30 soon. Will help us compete in multiple competitions as we have the right amount of rotation in CM now.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Saul is probably 3 or 4 on our depth chart. I don't think it changes our title hopes that much. Important depth for injury risk, maybe a long-term play with Kante at 30 and Jorginho turning 30 soon. Will help us compete in multiple competitions as we have the right amount of rotation in CM now.
We'll just have to buy Tchouameni next year instead.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Let's definte elite potential before using that word lol, I don't want this to become another player I apparently claimed had BdO potential :laugh:

But he's awesome, just a step or two down from Kai.
LOOL I hope you know its always in tongue and cheek we can never be certain about a player. I have my Correas, Vietto, and Ascacibar(?)

elite to me is top 5 in his position. If he can than yeah go for it if no I'll save the money. What is good is that there seems a small ray at the end of this shit tunnel.

Reactions: cgf

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Can Kounde play the left of the back three?

With Rudiger’s contract expiring, feels like it makes more sense to target someone for that side.

But, I guess you could make the same argument for Kounde replacing Azpi who’s out of contract as well. Idk.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I believe @cgf had the rumor in the last thread this morning. But Richards to Hoffenheim on loan has been confirmed by the club. I wasnt worried about him getting time this year as i think Bayern always knew they had this option in the back pocket if they couldn't sell him now. He also extended his contract with Bayern to 2025.

Also, Hoppe fee to Mallorca is rumored to be 3.5 million. That is worth a gamble just based on his Gold Cup performance, and I wasnt someone who was sold on him before hand.

FWIW Nagelsmann did reportedly want to keep Richards around; at least until the winter...which I just don't think would've been the end of the world for him given how far Pavard & Lucas still are from coming back and that he could still be loaned back to TSG in January.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Can Kounde play the left of the back three?

With Rudiger’s contract expiring, feels like it makes more sense to target someone for that side.

But, I guess you could make the same argument for Kounde replacing Azpi who’s out of contract as well. Idk.
Doesn't really matter at this point.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Not sure how accurate this is, but that option seems reasonable, but something we might pass on depending on who is available on the market.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
LOOL I hope you know its always in tongue and cheek we can never be certain about a player. I have my Correas, Vietto, and Ascacibar(?)

elite to me is top 5 in his position. If he can than yeah go for it if no I'll save the money. What is good is that there seems a small ray at the end of this shit tunnel.

That's hard because I'm not sure what his position is, he can play all across an attack, and are we talking about pure potential or realistic-/likely-potential? Realistically I don't expect him to be top 5, but IMO those players are worth 100M+...depending on contract status...which is why I think Chelsea got Havertz at a discount and the price ManU spent on Sancho was less than it could've/should've been.

And atm Olmo is a tier, maybe a tier & a half, below Kai/Sancho. If I had to, I'd say I expect him to be as good or better than Gnabry in his prime...which is why (in my eyes) 70-80M is a perfectly reasonable price to pay for a player like that who is just starting to approach his peak; at least if Union could afford transfers that size...

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The Kounde deal died in some part because Sevilla thinks (quite rightly) they have a chance to win the league.
If that's the case, it never would've gotten as far as it did. Either the reports of the verbal agreement were wrong, and it was always about pay the release clause, or those reports were true and Sevilla decided to up the ask once they thought they had more leverage. Both are very plausible and happen all the time.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
If that's the case, it never would've gotten as far as it did. Either the reports of the verbal agreement were wrong, and it was always about pay the release clause, or those reports were true and Sevilla decided to up the ask once they thought they had more leverage. Both are very plausible and happen all the time.
Maybe they saw that Madrid wasn’t buying Mbappe, and Barcelona wasn’t bringing in any true Messi replacements etc.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It's possible that Sevilla initially agreed to the principles of a deal, but after having looked into what replacements were available & what the other La Liga teams were doing, they reassessed their chances of winning with Kounde vs their chances of winning with one of those replacements, and decided against selling. Leaving chelsea with trying to convince Sevilla to change their minds again, or paying the buyout clause.

Who knows if that actually is what happened, but it's another plausible explanation...at least to my ears.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
FWIW Nagelsmann did reportedly want to keep Richards around; at least until the winter...which I just don't think would've been the end of the world for him given how far Pavard & Lucas still are from coming back and that he could still be loaned back to TSG in January.

Yea, but he came if the bench in a cup match. Which I believe was some team 3-4 leagues below. Not a good sign for minutes if that’s how he is viewed.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yea, but he came if the bench in a cup match. Which I believe was some team 3-4 leagues below. Not a good sign for minutes if that’s how he is viewed.

Which is why I suspect Nagelsmann didn't fight the loan too hard, as Nianzou was clearly ahead of him behind Upa & Süle.

But it was reported that Nagelsmann wanted him to stay, so I figured I'd mention it in case that didn't make it into the english-language coverage.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
In light of the news Rashford is recovering well, I thjnk Martial would be someone they’d let go on loan. He’s just too erratic for me. Ronaldo and him together would be some of the laziest, no press shit you’d ever see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad