Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline Day show needs Roy Kent

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't remember him being defender of the year but he was REALLY GOOD his last year at Schalke. Played left midfield/left wing back for them that year.

I never really saw the hype with him like I did Draxler, Kehrer, Max Meyer, or Avdijaj (whoops). At his best, Kola ran around a lot and he ran hard, but his end product was always crap & he was incredibly sloppy positionally.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Barcelona's making a move for Dani Olmo, apparently.

Seems silly for them to wait until this late in the window if they were serious about wanting Leipzig to sell him this summer. If true, it's probably more about laying the groundwork for a future transfer than them seriously thinking they can get him now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Seems silly for them to wait until this late in the window if they were serious about wanting Leipzig to sell him this summer. If true, it's probably more about laying the groundwork for a future transfer than them seriously thinking they can get him now.
Maybe but they also didn’t have any money until yesterday’s sales. And potentially greizzy. Although the price is outrageous. This is exactly what got them in this mess well that and their insane wages

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe but they also didn’t have any money until yesterday’s sales. And potentially greizzy. Although the price is outrageous. This is exactly what got them in this mess well that and their insane wages

I get that, but you can still start talking with the team with the caveat that you won't have the money until certain sales go through. So they could've started at least figuring out the parameters of what it would take...unless this was a last-minute over-reaction to Real landing Camavinga & almost landing Mbappe.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
75 million way too much.
I would pay 40-50 that they get from Griezmann, not a cent more

Why would Leipzig sell for that? The kid's worth a lot more than 50M; especially considering that it's so late in the window that Leipzig wouldn't have time to reinvest it. I also doubt that this is the summer that he & RB agreed he could start looking for bigger clubs; though I haven't read anything saying that and am just speculating.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Why would Leipzig sell for that? The kid's worth a lot more than 50M; especially considering that it's so late in the window that Leipzig wouldn't have time to reinvest it. I also doubt that this is the summer that he & RB agreed he could start looking for bigger clubs; though I haven't read anything saying that and am just speculating.

They don't have to, I just wouldn't pay 75 million for him when Sabitzer was sold for 16.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Man United way lmao.
I mean there is no way that Phillips stock will ever get as “high” compared to what it would be right now. Probably asking too much, and people afraid to deal with LFC anymore.

Really starting to feel like weirdness behind the scenes is getting harder to ignore

Reactions: The Abusement Park

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They don't have to, I just wouldn't pay 75 million for him when Sabitzer was sold for 16.

Sabitzer had 1 year left, had expressed that he only wanted to play for Nagelsmann, and the money from his sale was needed to bring Moriba in to backfill for his departure.

So that doesn't seem a very relevant comparison unless you are talking about waiting to buy him in 2023, and are ready to sell them someone like Demir as a replacement for the same amount + add ons :dunno:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

phew that 75 mill was bs

I get that, but you can still start talking with the team with the caveat that you won't have the money until certain sales go through. So they could've started at least figuring out the parameters of what it would take...unless this was a last-minute over-reaction to Real landing Camavinga & almost landing Mbappe.

I doubt they knew they were getting this money and it looks like the price was bs.

Is he worth a lot more than 50? From the little ive seen he looks like a prospect who is decently talented enough but not yet a world beater.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm sure that happens a lot. If you are a big club with cash, might as well ask about everyone, every player has a price.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad