Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
All of the players are playing "Hurt"...

Multiple key players for the Wolves are playing through injury at the moment right now though.

Big difference.

With that said I appreciate the effort that all of these young players are putting in right now...Fact is they are outmatched by a much Deeper team but still have not showed any quit whatsoever, IMO
Excuses!!! They had an entire week after the 1st rd. Enough time to get rest and some solid fluids. They have not had the jump that I expected. Some players want to play and some are not thinking the game properly! Making huge mistakes defensively and I know we are young back there and playing without two vets. But it’s pathetic how they are just standing around and allowing Ottawa to sneak in behind them. Certain forwards are playing soft and the Pilons are not being the wrecking balls they need to be to slow down the game. I don’t expect them to win but I expected a much better effort. Coaches included.

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Although I am disappointed with this round, I think we need to recognize the speed and pace of play Ottawa is playing at. In my view, it is at another level. At our best, we keep up at times, but not enough to take a team like that. I am very impressed with Ottawa as I wasn't noticing which line of theirs was on the ice - as they are so deep & balanced. Exciting team to watch. I don't think that our team hasn't showed up, they are just not at that level. I am proud of our results this year, and hope we win one tonight for all concerned. Go Wolves Go!

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Excuses!!! They had an entire week after the 1st rd. Enough time to get rest and some solid fluids. They have not had the jump that I expected. Some players want to play and some are not thinking the game properly! Making huge mistakes defensively and I know we are young back there and playing without two vets. But it’s pathetic how they are just standing around and allowing Ottawa to sneak in behind them. Certain forwards are playing soft and the Pilons are not being the wrecking balls they need to be to slow down the game. I don’t expect them to win but I expected a much better effort. Coaches included.

WJ
Just curious. What is your hockey background? If there are guys that are injured then you won't get 100% If your backend is young playing against nhl signed players, then what do you expect to happen? Game 2 was a disapointment but the other two games we were in them but just not good enough to beat them. If people wanted a deep play off run then major trades needed to happen. We just tweeked things at the deadline. Who do you think is not trying. I see alot of effort but alot of mistakes. Ottawa capitalizes on those mistakes. I think to say guys arent trying is a little harsh. Who stands out positive and negative in this this series?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Although I am disappointed with this round, I think we need to recognize the speed and pace of play Ottawa is playing at. In my view, it is at another level. At our best, we keep up at times, but not enough to take a team like that. I am very impressed with Ottawa as I wasn't noticing which line of theirs was on the ice - as they are so deep & balanced. Exciting team to watch. I don't think that our team hasn't showed up, they are just not at that level. I am proud of our results this year, and hope we win one tonight for all concerned. Go Wolves Go!
It’s ridiculous to suggest the team and coaches haven’t been giving it their best. Missing two regular defenceman and our best forward is sixteen.
One thing that isn’t being talked about much and that surprises me is the fact that in two of three games Ottawa twice allowed five goals against, and it’s not like the Wolves are considered an offensive juggernaut. They better tighten up going forward because that won’t cut it.
Yes it’s disappointing and frustrating but we’re not children, no time for tantrums.
The only thing to be about this year’s team is proud. Hope they have their best game of the series, let’s enjoy this one and be the seventh man. Go Wolves!

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Wish the best for Ukko going forward and he is indeed a major player in us improving to the degree we did this season. I only hope the 18 goals in 3 games doesn't rock his confidence as he moves to the next level in a weeks time. He is a proven pro and I hope he continues to show it.

Reactions: HockeyHell

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Looks like Windsor is entering their version of our Connor Burgess situation. 2 barely AAA calibre kids drafted way ahead of time as their dad is buying the team.

Really unfortunate this still happens, even moreso that Windsor will inevitably get stuck with the worst GM in the history of the league, Barclay Branch.

Reactions: hockieguy and cub

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Gonna miss tonight... I’m out of town. This season surpassed all my expectations. Watch out for next year. With all the returnees and whatever the staff can trade for we are in great shape. Can’t wait.....

Reactions: WolvesFan

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
Ask one thing for tonight. Team shows up and gives it all. Win or lose that’s the expectation. Nothing less Great run Ottawa is a great team. Don’t hand it to them

Reactions: WolvesFanSudbury

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
Good first. Lots of chances. Hopefully they can get one early in the second and get pumped up even more. Decent crowd here tonight and the team is playing hard. Definitely not going down without a fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad