Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Why not one more overtime! Seems like the Wolves are carrying the play with Ottawa getting a few good spurts here and there. Refs definitely put the whistles away as both teams are getting away with clear penalties.
Wish I was at the arena for another double overtime game. I guess I could still make it if I left now.

Reactions: dirty12

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Fantastic game and an amazing effort from the Wolves as they play for their lives in OT. Both goalies have been very good. Refs gave definitely put away whistles.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Unless someone on here can tell me a different answer the Sudbury Wolves and Ottawa 67's have now passed the threshold for the longest playoff game in OHL current history

I'm not sure what your definition is for current. However the longest game in OHL playoff history is:

March 20, 1990: Kingston at Belleville - 3:51 of 4th OT

Fun fact: in the 2007 playoffs, Matt Dias scored at 3:23 of triple overtime to send to Wolves to the OHL final.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Very unfortunate finish. I didn’t like that penalty but in the defensive zone with a slash losing a stick is probably warranted....SORTA

Great game by Sudbury tonight. Although both teams put up 60 shots through nearly six periods, I feel Sudbury carried the balance of the play, especially in the first two OT’s.

Takeaways:
1> UPL was awesome tonight as well as DiPietro. Any criticism of either goalie letting in a bunch of goals in this series is erased after both performances tonight
2> Byfield is going to be electric next year. For a big kid like that to still be pushing the play in period six tonight was impressive. I really like Murray as well. HE’s got a lot of jump. The two of them are going to form one of the top lines in the league next year.
3> Overall, love the new organizational structure of the Wolves. Stillman is a great coach and the leadership above that is clearly stellar. There is a renewed sense of pride in the franchise and that is awesome. I’m definitely a Sudbury fan going forward...well, 67’s first but Sudbury is a team to watch for sure.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
It was pretty classless by the 67s to linger on the ice as long as they did to delay our final ovation. Was just no need for that.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
I'm not sure what your definition is for current. However the longest game in OHL playoff history is:

March 20, 1990: Kingston at Belleville - 3:51 of 4th OT

Fun fact: in the 2007 playoffs, Matt Dias scored at 3:23 of triple overtime to send to Wolves to the OHL final.

What I mean since the league had add the shootout to the league years back I've never seen a playoff game go that long since that addition to the league rules

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
What an awful call to end the season Ref wanted to go home. .. really pissed on that.

Saying that wolves played there heart out. Can’t ask for more Ottawa is first in the league for a reason and we showed we can play against them

Reactions: KnightsWatch

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What an awful call to end the season Ref wanted to go home. .. really pissed on that.

Saying that wolves played there heart out. Can’t ask for more Ottawa is first in the league for a reason and we showed we can play against them

Sure, Ottawa scored a lot of goals in this series but if we simply JUST LOOK at the first 30 minutes of each game, this series was pretty close. Ottawa pulled away in the 2nd half of each of the first three games but outside of that, it was a competitive series. The score really wasn’t a complete indicator of the balance of play overall. Sudbury was better than the score.

Reactions: WolvesFan and WaW

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Wolves have a lot to be proud of and to look forward to. First off, the increase in standings in one season .

What an amazing game tonight !!

Terrible way to end such an exciting game.

Ironically the 67's only pp goal in 6 tries tonight the game winner.

Damn disappointing .

Great work, Wolves !!

Reactions: Horseman and OMG67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad