Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Hope this is not just a ploy giving fans false hope and hoping season ticket holders do not ask for refunds. Do you really see social gatherings of 2000 or more by Dec 1st? Not trying to be too negative, but have to ask.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Unless things change significantly, IMHO, there is no way in hell you will be seeing 2000 people in a building to watch teens play hockey. Last week we had 20 cases in Sudbury allegedly because of a pit party. Every time we let our guard down, there is potential for an outbreak, which means that the vulnerable in our community are at risk. Without a game changing situation (i.e vaccine that works, amazing new treatment...) hockey at all levels as we know it will be on hold. I know people are passionate about hockey, but seriously, the world is a different place now.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Its insanely optimistic to expect fans to be able to attend at that point. Therefore I have zero faith that there will be a 20-21 season since the vast majority of revenue used to cover expenses is gate driven

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Open for business in this case is not applicable, imo. The KED group is not paying the cost of infrastructure and building on undeveloped rock and muskeg; and, it does not offer a significant amount of new permanent jobs. By comparison, the land surrounded by Hwy 69, Long Lake Rd., MacIsaac Dr., and Algonquin Rd. is ready to build.
The population shrunk by about 550 from 2007-2018 and the workforce shrunk by 2000. What sense would it make for the (aging) taxpayer to develop new properties to build on when there are suitable properties ready?
I think the arena/(convention centre which might create service jobs) should be built downtown. I believe a convention centre in a city of this size has to be near the banks/chamber of commerce/city hall. I would be ok with an arena on MacIsaac Dr..

Exactly... the Kingsway site is horrible. At what cost to the tax payers is the clean up of the Kingsway site going to be? This is the old Deliece construction site. Nick was not the most law abiding environmentalist human to live. What garbage is buried there?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Pekr would probably worth the OA + Import spot since he'd be a significant improvement over our 3rd overager (Robinson/Hutcherson/Gilhula/) and over the Euro forward we took in the second round

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Pekr would probably worth the OA + Import spot since he'd be a significant improvement over our 3rd overager (Robinson/Hutcherson/Gilhula/) and over the Euro forward we took in the second round
Definitely agree, I think I'm one of the bigger Robinson fans, but Pekar would be one of the best forwards on the team.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
To my knowledge you never mentioned it landed in social media first. You stated you know the family well . So that suggests someone trusted in the family that gave this info, to keep it private. Or am I missing something here.
Sorry man I missed this post in my notifications thats my bad, it was a social media post along with chatter from different sources I mentioned (no I'm not one of those bring Burgess back people before thats where this goes either), we do know the Zulich family, also know some of those mentioned as buyers very well. No information was private it was being discussed among many people before I brought it here, thats why I hinted it prior, I only pm private information, its what I've always done.

My apologies if it offended you, I thought this was a discussion forum so I only posted it to see if anyone had heard similar. As many said it was likely just political positioning, I never said it wasn't. I just posted what was being circulated through the circles I'm very familiar with.

Last edited:

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I don't know if anyone would be interested in seeing your import goalie Frederik Dichow play, he played in a U-20 tournament for Team Denmark vs Team Norway on 8-14. Faced a ton of shots but while the stream is quality, it's filmed from center ice so not the greatest way to see him play.

https://tv.hockey.no/Vod/47d553fd4bbc4e07fbe0159a2a56376e

Thx for this. Always amazes me the size of these rinks in Europe.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Man, normally we'd be getting ready to talk about our thoughts on training camp right around now. Wild. I'd love to be getting ready for the 2020-2021 season right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad