Summer Friendlies - 2019

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Because if he looked like a headless chicken in this game, then he looked like a headless chicken in this game. And if he looks like a headless chicken with Barça, then he looks like a headless chicken with Barça
If we're going by that measure the de Ligt hype was very, very misplaced.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
How can anyone with an ounce of football knowledge think Dembele is a headless chicken?

You don't need football knowledge to see that in today's game, AT LEAST ten times, probably way more, he had the ball in his feet and just passed it straight to a Chelsea player. As if he intended to pass it to the other team.

I don't hate Dembele and I'm not giving up on him already but really it's not a stretch to see why some are calling him that. That has nothing to do with trolling.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You don't need football knowledge to see that in today's game, AT LEAST ten times, probably way more, he had the ball in his feet and just passed it straight to a Chelsea player. As if he intended to pass it to the other team.

I don't hate Dembele and I'm not giving up on him already but really it's not a stretch to see why some are calling him that. That has nothing to do with trolling.

Guy dominated the French and German league before age 20.
He moved to Barca and now after one bad preseason game he's a headless chicken?
Boy some people need to use their senses.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Guy dominated the French and German league before age 20.
He moved to Barca and now after one bad preseason game he's a headless chicken?
Boy some people need to use their senses.

Obviously it's not based on one game. He's had plenty of games last year where he accumulated (dumb) lost possessions in rapid succession as well. Even if you love Dembele that has to be something that can drive you nuts while watching him.
He can be dominant, and like you said has dominated before, but that's mostly due to his pace, dribbling and unpredictability. Dembele's a great highlights player. To watch him for a full 90 minutes you definitely need some patience and tolerance :thumbu:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Obviously it's not based on one game. He's had plenty of games last year where he accumulated (dumb) lost possessions in rapid succession as well. Even if you love Dembele that has to be something that can drive you nuts while watching him.
He can be dominant, and like you said has dominated before, but that's mostly due to his pace, dribbling and unpredictability. Dembele's a great highlights player. To watch him for a full 90 minutes you definitely need some patience and tolerance :thumbu:
Sure he has some strides to make. He's young and learning.
His qualities though are unmatched in football's world.
No player is this fast with the ball and no other player is as unpredictable.

He doesn't even come close to being worthy of being called headless chicken by anyone with an ounce of football comprehension.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sure he has some strides to make. He's young and learning.
His qualities though are unmatched in football's world.
No player is this fast with the ball and no other player is as unpredictable

He doesn't even come close to being worthy of being called headless chicken by anyone with an ounce of football comprehension.
wow

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Please do. Give me names.
Didn't say you were wrong but surprised. You've obviously seen more of the two but between he and Mbappe, Kylian is the better dribbler. Were are also talking about players right now and not in their primes meaning the older players are not part of the discussion because they've lost these qualities?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe is faster without the ball but not with the ball. Dembele is the better dribbler but even so I didn't talk about dribbling skills.
I talked about pace with the ball and unpredictability.
In those two categories I don't see anyone matching Dembele.
As for past players I can't think of anyone in these two categories.
I truly have never seen someone that fast with the ball.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Mbappe is faster without the ball but not with the ball. Dembele is the better dribbler but even so I didn't talk about dribbling skills.
I talked about pace with the ball and unpredictability.
In those two categories I don't see anyone marching Dembele.
unpredictability with the ball meaning dribbling? That's how I took it, in any case Ousmane maybe faster with the ball Mbappe is and will always be better on it. I like Dembele think he can succeed with Barca but Kylian is just better.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No doubt Mbappe is better.
Unpredictability like you have absolutely (and defenseman neither) no idea what he's going to do.
Dembele has better touch in terms of dribbling BTW. He can effortlessly get past anyone relying on his close control.
Messi is a better dribbler than both.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Arsenal should already be a man up against Madrid. Willock again looking good.

Now that we’re back. Nacho had a miserable game for RM and could have been sent off twice in the first ten minutes. He was sent off the second time. Arsenal bossed the first half, but gave away their advantage when Sokratis took two dumb yellows in five minutes. After giving up a couple goals, Arsenal looked a shambles but then settled in. Bale scored and saved for RM, and Nketiah missed a couple chances you would have thought he’d take. Meanwhile, asensio tore his ACL as RM won on pens.

Overall, not a bad game from arsenal, and definitely a great US tour.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Asensio out 9 months but ZZ still wants to dump Bale. Ouch.
Also De Ligt with yet another tough game. Own goal this time.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Arsenal should already be a man up against Madrid. Willock again looking good.

Now that we’re back. Nacho had a miserable game for RM and could have been sent off twice in the first ten minutes. He was sent off the second time. Arsenal bossed the first half, but gave away their advantage when Sokratis took two dumb yellows in five minutes. After giving up a couple goals, Arsenal looked a shambles but then settled in. Bale scored and saved for RM, and Nketiah missed a couple chances you would have thought he’d take. Meanwhile, asensio tore his ACL as RM won on pens.

Overall, not a bad game from arsenal, and definitely a great US tour.
Xhaka was brutal yet again.
If we trot him out this season again, we will fight for a top 6 spot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Of course it is. Asensio was potentially going to be sold anyway and they still have A LOT of players to offload.
I hear that Real Madrid didn't even like the player, they only made that Cebellos deal just to make sure he wasn't going to Barca. If that's true, it would make a potential permanent deal after the loan much more manageable and likely.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I hear that Real Madrid didn't even like the player, they only made that Cebellos deal just to make sure he wasn't going to Barca. If that's true, it would make a potential permanent deal after the loan much more manageable and likely.
I'm not so sure but they only went after him after Barca... and Ceballos hates Catalunya.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad