Sudbury Wolves 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
the whole team played well and battled in all zones is a more reasonable take than the wolves played better because they had the confidence of playing in front of a tier 2 goalie.

ok shutout doesn't mean nothing your so funny. He came up with some real big saves which the other two goalies would let in, and team would be dejected. Give the guy some credit, his play was contagious to the whole team.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
ok shutout doesn't mean nothing your so funny. He came up with some real big saves which the other two goalies would let in, and team would be dejected. Give the guy some credit, his play was contagious to the whole team.

You could see much more confidence from the D after those key saves! Nice game Bowen, and in front of Joe!

Reactions: WolvesFan

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
yes should of had the insurance policy, Wolves had released him to go play in "Q". came back to Rayside. I wonder if Lemaire is in play? I would think so.
I think Lemaire is in a similar situation as he was sent to a non-affiliate. But I could definitely be wrong there.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Credit Boewen for wanting the net and doing a fine job taking advantage of his opportunity.
Ok cub? Now I can heap praise on Serensits & Samuelsson for exerting physical dominance on the ‘67s shamefully passive 19-20 yr old forwards and credit the entire team on a good defensive effort?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Credit Boewen for wanting the net and doing a fine job taking advantage of his opportunity.
Ok cub? Now I can heap praise on Serensits & Samuelsson for exerting physical dominance on the ‘67s shamefully passive 19-20 yr old forwards and credit the entire team on a good defensive effort?

Whole team effort with exceptional goaltending won the game. Look at the highlights and look at the saves Bowen made some really key ones, to keep them in the game. Bowen made a point blank glove save I think on Quinn during the PP, he is no slouch in the scoring department. Purboo or Weeks would got scored on that shot. If this team had some goaltending we would had the division clinched by now.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
way to go Bowen!
Well well what a difference a goalie makes huh? remember who broke the news of the possibility. As far big mouth posters, not sure insulting people who point the obvious does anything. I for one was busy earning a living. If anything this makes Papineau look even worse. Only reason we won was Bowen and the players rallying around him not some amazing turnaround by the coaching staff. So can Bowen play in the playoffs? Are we going to be all clandestine about Byfield? Il say like Lennon: Just give me some truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyHell

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Whole team effort with exceptional goaltending won the game. Look at the highlights and look at the saves Bowen made some really key ones, to keep them in the game. Bowen made a point blank glove save I think on Quinn during the PP, he is no slouch in the scoring department. Purboo or Weeks would got scored on that shot. If this team had some goaltending we would had the division clinched by now.
This is true and who was responsible for securing goaltending again :)

Reactions: HockeyHell

cub

Apr 11, 2012
This is true and who was responsible for securing goaltending again :)

If you follow my post I have been vocal on goaltending just like yourself for awhile, it is on Papineau not doing something at some point during the season when it was evident we were getting sub par goaltending. I never hid that from anyone. Not securing Bowen prior Feb. 10 deadline is another mistake so he can play playoffs. Not sure how many more games they will give Bowen, after yesterday hope so, but his first commitment I believe is with Rayside Balfour.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not sure how many more games they will give Bowen, after yesterday hope so, but his first commitment I believe is with Rayside Balfour.
As an affiliate I believe he can play no more than 10 regular season games and then rejoin the team once Rayside is done.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
If you follow my post I have been vocal on goaltending just like yourself for awhile, it is on Papineau not doing something at some point during the season when it was evident we were getting sub par goaltending. I never hid that from anyone. Not securing Bowen prior Feb. 10 deadline is another mistake so he can play playoffs. Not sure how many more games they will give Bowen, after yesterday hope so, but his first commitment I believe is with Rayside Balfour.

Rayside's number one goalie is quite capable as well, so maybe we'll see both of them?

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Wo
Well that's unfortunate. They need to figure it out with Purboo/Weeks then. Rayside playoffs start early march and they're expected to go deep.
Wolves released his rights which allowed Bowen to play in the Q and put up respectable numbers. Then requested to return to Rayside. Ends up in Rayside after they lost their goalie Lamour to the OHLs North Bay Batallian. Rayside solely owns his rights and the Wolves has to resign him in order for him to be AP player. Bowen can only play 10 games max as a call up and can only remain with the team when Rayside’s season ends. Tell me Blaine Smith, Mark Burgess and Jeff Forsyth didn’t have a chuckle. It seems like our management has been lost all year! How embarrassing. Even Joe Bowen’s father mentioned yesterday that he was proud of his son for getting his first OHL shut out in his only start this year. And now looks forward in seeing him play for Rayside the rest of the season as they hioe to contend for the Dudley Cup! Sadly the Wolves misplayed this youngster the last season or so. It has been rumoured that the Bowen family was not happy that Sudbury didn’t give him a chance earlier in training camp.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Wo

Wolves released his rights which allowed Bowen to play in the Q and put up respectable numbers. Then requested to return to Rayside. Ends up in Rayside after they lost their goalie Lamour to the OHLs North Bay Batallian. Rayside solely owns his rights and the Wolves has to resign him in order for him to be AP player. Bowen can only play 10 games max as a call up and can only remain with the team when Rayside’s season ends. Tell me Blaine Smith, Mark Burgess and Jeff Forsyth didn’t have a chuckle. It seems like our management has been lost all year! How embarrassing. Even Joe Bowen’s father mentioned yesterday that he was proud of his son for getting his first OHL shut out in his only start this year. And now looks forward in seeing him play for Rayside the rest of the season as they hioe to contend for the Dudley Cup! Sadly the Wolves misplayed this youngster the last season or so. It has been rumoured that the Bowen family was not happy that Sudbury didn’t give him a chance earlier in training camp.

WJ

Your recent comment doesn't match up to what you said about him yesterday, I guess another backfire.

"Not the Zamboni driver but close enough hahaha."
WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
As said before I agree that Weeks is the one we should try to develop. He shows skill and then falls apart at the worst times. Just don't get it. I'm not sure what we're going to do.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Might want to get those glasses adjusted.

4.52 GAA .857 SV% are not respectibable numbers, even by Sudbury Wolves standards.

Yeah lol he was so bad in the Q I actually thought Drummondville cut him. The claim that it was a personal decision to return surprises me, whether or not that's true.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Yeah lol he was so bad in the Q I actually thought Drummondville cut him. The claim that it was a personal decision to return surprises me, whether or not that's true.
I heard the same. I think they were trying to make a positive spin. No matter, scrambling to get a goalie, just makes management look desperate. It will be interesting who they go with, going forward. On the Byfield watch, I think he will be back against North Bay potentially better stat game for him to come back to ....

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I heard the same. I think they were trying to make a positive spin. No matter, scrambling to get a goalie, just makes management look desperate. It will be interesting who they go with, going forward. On the Byfield watch, I think he will be back against North Bay potentially better stat game for him to come back to ....
I don’t believe he is worried about stats at this point. Conditioning and working on parts of his game that need work I believe would be his priority. It is pretty much a given he will go second overall. Helping the team advance as far as they can would more demonstrate his character, and I am sure that would be his main goal if he was asked.

Reactions: Iloveallsports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->