Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Monaco may choose to not sell Lemar. Stay tuned.

A. K. A. Liverpool need to up their offer and/or give them Origi on loan.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Hearing Diego Costa will be loaned to Everton
As an Everton fan I would be pretty pleased with that. Yeah he might be a bit out of shape but he is way better than any striker we have at the moment. Also takes the pressure off Sandro and Calvert-Lewin, who are both kids.

Makes a tonne of sense for Chelsea as well. Gets him out off the club till he can move to Athletico. And as an added bonus he gets to play for Everton in these games.

vs Spurs
@ Man U
vs Arsenal
@ Liverpool
vs Man U (1st Jan)
@ Spurs (13th Jan)

You think Everton have more change of taking points off Chelseas title rivals with Costa in the team? Bet Chelsea would think so. He could potentially play against United & Spurs twice for Everton depending on when the Athletico thing goes through.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I imagine a Costa to Everton loan deal would seal a Barkley transfer to Chelsea over Tottenham. Wouldn't be the worst outcome, to add another young home-grown player that Conte can work with.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
As an Everton fan I would be pretty pleased with that. Yeah he might be a bit out of shape but he is way better than any striker we have at the moment. Also takes the pressure off Sandro and Calvert-Lewin, who are both kids.

Makes a tonne of sense for Chelsea as well. Gets him out off the club till he can move to Athletico. And as an added bonus he gets to play for Everton in these games.

vs Spurs
@ Man U
vs Arsenal
@ Liverpool
vs Man U (1st Jan)
@ Spurs (13th Jan)

You think Everton have more change of taking points off Chelseas title rivals with Costa in the team? Bet Chelsea would think so. He could potentially play against United & Spurs twice for Everton depending on when the Athletico thing goes through.

That has been Chelsea's prerogative with some of their higher profile loans.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Makes sense if he wants to play midfield, he could play as one of the 3 in midfield for Liverpool. At Chelsea its either RWB or as one of the two behind Morata.

So Liverpool will field AOC, Lemar and Keita as their central mid next year?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

AOC will play where Klopp puts him. They certainly may have an opening at CM. Lemar might also play in the front three. No reason to be afraid of squad depth.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Not sure about OX, he would be perfect for Klopps pressing attack, but is he skilled enough to play with Mo, Bobby and Saido.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Lemar is more of a winger isn't he? He would play as one of the front 3.

Midfield 3 would be some mix of AOC, Keita, Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum & Can (if he is still around).

With AOC & lallana having the flexibility to move into a forward 3 role if required.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ox messed up. If he wanted to come to Liverpool he needed to do it before they signed Keita.

Lemar is more of a winger isn't he? He would play as one of the front 3.

Midfield 3 would be some mix of AOC, Keita, Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum & Can (if he is still around).

With AOC & lallana having the flexibility to move into a forward 3 role if required.

Lemar is more of a winger, but so were Wijnaldum, Coutinho, and Lallana. I think Klopp would want him in midfield.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
There are sources saying Ox prefers Chelsea because of staying in London and sources saying he prefers Liverpool because of position. Arsenal also reportedly won't deal with Liverpool because relations between the clubs are bad. Who knows who these sources are.

In the end I see him going to Chelsea.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It's hard to project. Some of it hinges on a Can deal.

If Emre Can signs a new contract, and he plays like he played yesterday, he's playing in most any midfield he wants.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's hard to project. Some of it hinges on a Can deal.

If Emre Can signs a new contract, and he plays like he played yesterday, he's playing in most any midfield he wants.

Hard to say.

Wijnaldum was better, Henderson is captain, Keita is certainly better and we only play with 3. I could see Can leaving unless Henderson fails to rediscover his form/is injured. I don't think Can wants to be a rotation option and he probably would be when Keita comes in (especially if Lemar is bought).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't know that I agree. It seems they're paying 51 (which you didn't know when you posted).

He certainly could be hurt, but most injuries can be overcome at this stage. Not always, but usually. I also imagine there's some sort of out clause for Liverpool where they might have to pay a fee, but wouldn't have to take the player.

If they're right, and he's as good as he has looked at times, and hopefully will be, it will be a steal.

Yeah I thought it was 80M€ (which IMO is already too much for this summer).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If this Lemar deal goes through and (fantasy land) van Dijk or another defender does make the switch...

Forwards: Firmino, Mane, Lemar, Salah, Sturridge, Solanke, Kent

Midfielders: Keita, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Can, Woodburn, Grujic

Defenders: van Dijk**, Lovren, Matip, Gomez, Klavan, Clyne, Robertson, TAA, Moreno

Keepers: Mignolet, Karius, Ward

What a squad.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It was from an author stating that Alexis did put in a transfer request.

Honestly, the only thing I can see Arsenal do now is perhaps make a push for Mahrez and maybe sign Seri. And this isn't even with all the constant back and forth rumours about Sanchez leaving or not.

Crazy window, except if you're an Arsenal which then you're on suicide watch. Even if we keep Sanchez and do not sign anybody else in, I could see us finishing 10th like Chelsea.

Honestly I don't understand this

A front three of Alexis-Lacazette and Ozil behind them is fantastic. Play a 4-3-1-2 and you could really succeed. Maybe like Xhaka-CDM-Ramsey or something. Then Kolasinic-Mustafi-Kos-Bellerin. Looks like a pretty good team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->