Summer Friendlies - 2019

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Brewster already scored twice. Beyond that his overall game was excellent.

Also loved at the end when about 100 people ran on the pitch to try to take a picture with Origi. Now that's legend status.

Reactions: Chimaera and YNWA14

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Brewster already scored twice. Beyond that his overall game was excellent.

Also loved at the end when about 100 people ran on the pitch to try to take a picture with Origi. Now that's legend status.
The Tranmere friendly is always the best one.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Brewster is a special talent.

Origi looks to really be gaining confidence again too; had some really nice plays (regardless of opposition).

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Brewster is a special talent.

Origi looks to really be gaining confidence again too; had some really nice plays (regardless of opposition).
Did Brewster grow a bit, or is it just me. I think he is filling out his frame

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Did Brewster grow a bit, or is it just me. I think he is filling out his frame
He's definitely noticeably bigger. Easy to forget that he's so young still and has a lot of room to improve his athleticism and skill yet. I'm very excited about how good he can be.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
United beat Perth Glory 2-0 in their first pre-season game in Australia. Goals by Rashfrod and Jim Rockford James Garner.

Lots of blocked shots and shots hitting the sidenetting and generally missing the target.

I didn't watch the game but those who did, said Gomes, Mata, James, AWB and McTominay stood out positively while Chong, Martial and Matic (especially) didn't.

Based on highlights, Mata's passing inside or near the box created a lot of chances.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dortmund beat a lower league team 10-0. Players were playing out of position. You can’t take anything from a game like that other than the first team players getting back into match shape.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Brighton win 5-2 in their first pre season tune up. Trossard putting the fourth away to get his for the Albion.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool is taking 16 year old Polish GK Jakub Ojrzynski on the USA Tour. He is the only surprise name (that hasn’t played in a preseason friendly yet) on the plane. Van Den Berg also finally got his FIFA clearance and is going too. Harvey Elliott is likely to be announced this week and may join up as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't know how strong this Colorado Rapids team is, but Arsenal's youth went running riot on them. If Arsenal is able to buy Saliba, we would easily have a top 5 U20 youth squad in the EPL and you can make the case for top 3 (Man City is #1).

I thought John-Jules was easily the best player out there, made so many chances and interceptions due to high anticipation. Willock was also damn good. All the forwards looked great in all honesty, I loved Saka as well. Only one who gives me some doubts is Nketiah, there is something off with him. Don't get me wrong he's good and gets in good spots, but he has some trouble in the final third and that is very bad for a forward.

Martinelli screams like the class of "has absurd talent, but not sure if the work rate is there to become World Class" type of player. He's almost an opposite version of Nketiah, he's absolutely dangerous in the final third, but zero work ethic outside of it. Started the game as a CM, but looks way more comfortable out wide. Reminds me of a young version of Mahrez/di Maria; super shifty and very good/bad dribbler which makes him look amazing on some plays and absolutely terrible on others (missed a sitter in the opening five minutes of the game). Want to see how he can deal with the physicality of the EPL because man he is small/slim currently, but consistency will be the biggest issue for him. The passing, vision, and creative skills are absolutely there. Gotta be honest though, I am much more interested in Everton if we're able to buy him.

Liverpool is taking 16 year old Polish GK Jakub Ojrzynski on the USA Tour.
Only thing we're good at developing is goalkeepers, so he'll probably be a good one. We're the Finland of football.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Rapids are absolutely awful. Probably one of the most consistently worst teams in the league. Think Oilers of the MLS but worse because the draft doesn’t matter.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
The Rapids were horrible.

IMO Saka was the best player in this match. Nketiah did everything well but score. Martinelli showed good work rate and had a few chances to score besides his goal.

It sucks for the fans that they only got 15 minutes of some of the first team players. I hope they weren't gouged by the ticket prices.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United beat Leeds 4-0. Greenwood, Rashford, Jones and a Martial penalty.

Rashford, Pogba, James, Greenwood, AWB and Gomes stood out. Chong had a nice run that led to the penalty. McTom looks better than Matic so far.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
United beat Leeds 4-0. Greenwood, Rashford, Jones and a Martial penalty.

Rashford, Pogba, James, Greenwood, AWB and Gomes stood out. Chong had a nice run that led to the penalty. McTom looks better than Matic so far.
I fully expect McTominay to take over for Matic before the end of the season.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just watching Arsenal/Munich because I couldn't find a link to Dortmund for some reason. Ozil is uglier some how. Did no one try to stop him from getting that hair "style"

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Nketiah just embarrassed Süle, getting around him on a long ball from Martinez and then holding him off through the box, forcing a good save from Ulreich. Nketiah then scored on the resulting corner after a great piece of passing involving John-Jules and Mustafi. John-Jules played a gorgeous ball for Nketiah, who's looked fantastic. The youth of this team gives me hope. Of course, as soon as I say that John-Jules misses a sitter from Kolasinac
Just watching Arsenal/Munich because I couldn't find a link to Dortmund for some reason. Ozil is uglier some how. Did no one try to stop him from getting that hair "style"
Apparently he lost a bet with Lacazette

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Nketiah just embarrassed Süle, getting around him on a long ball from Martinez and then holding him off through the box, forcing a good save from Ulreich. Nketiah then scored on the resulting corner after a great piece of passing involving John-Jules and Mustafi. John-Jules played a gorgeous ball for Nketiah, who's looked fantastic. The youth of this team gives me hope. Of course, as soon as I say that John-Jules misses a sitter from Kolasinac
Apparently he lost a bet with Lacazette

Was the bet that Ozil could play some defence?

This has nothing to do with this preseason game but Munich don't look good on paper. They spent a decent amount on a bunch of meh too.Looks like another down year is upon them. Dortmund if they don't completely shit the bed might have a shot at the title.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->