Summer 2017 Transfers & Rumors Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So he would go to the bench then.

That's up to Klopp. Nothing wrong with competition and rotation. There will be a lot more minutes regardless for AOC in front six positions than at Chelsea, and he obviously wants to leave Arsenal.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I think Ox just wants to compete for trophies. I would respect him if he came out and said that. I think wanting to leave has nothing to do with anything else.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
That's up to Klopp. Nothing wrong with competition and rotation. There will be a lot more minutes regardless for AOC in front six positions than at Chelsea, and he obviously wants to leave Arsenal.

How would there be a lot more minutes in Liverpool when he'd likely start at Chelsea and not start at Liverpool? If he wants trophies, he's going to Chelsea.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
How would there be a lot more minutes in Liverpool when he'd likely start at Chelsea and not start at Liverpool? If he wants trophies, he's going to Chelsea.

At Chelsea he is going to start at wing back; a position he doesn't like.

At Liverpool he would have the chance to compete for a spot in the midfield as well as on the wing.

If he goes to Chelsea he is a defender. He doesn't want to be a defense.

There is also no reason Liverpool can't compete for trophies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

At Liverpool he would have the chance to compete for a spot in the midfield as well as on the wing.

Wing-backs aren't truly defenders, they have to be involved in all aspects of the game. RWB is a completely different role than RB. He'd be a backup at all spots at Liverpool, so again, he'd have less minutes at Liverpool.

Shall we compare recent trophies for Liverpool and Chelsea?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Sure. Same with Arsenal. Except Arsenal has actually won trophies recently and Liverpool hasn't.

Comparing Liverpool to Chelsea in terms of title contention likelihood is silly.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Comparing Liverpool to Chelsea in terms of title contention likelihood is silly.

If Liverpool and Chelsea wind up both being in for the player, I'll let the player judge.

Wing-backs aren't truly defenders, they have to be involved in all aspects of the game. RWB is a completely different role than RB. He'd be a backup at all spots at Liverpool, so again, he'd have less minutes at Liverpool.

He's been playing RWB at Arsenal.

After watching the game yesterday in addition to the entire close of Arsenal's last season, he is definitely not suited to it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Sure but that is the position that he plays at Arsenal and he doesn't like it. If he wanted to play WB he could stay at Arsenal. At Liverpool he gets to be a pure midfielder not a philosophical one. Maybe he values that?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sure. Same with Arsenal. Except Arsenal has actually won trophies recently and Liverpool hasn't.

Don't think it's silly at all. Everyone starts the new season at zero points. We will see what happens.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He's been playing RWB at Arsenal.

After watching the game yesterday in addition to the entire close of Arsenal's last season, he is definitely not suited to it.

Wenger isn't capable of teaching the position to players that are not natural to it IMO, and Conte is. He just needs a greater understanding of the position, similar to Moses last season.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Sure but that is the position that he plays at Arsenal and he doesn't like it. If he wanted to play WB he could stay at Arsenal. At Liverpool he gets to be a pure midfielder not a philosophical one. Maybe he values that?

He's leaving for either position or guaranteed play time. He's not going to get guaranteed play time at Liverpool so unless he's ok with warming the bench he will most likely go to Chelsea.

Plus London>Liverpool and I bet his girlfriend will have a say in this.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

And maybe he values trophies, and not philosophical ones.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Yeah I thought it was 80M€ (which IMO is already too much for this summer).

Maybe.

I think the trouble is if you're Liverpool, you think he's going to be easily worth that in 2-3 seasons time. I'm not sure they're right, but I'm not sure they're wrong.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd be happy with Oxlade, but now that there was a real bid on Lemar it would make me a little sad to get Chambo instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->