Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline Day show needs Roy Kent

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

phew that 75 mill was bs

I doubt they knew they were getting this money and it looks like the price was bs.

Is he worth a lot more than 50? From the little ive seen he looks like a prospect who is decently talented enough but not yet a world beater.

Maybe with covid suppressing prices for most clubs he isn't, but he's pretty awesome already and was excellent for them last year. The double-false-9 lineups with Olmo & Forsberg "upfront" were just delightful to watch, and when he played a more traditional wing/attacking mid role he was consistently dangerous. Plus he's still under contract for 3 more years, so there isn't any pressure on them to sell him now unless he got a handshake that RB would listen to offers from Barca whenever they arrived.

Put another way, if my club was able to afford transfers of that scale, I'd be thrilled to bring him (or Nkunku) in even if it took 70-80M.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Responding to the comment in the locked thread earlier (and knowing I've been busy as heck at school today), no, I wasn't expecting the moon. But I do think there's room for an addition or two. I think they're happy with what they have, more so than being willing to go forward. Running it back is fine and all, and Liverpool are a deep side with a lot of talent, but I think there's room for an attacker or a midfielder, if not both, of significant quality.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

But like.... why?

Bayern has let stars go over wages before, and if Kimmich's demands had been too much for even Bayern, then that is one of the few clubs that would've been able to pay him what he wanted. So, like with Goretzka, it was worth asking about :dunno:
I'm sure that happens a lot. If you are a big club with cash, might as well ask about everyone, every player has a price.

Even if they don't have a price, you never know when a player's wage demands will be just too much for clubs other than PSG, Real, Barca, the Manchester teams...or Chelsea? not as sure about how much they spend on wages atm.

Bayern is a giant, but they're not as rich as those teams.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I believe @cgf had the rumor in the last thread this morning. But Richards to Hoffenheim on loan has been confirmed by the club. I wasnt worried about him getting time this year as i think Bayern always knew they had this option in the back pocket if they couldn't sell him now. He also extended his contract with Bayern to 2025.

Also, Hoppe fee to Mallorca is rumored to be 3.5 million. That is worth a gamble just based on his Gold Cup performance, and I wasnt someone who was sold on him before hand.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh Kolasinac. If only he had ever developed any skill with the ball or figured out how not to defend like a chicken with its head cut off; he might've been a nifty outside CB in a back 3.
Every now and then he'll look so so good.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Every now and then he'll look so so good.

He actually looked pretty good going forward the first season or so (in spurts I guess), and he's a legend for fighting off those guys with knives in the video with Ozil. Outside of that, he's been pretty disappointing like others have said.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He actually looked pretty good going forward the first season or so (in spurts I guess), and he's a legend for fighting off those guys with knives in the video with Ozil. Outside of that, he's been pretty disappointing like others have said.

Didn't know that this happened, but am not surprised at all...more surprised by your first sentence tbh :laugh:

Dude is an absolute warrior with strong physical tools, unfortunately, he's just not much of a footballer.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
so you can brief your beat and tell the fans you tried to get a MF, but it was unreasonable prices. Don’t blame us- we identified the guys, teams just didn’t wanna sell!

I think the only difference between them and every other club that might be able to afford wages that Bayern can't, is that they told one of their reporters about it for the reasons you mentioned. I would be shocked if other clubs like Real or ManCity didn't also make calls to see if Bayern still expected to work out an extension with Kimmich.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I think the only difference between them and every other club that might be able to afford wages that Bayern can't, is that they told one of their reporters about it for the reasons you mentioned. I would be shocked if other clubs like Real or ManCity didn't also make calls to see if Bayern still expected to work out an extension with Kimmich.

Oh for sure. The only reason it's "leaking" today is because United desperately need a MF, that they're apparently not going to go for.

They're very predictable with stories/leaks. You can plot out how things will go based on it.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021

Why bring in a stud like Aouar to Arsenal? I mean, we have a boatload of playmakers in our midfield so brushing off a kid like that for 1/3 of the price we were willing to pay 12 months ago is a move we shouldn’t be making.

:facepalm:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
good move for chelski if saul bounces back

Maybe with covid suppressing prices for most clubs he isn't, but he's pretty awesome already and was excellent for them last year. The double-false-9 lineups with Olmo & Forsberg "upfront" were just delightful to watch, and when he played a more traditional wing/attacking mid role he was consistently dangerous. Plus he's still under contract for 3 more years, so there isn't any pressure on them to sell him now unless he got a handshake that RB would listen to offers from Barca whenever they arrived.

Put another way, if my club was able to afford transfers of that scale, I'd be thrilled to bring him (or Nkunku) in even if it took 70-80M.
Oh wow didn’t think he had elite potential. Good to know.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Based on the past I don’t trust Chelski fans with that surname

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Hopefully no obligation to buy.
Everything I've been seeing is it's an option. My guess is a lot of the negotiation has been over the initial loan fee. That fee plus whatever wages or 100% wages is pretty expensive for just a 1 year rental.

Reactions: Blender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad