Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Creed Bratton, Jul 11, 2019.
Yeah, that was nice chip by Kane catching Cszesny unaware.
Kane usually looks unfit until September. Now he looks ready in July.
Please forget Ceballos. Not that one pre-season game means much, but Skipp deserves a spot in the squad. Would be stupid blocking him with someone like Ceballos (not that that seems realistic anyway).
I read that there was no touch/no foul. If so, then he's learning the RM way from the start and RM gets the favourable call during the preseason already. Nice freekick, though.
If that's coming in July, look out PL.
I've said the same. What worries me is that Wanyama stays and gets priority over him.
Lol, that's the classic Szczesny I know and love. Don't get me wrong that was brilliant and sublime accuracy and power by Kane, but that is more the goalkeepers fault than it showcasing Kane's talent.
It’s preseason and who cares, but lot of crap defending from Liverpool
Origi’s poacher instincts have gotten better and better the last year.
Sevilla should have at least one dude sent off already
Confidence does wonders. Pickford has done wonders.
Very weird game from them.
It looks like they want to play it like a competitive game with the hard tackles but in a real competitive game they would have 2 players sent out already. Very lucky from them that the referees has been leniant on them.
Poor kid. Awful challenge. Ref’s fault in not taking control of that mess earlier in the match.
Sevilla is out of control. Brutal play for a friendly.
Shame to see a Sunday league tackle in a friendly
I even wonder if the FIFA could even suspend him further. Horrible leg breaker challenge.
That piece of trash assaulted a kid. That’s what it was.
We really won this game because nobody else got hurt. That was one of the worst fouls I’ve ever seen. Can’t call it a tackle.
Any replays of the "tackle"?
Taken off on stretcher, probably broken leg.
He just kicked the kid as he was going bye
Damn. Who is that that was injured? And who was it that made the "tackle"?
Never mind, found it. And, he wants you all to know he's very very sorry:
Horrible tackle, even worse because it's a preseason game.
I can’t believe their reaction to a leg-breaking kick was “what about that slight foul you missed up the pitch tho?”
Sevilla played like shitbags the whole game.
It was Yasser Larouci who was tackled. He is apparently not injured that badly, but he just turned 18. Who goes around kicking players like that? Anyway, he's also looked good in preseason at both fullback positions, was developed at Le Havre, and he's Algerian, so I'm sure someone here will wind up liking him.
I saw that all our senior players went over to confront Gnagnon after the game. That could have went poorly.
Late to the party, but wanted to comment on the Bayern/Arsenal game.
- Gnarby and Coman were freakin' unbelievable. I hated that Wenger never gave Gnarby a chance, we went out and wasted 20 million for effin' Welbeck instead. Now he looks like a 40 million pound player, what a waste of assets under this disaster.
- We really need Tierney, Maitland-Niles for the last time is not a wing-back.
- Willock looked very good, he is essentially a smarter Xhaka and is a much better passer than him currently.
- Xhaka is a bonehead player, besides his long-shots he is useless since his passing skills are truly terrible.
- My God Mustafi is a terrible player, he's just so widely inconsistent that you don't know which version you're going to get. He tends to read the play late almost always which puts his partner constantly making up for his mistakes. The only good thing about him is that he's mobile, that's pretty much it. GTFO.
- Was very disappointed with Nelson, was expecting a bit more talent from him, but didn't really contribute to anything. Not a bust or anything from one measly preseason friendly, but considering how good of a season he had last season I was wanting more of a first team player and he didn't look that.
- Martinez looked good, no chance on the goal against as it was a brilliant header by the loser.
- Man, Nketiah was fantastic...what a night and day difference between the game against the Rapids. He not only is mobile, but he is sneaky strong. He put Sule on his ass like three times when he came on and scored the winner. Looked even better against Fiorentina.
- I have great things to say about John-Jules again, this lad is shining the brightest of all the Arsenal players in this Cup. Unbelievable anticipation and thinking which leads him to get into great positions on the pitch - it's a very rare trait to have. Very much looking forward to him in the future.
- Get rid of Ozil, please, pretty much all his negatives can be seen in any game you watch. Gives up on plays so early, doesn't shoot except if it's on his left foot, has almost zero threat to score even if it's on his left foot, and just terrible body language. His playmaking has gone to the abyss as well, don't remember a game where he was MOTM.
It's sad that Arsenal's captaincy went from Kos to Mustafi to Ozil all in one game. That's as pathetic of a trio you can get not only in football, but in any sport. If we get rid of Xhaka, Mustafi, and Ozil then Arsenal would win an average of three more games per season. And as I learnt with the Avs @Live in the Now , when you rely on ole busted ass veterans it will only lead you to failure. That's why I've said multiple times to play the kids! They have a desire to make the team and contribute to wins whereas veterans know their spots are safe and half-ass it as we've been subjected to at Arsenal under Wenger.
Separate names with a comma.