Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He was a boyhood Liverpool fan, even if that means basically nothing.

I'll say that playing for Klopp with a team that goes forward is a bit of an interesting offer for a number of players. I realize Chelsea do score, but playing Klopp's football is a bit of an exciting proposition for most players.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe he should look at Huddersfield Town, then.

I mean if he wants to be a guaranteed starter at midfielder...

If AOC goes to Chelsea than Liverpool goes harder for Lemar. If AOC comes that's great but Liverpool have bigger fish to fry. If he goes to Chelsea so be it. I hope he is starting for them at wingback on November 25th

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Liverpool's next offer for Lemar will be £70m and possibly Origi. Per James Pearce.

Pearce also said that Mane and Keita share an agent and have been talking about the move. So Mane won't be leaving in the future either. :D

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Actually think Origi would do well in France. He just needs to gain his confidence back after Mori broke his leg.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Origi comes from France. And didn't particularly shine. If he joins Monaco, I'm sure he'll look good. Not sure he would at Marseille.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Origi comes from France. And didn't particularly shine. If he joins Monaco, I'm sure he'll look good. Not sure he would at Marseille.

Hes shown he can do it, just lost all of his confidence after he broke his leg. Not surprising to be honest

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, I think Evilo knows best, but I do think some of it had to be him wanting to leave and knowing his move was already done.

But the tools are there if he wants. Monaco would make him look pretty good.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If this Lemar deal goes through and (fantasy land) van Dijk or another defender does make the switch...

Forwards: Firmino, Mane, Lemar, Salah, Sturridge, Solanke, Kent

Midfielders: Keita, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Milner, Lallana, Can, Woodburn, Grujic

Defenders: van Dijk**, Lovren, Matip, Gomez, Klavan, Clyne, Robertson, TAA, Moreno

Keepers: Mignolet, Karius, Ward

What a squad.

Thats still not a squad that can win the Premier League. Weak in goal, week at LB, no third CB unless Gomez steps up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Thats still not a squad that can win the Premier League. Weak in goal, week at LB, no third CB unless Gomez steps up.

You can tell yourself that. They can win the PL with their current squad let alone adding a top CB, Lemar and Keita.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

I don't think your criticisms are realistic.

They have a third CB if VVD comes, with Lovren pushed to the bench or Gomez ready to contribute.

I think Robertson is vastly underrated.

Teams don't win the EPL based on their keeper play. They need someone not to bungle it. Mignolet, for all his problems, was solid last season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You can tell yourself that. They can win the PL with their current squad let alone adding a top CB, Lemar and Keita.

Liverpool can make a title run if they can add Van Dijk and Lemar, AND they keep Coutinho. As of right now they are still too short.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Liverpool is not winning anything with that defense. And you might not win a league based on keeper play, but you can definitely lose the title based on keeper play.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Wenger isn't capable of teaching the position to players that are not natural to it IMO, and Conte is. He just needs a greater understanding of the position, similar to Moses last season.

Haha.

Look it's not the weekend where backing or supporting Wenger will be viewed upon lightly.

But holy ****... arguably the best player that has played in the premier league is someone he bought and saw his potential for a different position.

There's a few other examples of it as well, so possibly let's give him that at least.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lovren is not even a good 3CB, he's a 4CB. Can Gomez step up and be a good 3CB right away?

I think they could get by with Moreno, Milner, Robertson at LB. Thats not good, but not terrible. The other two areas are bigger needs.

They refuse to admit their mistake in goal. They tried to bring in two keepers for some money recently, and neither has done the job.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool is not winning anything with that defense. And you might not win a league based on keeper play, but you can definitely lose the title based on keeper play.

Sure, they had Suarez and Sturridge going nuts, but they were almost title winners with a defense that wasn't much better and probably worse goaltending.

If they can consistently beat the top 6 and beat up on the bad teams, they'll be ok. I'm not saying they're title winners, but they should be in the discussion. Klopp knows how to get it done.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Haha.

Look it's not the weekend where backing or supporting Wenger will be viewed upon lightly.

But holy ****... arguably the best player that has played in the premier league is someone he bought and saw his potential for a different position.

There's a few other examples of it as well, so possibly let's give him that at least.

Probably should've been more specific in that comment. Meant to say for the 3-4-3, I don't think that is a formation that comes naturally to Wenger. I think we can also see that from his back 3 selections, they just don't make sense, and playing Bellerin at LWB. It just seems like Wenger is just playing the copycat role in switching to the 3-4-3 and not actually don't what is best for his personnel.

I don't think Wenger can make Ox excel at wing-back, but Conte has shown he can develop wing-backs like crazy. Did it in Italy and he's done that with Alonso and Moses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->