Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Thats still not a squad that can win the Premier League. Weak in goal, weak at LB, no third CB unless Gomez steps up.

2h3mpi1.png

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I like this Liverpool group, and it's well designed for Klopp's football. I think they'll be a very uncomfortable opponent for just about any top team in the CL, and I wouldn't be shocked if they were making an Early-Klopp-at-BVB-type deep cinderella run. They'll probably lose too many points in the league against non-top clubs to challenge hard, but I could see them doing some significant damage in the CL.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
You can tell yourself that. They can win the PL with their current squad let alone adding a top CB, Lemar and Keita.

Yeah, and Barça can win La Liga against the current Madrid team. Is it likely? No. Same for you, especially losing points on games won like Watford's.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Probably should've been more specific in that comment. Meant to say for the 3-4-3, I don't think that is a formation that comes naturally to Wenger. I think we can also see that from his back 3 selections, they just don't make sense, and playing Bellerin at LWB. It just seems like Wenger is just playing the copycat role in switching to the 3-4-3 and not actually don't what is best for his personnel.

I don't think Wenger can make Ox excel at wing-back, but Conte has shown he can develop wing-backs like crazy. Did it in Italy and he's done that with Alonso and Moses.

Ok then, I see.

I don't like 3-4-3 and I actually hoped he would've changed it right away in pre-season because forget about the wingbacks and whether or not they work, more importantly we don't have the CM's to make it work either.

Ramsey thinks he's #10 and leaves acres of space behind him and Xhaka doesn't have the legs for it and right now he can't not pass it to the other team.

As for AOC - Wenger can't make him excel there because he doesn't want to play there and IMO it's the main reason he could very well be wearing a different shirt next week. I actually think he's done pretty well there, but he clearly want to be in another position.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm impressed by LFC's proactive thinking with the Keita move if it comes to fruition.

Schick to Roma apparently done. 5m euro loan then 33m purchase, which makes him Roma's most expensive acquisition ever and the second highest Czech player sale ever (after Nedved).

I like that move for him a lot more than Juve or Inter.

Thanks for the info.. as a Czech, I'd like to see him somewhere where he'll get lots of playing time. I feel as if Roma is the best option for him in that case. At least based on the teams chasing him.. I heard Tottenham was interested, wish that would work out!! But I doubt it haha

:huh:

No want or need for Sanches.

Coutinho will stay this year and then Keita steps in for him next summer.

And yes I will eat partial crow if they pull this off. They still need a CM and a CB though.

:huh:

Sanches is not good. He has no brain. I'm not loaning in a player to develop him from a nothing team, when he is too raw to contribute yet. Also Pearce said they aren't interested.

It's not that he has no brain, it's just that he isn't a quick enough thinker in possession for a club like Bayern...sorta like Can...but he's not braindead in pressing by an stretch.

Ooof feel bad for the RedBull players. Not sure how Naby is going to perform now knowing he is getting his dream move for next summer.

And the same for Phil when he moves to Barca next summer.

Teams should realize this, why deal with unhappy players.

This happens all the time and players almost always just do their jobs and enjoy the time they have left with their comrades. It happened with lewandowski when he signed the secret agreement with Bayern a year before his contract expired and he was a full pro. It happened when BVB poached Reus from BMG over the winter, and he had one of the best ruckrunde's he's ever had before moving back to Dortmund. Max Kruse was signed by BMG just weeks before scoring a brace against them with his friends in Freiburg. There's tons of examples of this in football and it's almost never an issue.

He's going to perform like it's a World Cup year.

or more succinctly, this:

Too many things I don't understand

1) Why would RBL keep a player a full season knowing he wanted out all summer and knowing he'll be leaving at the end of the season?
2) Why would Liverpool want to sign Lemar AND Keita while still not allowing Coutinho to leave?
3) Why Barca didn't go hard after Keita once they realized they were wasting their time with Coutinho and Liverpool? Or Lemar when it's known he's available?
4) Why Monaco are doing a firesale of their best players after a terrific start to the season? Do they have enough time to replace Lemar? Is Fabinho next? I'm a little disappointed their team was dismantled so fast.
5) WTF is going on with Arsenal? Why are Sanchez and Ozil still in this mess? They should ask for a transfer now.

1) Because Keita is one of Leipzig's best players; the club has a big season ahead of them as they debut in the CL on top of facing a stronger domestic challenge to retain a CL spot for next season; and his successor is 19 year old who just arrived from the Austrian league, he needs to be eased in so he can be ready to take over for Keita in the spring/over the summer

Last edited:

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
What can our Czech posters say about Tomáš Koubek? He moved to Rennes.

Started getting caps for the national team last year. How does he compare to Jiří Pavlenka at Werder Bremen?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I like this Liverpool group, and it's well designed for Klopp's football. I think they'll be a very uncomfortable opponent for just about any top team in the CL, and I wouldn't be shocked if they were making an Early-Klopp-at-BVB-type deep cinderella run. They'll probably lose too many points in the league against non-top clubs to challenge hard, but I could see them doing some significant damage in the CL.

IDK. The EPL champions are rarely as dominant from match to match as Bayern are now. There's more room for error and dropping a match or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->