Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Ruzicka lived up the all the stereotypes about him at the end there....

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I'm pretty irritated with the defensive effort but man are the 67's a beautiful team to watch. Imagine getting to watch that product all season long.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Ruzicka lived up the all the stereotypes about him at the end there....
New wolves rule, no trading for imports at the deadline. Faksa 2.0.

Watching Candella and Stratis on defence is like a never ending re-run of dumb and dumber as they seemingly continue to try to one-up themselves on ignoring defensive responsibilities.

Credit where credit is due, I really thought Murray, Gilhula and McConville came to play tonight. Can't say much about anyone else.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016

Watching Candella and Stratis on defence is like a never ending re-run of dumb and dumber as they seemingly continue to try to one-up themselves on ignoring defensive responsibilities.

Credit where credit is due, I really thought Murray, Gilhula and McConville came to play tonight. Can't say much about anyone else.
Ruzicka was our best (non goalie)player at the end of the regular season, Althought he has been a terrible disappointment in the playoffs. Faksa 2.0 is harsh , f*** that guy was crap for us

Reactions: justawolfan

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017

Are you kidding me Bulitka was easily best player for Sudbury ..hands down.

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
The peanut gallery is out in full force tonight.

Wolves on the PP at the red line: "SHOOOOOT"

Wolves on the PP in the corner: "SHOOOOOT THE F%*&$@# PUCK"

3 67's in the shooting lane: "F%&^*#$ SHOOOOOOT"

Anyone who says we have an intelligent fanbase is a fool, lol.

Yeah I had to sit in front of a couple of dudes who apparently are the greatest hockey mind ever lol. According to them Byfield has skills but is lacking heart and Levin has been the worst player in the playoffs thus far. Oh and my personal favourite we need to fire this coach and get a new one for next year lol. I just don't know where these peoples heads are at .

StewieFan76

Mar 23, 2019
Thank you for this, the truest thing I’ve seen. I’ve not liked him all season, and what he’s done this series hasn’t helped his case. Terrible all around

Yeah he thinks he's a forward and he's constantly out of position and leaving the forwards with the responsibility of dropping back. I'd rather have a skilled forward going in with the puck than him that's for sure.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah I had to sit in front of a couple of dudes who apparently are the greatest hockey mind ever lol. According to them Byfield has skills but is lacking heart and Levin has been the worst player in the playoffs thus far. Oh and my personal favourite we need to fire this coach and get a new one for next year lol. I just don't know where these peoples heads are at .

They share the same brain....and it’s been diminished by the Hippie Lettuce.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Curious why you see Butler going college? And no Labelle, Tiveron, Biondi etc? Just curious your reasoning on some things more then anything. Makes for an interesting talk. Definitely can't see both Gilhula and McConville here next year though, especially on L3. I think we'd make a trade at that point

Just a gut feeling, usually a 3rd rounder signs with team, seems to be some options for him, or still in mist of negotiations. I haven't seen him play so I don't have any idea if he's worthy for a spot on team next season.

Yes, like I said Labelle and Tiveron can possibly be on roster depending how they do in training camp. I still think moving some vets will open up some spots for younger guys. I know more about Labelle has skill, skates, and grit, just needed get bigger, so he seems to fit what Wolves want on roster.

Reactions: hockeynorth

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Well the game was entertaining a lot of goals. What I saw was when game was close, Ottawa went into another gear and exposed the D and Forwards who can't skate with them. When they go into another gear we are like in neutral standing still. They have so much depth can't keep up with them for 60 minutes.

Still proud of the Wolves, I would like them to get more physical but it seems they can't even initiate in game, because can't keep up. Bulitka got rocked by Rippon, and there was no push back, that kind of bugged me. Pilons are pretty silent in this series so far, they are working hard but not really changing the momentum of game usually with a big hit. I did like the lines Stillman went with tonight more of a balance I thought.

Funnest part of the game was when Wolves were shorthanded, Carson scored, after that we had a few break aways, 2 on 1's, it was full out open ice hockey, good excitement.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Well the game was entertaining a lot of goals. What I saw was when game was close, Ottawa went into another gear and exposed the D and Forwards who can't skate with them. When they go into another gear we are like in neutral standing still. They have so much depth can't keep up with them for 60 minutes.

Still proud of the Wolves, I would like them to get more physical but it seems they can't even initiate in game, because can't keep up. Bulitka got rocked by Rippon, and there was no push back, that kind of bugged me. Pilons are pretty silent in this series so far, they are working hard but not really changing the momentum of game usually with a big hit. I did like the lines Stillman went with tonight more of a balance I thought.

Funnest part of the game was when Wolves were shorthanded, Carson scored, after that we had a few break aways, 2 on 1's, it was full out open ice hockey, good excitement.
It would have been great if Carson had got the second one ..the crowd would have gone crazy...

Reactions: cub

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
LOL. Priceless.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Candella +1, Stratis +1,... Philips -4, Ross -4, Thompson -3
Candella & Stratis were not on the ice for the Chiodo 1 on 3 early goal; and, they were not the ones that allowed 60 goal scorer Felhaber get behind them late to receive a pass alll alone in
front of the goalie. Those are the goals that will be replayed in the team meeting

Last edited:
Reactions: cub

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
The above stats tell me you can't win playoff series with youth on the backend. Unfortunately Demeo being out of the line up really hurt us. Ross really hasn't looked as good with him out. I would also say the D trying to rush in on this team was just going to bite you in the @$$ and it has. Every mistake exposed. On the plus side these young guys have gained valuable experience for the future.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Ruzicka was our best (non goalie)player at the end of the regular season, Althought he has been a terrible disappointment in the playoffs. Faksa 2.0 is harsh , **** that guy was crap for us
He’s at more than a point per game pace for you guys in the playoffs.
Last year for our guys he had a whopping 3 assists in 12 games. You have the vastly improved version!

Reactions: hockeynorth

cub

Apr 11, 2012
He’s at more than a point per game pace for you guys in the playoffs.
Last year for our guys he had a whopping 3 assists in 12 games. You have the vastly improved version!

I have no problem how Ruzicka has been playing in the playoffs, yes want more, but you can say that a lot of other players on team. I watch him closely he put in honest shift every game, he is dangerous with the puck and great playmaker.

STEEL33

Mar 25, 2019
I said this for a long time. Lukkonnen made this defence look better than they really were all year. This is the second biggest hole in this line up.
I think the optimism was high because the Steelheads played a sub par series and didn't really challenge a average D core. UPL is a beast but the defense can't contain the Speed of the 67's forwards.

Reactions: hockieguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad