Summer Friendlies - 2019

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is there anything that can be done to Gnagnon after that? It clearly was not a tackle, it was retaliatory, and it could have easily ended very badly. He straight up assaulted him -- there was no attempt on the ball whatsoever.

Crazy how calm of head you need to be to be a professional player in that situation.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is there anything that can be done to Gnagnon after that? It clearly was not a tackle, it was retaliatory, and it could have easily ended very badly. He straight up assaulted him -- there was no attempt on the ball whatsoever.

Crazy how calm of head you need to be to be a professional player in that situation.
I don’t think much can be done unless Sevilla suspend him

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Late to the party, but wanted to comment on the Bayern/Arsenal game.

- Gnarby and Coman were freakin' unbelievable. I hated that Wenger never gave Gnarby a chance, we went out and wasted 20 million for effin' Welbeck instead. Now he looks like a 40 million pound player, what a waste of assets under this disaster.

-

Ffs, I'm not even an Arsenal fan and I can spell GnaBRy's name correctly...

wenger-facepalm.jpg

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Well done ref on that one. First he doesn't call an obvious foul, then lets the game go on as Sevilla players yell to stop the game, frustration boils and then this happens. The move by Gnagnon was idiotic to say the least and should not happen on a pitch, but it could all have been easily prevented if these games are not reffed by ignoramuses who lose the plot as soon as the game gets chippy.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No idea what went through Gnagnon's head. I never saw him have a mean tackle once in his career.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Yea I understand being upset at a missed foul and Liverpool not kicking the ball out, but it's a preseason game ffs.

Just seems like the type of thing that happens in a game where a player loses his mind and the ref has been letting it slowly get out of control for the previous 70 minutes.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Liverpool FC killing themselves with their preseason. 8 games in 24 days.... nuts. - Opponents as well....
5 last Matches (in 11 days) before Liverpool vs Man City Community Shield; Dortmund (L) (20/7), Sevilla (L) (22/7),
Sporting (25/7), Napoli (28/7), Lyon (31/7). - They had a match #9 (Schalke, 06/8) as well, that was cancelled.

Man City has only 4 preseason games, after first game, 3 days rest -> 4 days rest -> 3 days rest -> 7 days rest.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yea I understand being upset at a missed foul and Liverpool not kicking the ball out, but it's a preseason game ffs.

Just seems like the type of thing that happens in a game where a player loses his mind and the ref has been letting it slowly get out of control for the previous 70 minutes.
Thing is it doesn't even make sense because it was his team that were playing like a bunch of idiot thugs all night.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool’s preseason is a carbon copy of last summers. They’re not killing themselves. Klopp has always run intense summer sessions.

Heck, Mane, Salah, Firmino, and Alisson aren’t even back yet.

Most of the veteran players are getting 45 minutes in most, and the majority of the minutes are taken by backups and youth.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I highly doubt Klopp wants to travel and play that much for the sake of preparing, but it is always a balance between preparations and commercial interests.

Don't think it matters much though.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Barça and Chelsea kick off in a few minutes for their friendly in Saitama, Japan

No Messi or Suarez yet for Barça. Frenkie De Jong is on the bench so we'll probaby see him after the break. Starting lineup will be MATS, Sergi Roberto, Pique, Umtiti, Alba, Sergi Busquets, Oriol Busquets, Collado, Riqui Puig, Dembele and Griezmann.

Chelsea to start with Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Luiz, Emerson, Jorginho, Kovacic, Pedro, Mount, Pulisic and Abraham

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Chelsea looked solid indeed. I liked Pulisic more than I would've thought. Always liked Puig from Barca. I think he'll be in the rotation a lot this year. I think and hope Dembele is the odd man out in the starting 11 if Messi and Suarez return. Just a headless chicken.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool’s preseason is a carbon copy of last summers. They’re not killing themselves. Klopp has always run intense summer sessions.

Heck, Mane, Salah, Firmino, and Alisson aren’t even back yet.

Most of the veteran players are getting 45 minutes in most, and the majority of the minutes are taken by backups and youth.
Fun fact. Liverpool have never won at Fenway Park

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well he had a terrible game today and looked extremely lazy as well so..
I know it's the first game of preseason but doesn't look like anything has changed in his attitude so far.
Sure he started his career a game ago.
Headless chicken oh my...
How can anyone with an ounce of football knowledge think Dembele is a headless chicken?
I have no idea.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How does it matter?
Was it Dembele's first pro game?
Should he be judged on this first friendly game or on his 3 year career?

EDIT : Are you once again going to posture and defend any undefendable post like you have a million time over the last month? Like you're doing right now in the other thread with Havre?
Because if so, count me out.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How does it matter?
Was it Dembele's first pro game?
Should he be judged on this first friendly game or on his 3 year career?
Because if he looked like a headless chicken in this game, then he looked like a headless chicken in this game. And if he looks like a headless chicken with Barça, then he looks like a headless chicken with Barça

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad