Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Similar players stylistically and physically, but Ox, while far from a genius, is smarter than Moses, he's a better dribbler, shooter, etc. Did I mention he's smarter than Moses?

And he has only played about ten games as a wingback. Don't agree that he is smarter or a better finisher either.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I only count three healthy and true wingers now (Pulisic, Philipp, Yarmolenko) so with Schürrle that's four for the season pretty much. Let's worry about what happens when Reus gets back when he actually does. By then the season's almost over and then the situation will be evaluated again.

I've read conflicting things about Reus's return date. They need to sell Mor finally too.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Love the timing.

Could see it on his and Ozil's face yesterday. No intention of staying there whatsoever, but I think Ozil has too much respect for Arsenal to hand in a transfer request.

Paul Joyce saying the Keita fee is 51m.

LOL

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ten more than Moses had played before we put them there. I'm prepared to eat crow, but I have a very solid feeling about Oxlade taking over at RWB.

And even if he doesn't excel there, he's a competent utility player that is home-grown, so with the amount of cash that we have, it's a signing that needed to happen.

We have 3 non-under 21 home-grown players, Cahill, Fabregas, and Moses. Moses should be a backup/squad player going forward, either through Ox or an eventual upgrade, and Cahill and Fabregas are both getting older and will probably be phased out at some point in the nearish future.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Could see it on his and Ozil's face yesterday. No intention of staying there whatsoever, but I think Ozil has too much respect for Arsenal to hand in a transfer request.

Not sure if any team needs Ozil. Plus Ozil like London and has friends there.

The rumour is that Sanchez only wants to go to City. I think Arsenal will accept if City bid 70 million pounds.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Arsenal should sell Sanchez. For as much as possible. Then Ozil too. And then fire Wenger. New coach can pick a CM and CB.

Would Laurent Blanc reject Arsenal given his United history?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Coutinho and Lemar this season.

Keita and Lemar next season.

Would crap my shorts if they signed Lemar. Would also be fine with Coutinho leaving now.

You could get both Keita and Lemar for Coutinho money. They're better too.:shakehead

I do think if Lemar comes in Liverpool sells Couts. This is why their aggressively trying to sign him today.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You could get both Keita and Lemar for Coutinho money. They're better too.:shakehead

I do think if Lemar comes in Liverpool sells Couts. This is why their aggressively trying to sign him today.

I don't think that's necessarily the case. Liverpool had that money in the bank. They don't need to sell Coutinho to broker those moves.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Arsenal should sell Sanchez. For as much as possible. Then Ozil too. And then fire Wenger. New coach can pick a CM and CB.

Would Laurent Blanc reject Arsenal given his United history?

The problem is much deeper than that. The stuff coming out shows how dysfunctional Arsenal is. Owner and board disagreements, player in fighting, manager and board disagreements.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Unfortunately, I think if he was available at a price Klopp thought was reasonable, he would want him. Even with this Lemar and Keita stuff.

They won't sell to Liverpool. He can go on a free for them next year. I don't see how he would fit in Liverpool's formation though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool will have a A+ summer if:

Lemar signs
Virgil signs
Coutinho stays
Can re-signs

Would settle for a similar level CB to Virgil, that is a very important piece.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
van Dijk's not signing. I refuse to believe it or get that excited.

They won't sell to Liverpool. He can go on a free for them next year. I don't see how he would fit in Liverpool's formation though.
I don't see where he fits either, but I find it interesting that for years now whenever the player is brought up to him he showers him with praise. He'd be in for him.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Liverpool will have a A+ summer if:

Lemar signs
Virgil signs
Coutinho stays
Can re-signs

Would settle for a similar level CB to Virgil, that is a very important piece.

You guys should be in on Höwedes. No excuses not to.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Read that liverpool deal is on hold with then hoping spurs make a bid...cant see levy opening up checkbook that much

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
di Marzio saying that Monaco have made an offer for Keita Balde. Exactly the player I would sign for the left side if Lemar left.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I don't see where he fits either, but I find it interesting that for years now whenever the player is brought up to him he showers him with praise. He'd be in for him.

I think any manager would love to have a player like Ozil. The problem is building tactics that best utilize him. At Arsenal the midfield is so poor so he gets blamed for not tracking back. A player like him shouldn't even be relied on to track back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad