Transfer: Summer Transfer news and rumors discussion part 11: Sky Sports Deadline Day show needs Roy Kent

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Tells you everything you need to know about Aurier. He is basically available for free, but no-one wants him.

First to admit I thought he was a good get when we bought him. Not sure if I have ever been so wrong about a player.

Still surprised no-one has taken a punt on him. He isn't good, but in a weaker league I think he could still swim.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

200w.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'll miss Ingvartsen. It looks like he's been squeezed out by the new additions, but I always appreciated his contributions to the team when he played...and he adapted so well to getting moved deeper & deeper after having arrived at the club as a forward.

That said, if the day ends with Friedrich still on our roster -- at least through the winter -- this will have been a pretty much perfect window for us.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Tells you everything you need to know about Aurier. He is basically available for free, but no-one wants him.

First to admit I thought he was a good get when we bought him. Not sure if I have ever been so wrong about a player.

Still surprised no-one has taken a punt on him. He isn't good, but in a weaker league I think he could still swim.
He's had all world days...just way not enough of them

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The sad thing is that it’s too late to even move Origi, especially with Firmino hurt.
The sad thing is that LFC owners are fine with statu quo and they are not showing ambitions.

I am ok with not spending 100M but this team needed fresh blood up front. Instead we will now rely on Origi again to make his usual lazy cameos.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Oh Kolasinac. If only he had ever developed any skill with the ball or figured out how not to defend like a chicken with its head cut off; he might've been a nifty outside CB in a back 3.
Wasn't he BuLi defender of the year at one point? How times change.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Wasn't he BuLi defender of the year at one point? How times change.
Not that I'm aware of, but I really don't pay much attention to individual awards.

Kola was a highly rated youngster at a time when Schalke's academy was pumping promising talents out left & right...though many of them (other than Mesut) ended up fizzling out...and he broke into Schalke's senior team at a young age when they were still getting past the groupstages of the CL with some regularity (IIRC).

But he never really knew what he should be doing and a lot of the hype was based around him eventually figuring out how to use his mobility & robustness in a constructive way.
Kolasinac was just a wannabe Ivanovic.

This is disappointingly accurate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille