OT: Summer Fitness Thread

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'd say hes probably low on BMI but BMI is bull **** as it doesn't take into account your actual body composition (muscle vs fat.)

155 at 5'11 is really light but for all I know he's crazy shredded.
Yeah you're right. I'm 5'7" 160.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
What do you dudes know about time restricted eating? I've been limiting myself to eating only between the hours of 1000-1900 for the past week and I haven't been impressed with the results so far. There's supposed to be a noted uptick in energy and endurance after a couple of days and I haven't noticed that at all.

Played hockey yesterday morning and felt awful. Game was outdoors though, and I hear it's pretty hot outside right now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What do you dudes know about time restricted eating? I've been limiting myself to eating only between the hours of 1000-1900 for the past week and I haven't been impressed with the results so far. There's supposed to be a noted uptick in energy and endurance after a couple of days and I haven't noticed that at all.

Played hockey yesterday morning and felt awful. Game was outdoors though, and I hear it's pretty hot outside right now.

Group of us did this few years back. Not sure what the story was behind the times but we could only eat between 11am and 7pm. Mornings were f***ed.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Unless you're one of those guys born without any chest muscles I'd say you're doing just fine.
Cool. Your height and weight combo is like a good BMI right?

Doing okay - definitely not super muscular in any part but my legs, but that's just cause I love biking. I played rugby in college and even then when hitting the weights could never put on much muscle, so I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that I should just stay "fit" and let things fall where they may. I feel like as long as I don't get too much of a belly, I'll be aiite :laugh:

Was pushing myself quite a bit recently as I was training for a 100 mile bike ride earlier in June - from downtown Manhattan to Westhampton. Definitely was a stretch for me, but glad I did it. After mile 70/75, though, my body was close to done.

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Group of us did this few years back. Not sure what the story was behind the times but we could only eat between 11am and 7pm. Mornings were ****ed.

I don't think this is too bad, especially if you swap around the times a little bit and make it 9 PM - noon. That's 15 hours of no eating & really just means you're skipping breakfast.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't think this is too bad, especially if you swap around the times a little bit and make it 9 PM - noon. That's 15 hours of no eating & really just means you're skipping breakfast.

Mornings were rough especially when you are up at 5am for work. Was getting light headed few times haha.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The thing that I would warn about is not to confuse weight loss with fitness. Depending on your routine, you may gain weight and that is a good thing. If you do any kind of weight training (note, that does not mean simply pumping out the bench press), you may gain weight even if you are doing whatever cardio you do. You can (and should) gain weight if you are looking for gainz, but that does not mean that you are out of shape. You can still look your best even if you weigh more. I think that people have a tendency to lock up "weight loss" as evidence of overall fitness or health.

If your training regiment includes weights, your body will change. Some are fine with it and some are not. Squat enough and your things will get bigger. Press, hand stand push ups,etc....your shoulders will get bigger. And then if you are also doing the Olympic lifts, that is overall body. Point being is that some things cause changes to body, no matter how may box jumps you are pumping out.

Reactions: Claxton

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Summer Diet? Hmmmm...

tenor.gif

1*-iJZMtpWuCaXlRu7Jl1t5w.jpeg

fixedw_large_4x.jpg

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The thing that I would warn about is not to confuse weight loss with fitness. Depending on your routine, you may gain weight and that is a good thing. If you do any kind of weight training (note, that does not mean simply pumping out the bench press), you may gain weight even if you are doing whatever cardio you do. You can (and should) gain weight if you are looking for gainz, but that does not mean that you are out of shape. You can still look your best even if you weigh more. I think that people have a tendency to lock up "weight loss" as evidence of overall fitness or health.

If your training regiment includes weights, your body will change. Some are fine with it and some are not. Squat enough and your things will get bigger. Press, hand stand push ups,etc....your shoulders will get bigger. And then if you are also doing the Olympic lifts, that is overall body. Point being is that some things cause changes to body, no matter how may box jumps you are pumping out.

Don't forget the hand calluses lol

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Scales are bullshit anyways. I wouldn't recommend using them. Look in the mirror and if you are happy with what you see, all the power to you. If you don't, then go harder. Let the mirror be the judge.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Down about 62 lbs in 2 years eating around 1500 calories a day and committed to cardio an hour a day, weights 2x a week. Close to my goal weight (around 9 pounds away) so to lose bodyfat and increase the weight lifting. Maybe switch to running outside.

I need the objective proof from weighing myself every day.

Now I just have to keep it up for another 30 years.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Skimming this thread, laughing at the majority of posts. Legit funny material.

I've been the same HT/WT for a decade since I graduated undergrad. 6'1/165. It's lifestyle.

Sincere congratulations to many that have made real changes - and stuck with them. Not easy to do, and deserves a cheer from fellow NYR loyals.

Keep going (and make sure Brendan Smith is with you)

Reactions: ponytrekker

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
any particular model #?
Ended up going with sketchers:

Men's Skechers 51591 Escape Plan Running shoes

They have memory foam with air cool. They are called running shoes but the support on the side walls are amazing and they fit my wide foot perfectly.

I do deep stretches before and after my work outs and the shoes have no slip to them at all. The only thing i question is the durability with the shoes but time will tell on that part. All in all a good shoe. I think I'll be going with sketchers from now on.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
In Vancouver staying with friends and did my usual circuit and it killed me. Then deduced it was caused by the higher altitude.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I need to get back in the fitness game. I was down to 200(I’m 6’5) last fall but I’ve ballooned up to 220 since I started working in December.

I tried the Keto thing but it sucks I love bread and whiskey. I’m just going to try to limit them during the week. And get back to working out consistently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad