Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I would take Lemar over Coutinho, yes.

Lemar, Salah, Robertson, Solanke and a CB would make this window fantastic. Not too many players to integrate and all of them fit in very well. Especially with guys like Moreno, TAA, Gomez and Woodburn there's also good youth to integrate. Our squad is deep and extremely talented. Bring on the PL/CL.

Bye Coutinho. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I think any manager would love to have a player like Ozil. The problem is building tactics that best utilize him. At Arsenal the midfield is so poor so he gets blamed for not tracking back. A player like him shouldn't even be relied on to track back.

Playing wide in a 3-4-3 or whatever you want to call the current formation certainly isn't it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Playing wide in a 3-4-3 or whatever you want to call the current formation certainly isn't it.

I don't think he's played well at all in that formation even counting last year.

Today has been a really exciting day so far I can't even imagine how the deadline day will be.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I've read conflicting things about Reus's return date. They need to sell Mor finally too.

Reus himself said spring after his operation. And Mor is apparently close to signing with Celta Vigo. But either way he is gone, Yarmolenko getting his shirt number is just the latest confirmation for that.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I don't think he's played well at all in that formation even counting last year.

Today has been a really exciting day so far I can't even imagine how the deadline day will be.

So many players being played in roles or positions not suited for them. It's like they buy players with no regard to that sort of thing and/or Wenger just ignores it.

Going to be a frustrating few days for us, I think. This team without Alexis has zero chance to finish top 4. But he isn't going to re-sign so you've got to sell if you get a good offer. Same for Ozil if they're going to stick with this formation. Completely useless and may also lose for free. Looks like Chamberlain is gone. The Mustafi thing makes no sense. Need another big money signing there even if he stays. Looks like Lemar is a no go. Don't even know anyone else we're linked with. Obviously they must have some targets if they are willing to sell Ox and maybe Alexis.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm assuming Alexis handing his transfer request in.

It was from an author stating that Alexis did put in a transfer request.

Honestly, the only thing I can see Arsenal do now is perhaps make a push for Mahrez and maybe sign Seri. And this isn't even with all the constant back and forth rumours about Sanchez leaving or not.

Crazy window, except if you're an Arsenal which then you're on suicide watch. Even if we keep Sanchez and do not sign anybody else in, I could see us finishing 10th like Chelsea.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't like this move for Liverpool if they paid full price (haven't read anything about a discount).
There's no telling if Keita will be worth 80M€ in a year if he doesn't play all that well. He could also be injured badly.
This was made to save face for both Liverpool and Leipzig, but it's not a move I find smart for Pool.

I don't know that I agree. It seems they're paying 51 (which you didn't know when you posted).

He certainly could be hurt, but most injuries can be overcome at this stage. Not always, but usually. I also imagine there's some sort of out clause for Liverpool where they might have to pay a fee, but wouldn't have to take the player.

If they're right, and he's as good as he has looked at times, and hopefully will be, it will be a steal.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He was obviously never hurt... why the doctor expose him like that. Further more that's pretty disrespectful from Couts. IF you're gonna fake an injury don't rub it in by playing with the NT.

BY all means keep him at Liverpool!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
By all means sell him, sign VVD and Lemar.

Guess I can't say sign Keita anymore because he already signed. So weird.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
He was obviously never hurt... why the doctor expose him like that. Further more that's pretty disrespectful from Couts. IF you're gonna fake an injury don't rub it in by playing with the NT.

Let Barca deal with him.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Schick to Roma apparently done. 5m euro loan then 33m purchase, which makes him Roma's most expensive acquisition ever and the second highest Czech player sale ever (after Nedved).

I can't wait to see how he fits there. So much talent.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I don't think he faked an injury. I think Liverpool was doing damage control. Cat is out of the bag now though.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The difference between Keita and Dembele should not be 60-75 M Euros and the two year age gap isn't enough to make up for that either.

Either Dembele's overpriced or Keita's a bargain imo. I did see something involving a release clause with Keita but no confirmation on that.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
The difference between Keita and Dembele should not be 60-75 M Euros and the two year age gap isn't enough to make up for that either.

Either Dembele's overpriced or Keita's a bargain imo. I did see something involving a release clause with Keita but no confirmation on that.

Keita has a 55M release clause next season while Dembele did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad