Sudbury Wolves 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Yeah. I would be really curious as to what both would have to say about their experience in Sudbury and whether they think it helped or hurt their careers. Admittedly at that point the Wolves did not have an appropriate coaching staff for this level. Regardless of what you think of Matsos and Stillman's effectiveness as coaches, you can't deny they are both at least OHL calibre coaches, something I can't say with confidence that Trent Cull or Paul Fixter were at the time.
Trent Cull was the one we let get away in my opinion. I thought he was a very good coach...problem was he was stuck between a rock and a hard place with the Burgess debacle. I respect that he stuck to his guns and didn't cave on the owners demands. Fixter on the other hand was a disaster and in my opinion shouldn't have been a coach at any level or age of hockey.

the dog

May 16, 2014
fans and residences have to push mayor and councillors move ahead with this project...cost keep going up

cub

Apr 11, 2012
fans and residences have to push mayor and councillors move ahead with this project...cost keep going up

It has been approved by mayor and councillors, however there is a few groups who appealed the decision, it has gone to LPAT and even Supreme Court. It went to Supreme Court recently and waiting for decision on it. It also will go to LPAT hearing I believe in September. So arena has been delayed due to these appeals since the decision to build the arena in June of 2017. Very slow process.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Can’t see any OHL hockey till at least new year with crowd restrictions what they are now.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Can’t see any OHL hockey till at least new year with crowd restrictions what they are now.

that would be a shame for the kids trying to develop into pro hockey players. At the very least play the season in empty rinks if need be. Keep the USA teams in GTA for the season. Find a way of having a season. The USHL is still planning on having a full season. The OHL needs to find a way of having a season too

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
that would be a shame for the kids trying to develop into pro hockey players. At the very least play the season in empty rinks if need be. Keep the USA teams in GTA for the season. Find a way of having a season. The USHL is still planning on having a full season. The OHL needs to find a way of having a season too

OHL can't afford a season or half season with empty rinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad