Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
I missed the game both by not being there and missed it online, what happened with Pekar to start fighting?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I missed the game both by not being there and missed it online, what happened with Pekar to start fighting?

I believe he got tangled up with Bahl and led to a fight, I think he got ejected not having jersey tied down.

Reactions: hockieguy

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Andy pretty quiet after the win, typical. I'm glad you acknowledge yourself as one of the big mouths.
Not sure who Andy is, probably your 3rd alias Cubby. Either way great team effort today but just like it hasn’t been one terrible d/goalie effort all year but rather several, one win doesn’t solve all

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
All the big mouth posters quiet after a Big win, pretty vocal last game.
Wow. Relax this organization is still in turmoil. Who’s call to bring up Bowen? Papineau or Zulich? One thing is for sure it should have been done long ago to give these players some lift. You make a few early saves and then a huge glove one in the second and the Wolves score soon after. Never had that all season. Not that Bowen will do that every game but he was sound and challenged shooters and was confident. For management to not try something else only made things worse as the season wore on. Sometimes you need to suck up your pride. But to call posters big mouths!!! It’s been a mess all year. I don’t run away after a win and hop back on the wagon. Just wow!

WJ

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
I believe he got tangled up with Bahl and led to a fight, I think he got ejected not having jersey tied down.
Good for him. Pretty ballsy to take on someone listed as 6 ft 7 240 lbs. Pekar certainly isn't a Pilon.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Not sure who Andy is, probably your 3rd alias Cubby. Either way great team effort today but just like it hasn’t been one terrible d/goalie effort all year but rather several, one win doesn’t solve all

I agree I said it should have been addressed during course of season, I seen enough of this goalie tandem. However, you came at me first last game for no reason, and I saw Papineau partying up in box today. lol.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Wow. Relax this organization is still in turmoil. Who’s call to bring up Bowen? Papineau or Zulich? One thing is for sure it should have been done long ago to give these players some lift. You make a few early saves and then a huge glove one in the second and the Wolves score soon after. Never had that all season. Not that Bowen will do that every game but he was sound and challenged shooters and was confident. For management to not try something else only made things worse as the season wore on. Sometimes you need to suck up your pride. But to call posters big mouths!!! It’s been a mess all year. I don’t run away after a win and hop back on the wagon. Just wow!

WJ

agree about the goalie situation, I have always said to address the goalie situation, but guys like you who recently did the play by play on board when the Wolves were losing and looked stupid when they came back to win. Then you got the other F head do the same against the Saginaw game, what purpose are you guys trying to do? I have more respect for you guys if you also comment when the team wins not just when they lose.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The take away is a positive one. A greatly needed win and a blow out loss for the colts. But settle down cub, it was one deserved huge win over a clearly tired maybe slumping team. No need for personal attacks, unless it aimed at the GM for not taking advantage of the wolves rare standing at the deadline :)

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyHell

cub

Apr 11, 2012
The take away is a positive one. A greatly needed win and a blow out loss for the colts. But settle down cub, it was one deserved huge win over a clearly tired maybe slumping team. No need for personal attacks, unless it aimed at the GM for not taking advantage of the wolves rare standing at the deadline :)

I get personal attack all the time, but I can handle it, but I can dish it out with the best of them. It is a big win, I agree we caught Ottawa at good time but at the same time all in all good effort by the team. I have always said to address the goalie situation and that is on Papineau, for sticking for them so long. Today's game shows that if we have some kind of decent goaltending the troops can rally in front of him. I hope we give Bowman some more games and he is available for the playoffs.

Reactions: WaW

Coywolf

Feb 23, 2020
Exciting game today. Felt like an afternoon playoff game with the above zero temps outside. I've been able to get to 6 or 7 games this season. This may be the first game that there wasn't a goalie change. Bowen looked confident. Any chance he could play in the playoffs, or did he have to sign before Feb 10?

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
I agree he looks good in the stands , no bandages, there has to be more to it. Scouts would like to see him against the better teams and that looks like it won't happen. Wonder what effect this will have regarding his rating ?
Part of me thinks that is part of the idea behind this...

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I like what I see from Bowen, very quick, tracks pucks well. I hope I didn't give him the kiss of death, happy for the kid, I hope he gets run of games.
No you did not other than writing him off as a courtesy pic when he was drafted only because he was Bowens boy. We all make mistakes. Just thought I would remind you through.:nod::nod:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
No you did not other than writing him off as a courtesy pic when he was drafted only because he was Bowens boy. We all make mistakes. Just thought I would remind you through.:nod::nod:

Yes, I did admit to that, when he called up for games with the Wolves a few years back, I said I was impressed and wrong. You keep harping on Byfield, about the NHL draft with your induendos, not much difference. :nod::nod:

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Here answers the question if Bowman can play in playoffs:

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Yes, I did admit to that, when he called up for games with the Wolves a few years back, I said I was impressed and wrong. You keep harping on Byfield, about the NHL draft with your induendos, not much difference. :nod::nod:
I have stated all along I believe Quinton will go second overall I am not convinced he is ready for the jump to the NHL next season just to clear that up. When do you think his agent will give the green light for him to return to the line up?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Call it as it is, good and bad. Today the whole team played well and battled in all zones, no passengers today unlike most other games this year.

not you Voice from the North, you do. My message were to a couple of guys trying to single me out during the Saginaw game. I really believe if you have a solid goalie, team plays totally different. If you got goalies you're not confidence in, it changes the whole mojo of the team. This was a major flaw this season not addressed, especially during the course of season, continuously getting the sub par goaltending.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Well that's unfortunate. They need to figure it out with Purboo/Weeks then. Rayside playoffs start early march and they're expected to go deep.

yes should of had the insurance policy, Wolves had released him to go play in "Q". came back to Rayside. I wonder if Lemaire is in play? I would think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad