Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Lol...

It’s so hard to be a fan of this team. I guess fans in Kingston and Sarnia can relate, as I think they’ve been just as bad historically. (Well, at least they have nice arenas to live their misery).

I wonder what it’s like to cheer for a team that is in the hunt every year, or at least has a decent go every couple seasons. We will never have nice things here.

Gotta laugh at fans of other teams that cry because their team isn’t the London Knights. Imagine if their team was the Sudbury Wolves...
Your post got me thinking. I guess we've been lucky in Ottawa. I've followed the team closely for 21 years and we've always been great, good or competitive except for two years under Byrne which seemed like 6. I refer to those as the dark years. I guess it puts the last two years in perspective especially this year as us Ottawa fans are nitpicking/ fretting about a 42-10 team or whatever it is. Whether we win it all or not we've been blessed the last two years. All I can say is you guys in Sudbury are true hockey fans and I sincerely hope your day will come....and it will.

Reactions: jamo27

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
All I can say is you guys in Sudbury are true hockey fans and I sincerely hope your day will come....and it will.

It has not in the last 40, I don't expect it to in the next 40 at this point either. Just hoping once and a while we can continue to experience watching players like Ukko last year or Byfield this year.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I think today is a great situation for the Wolves playing Ottawa..third game on the Ottawa road trip and they are down a few key guys. Go Wolves Go!

Reactions: dirty12

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Who knows if it'll end well, but its certainly an option. I welcome change based on the last few weeks.

agreed, it's too bad thrown a little bit into the fire, but try anything at this point, he has been playing very well with Rayside.

Habs0101

Mar 17, 2017
Shaken it up.

I hope the kid stands on his head however this reeks of desperation
Anyone who follows this team and is not a cheerleader has been saying since Day 1 that we need a No.1 goalie and D upgrades
Management failed miserably and now is tied with Barrie who sold!
Again I hope he does well but the GM doesn’t deserve and success

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I hope the kid stands on his head however this reeks of desperation
Anyone who follows this team and is not a cheerleader has been saying since Day 1 that we need a No.1 goalie and D upgrades
Management failed miserably and now is tied with Barrie who sold!
Again I hope he does well but the GM doesn’t deserve and success
Wow....he actually did it. Man of his word anyway but yes reeks of absolute desperation. Can we keep him for the playoffs?

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I like what I see from Bowen, very quick, tracks pucks well. I hope I didn't give him the kiss of death, happy for the kid, I hope he gets run of games.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
There are two kinds of people: those who understand and acknowledge that THAT was by far our best performance of the season, and there are those who are simply wrong.

Without Byfield and with our emergency goalie. Hockey is a funny sport
Agreed. Excellent showing. Emergency goalies appear to be the trend this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->