Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I think our 4th to 7th picks very strong, with Anania, Robinson, Savage, Gillespie. We pick up 2 D from strong programs, and I think Gillespie that late is kind of a steal. Savage is risky pick, not sure if he will ever report.

Good assessment. Agreed Savage is risky but personally I'm fine with swinging for the fences in the mid & late rounds. The Sault does that all the time and it frequently works out for them so we'll see.

Last edited:

MGOBlue

Aug 27, 2018
I find it hilarious that so many people are acting like they know more than our scouting staff. 'Oh, we should have drafted this guy, not picking this guy will haunt us, etc, etc.' The truth is, the people complaining have not watched any of these kids play and have no clue what they are talking about. They read a couple mock drafts then pretend like they are experts. Comedy at it's finest.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
I find it hilarious that so many people are acting like they know more than our scouting staff. 'Oh, we should have drafted this guy, not picking this guy will haunt us, etc, etc.' The truth is, the people complaining have not watched any of these kids play and have no clue what they are talking about. They read a couple mock drafts then pretend like they are experts. Comedy at it's finest.
Exactly.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Most potential fans do not have the faith that the sustainabilty of this good season will be long term.That is why attendance is not where it should be because they have seen inept swinging for the fences drafting from various Wolves management and scouting groups.Fans that are long term research and watch games and video of prospective draft eligible players year after year.We may not be scouts but we know good hockey and we have not seen that regularly.

Reactions: Wolfpak

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Most potential fans do not have the faith that the sustainabilty of this good season will be long term.That is why attendance is not where it should be because they have seen inept swinging for the fences drafting from various Wolves management and scouting groups.Fans that are long term research and watch games and video of prospective draft eligible players year after year.We may not be scouts but we know good hockey and we have not seen that regularly.

Many variables with regarding attendance, majority of OHL attendance is down. Lets reflect on the picks later, I think the team is going in right direction, building it the right way. From the reports I've seen and talked to we drafted well, this draft. We have a bright future we have majority of our D back, good core of our forwards back, we have a good crop of OA to choose from within, we will have the import draft, and U-18 draft to look forward too.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017

I think this is completely wrong - the people who are diehard fans to the point where they are thinking years ahead and and analyzing drafts are a minuscule minority of those who attend games. Attendance is down because we struggle to get the casuals to come, which is because the franchise has been (rightfully) perceived as a trainwreck for so long (ie Burgess fiasco, perpetual mediocrity), because the fan experience at our building is atrocious (having to park 10 minutes away when its even remotely busy, crappy concessions, terrible washroom situation, people getting up from their seats mid play, cramped/uncomfortable seating outside of sections 12-16, etc), as well as for what cub said above- attendance is down league-wide.

And okay lets pretend what you're saying is true, why assume the worst when Papineau + Stillman have shown they have what it takes to make the team competitive in their two full seasons so far? The moves and development last year were brilliant to make this team solid this year. There's no reason to just assume the apocalypse is coming with nothing to back that up.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014

Agreed. So, consensus picks John McFarland & Owen Lalonde... how did they work out? Then later round picks Benoit Pouliot, or how about NB's Brazeau. The reality is it is a crapshoot.. sooo many factors to consider. I think finding kids (as they are kids) that have a work ethic is a great way to go. Are they skilled? Yes... they are on top level AAA teams. So what's next... player development. As a manager when I am hiring I look for attitude first... the candidate wouldn't have zero skills to get to the interview, but to land the job, I look for attitude believing we can teach the skills. I have a pretty strong feeling that this could be Pap's approach - and to date - I have no complaints! Go Wolves Go!!!!!!

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
So I buy the game and now it says it's "Not Available"

Anyone else having this issue?

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Same with me, this site never amazes me how incompetent they are. Hit the chat button, and let them know.

Made sure to do that. Now I can click "Watch Live" where I have the pleasure of staring into the abyss of a window that is in an eternal state of buffering.

This is bush league, they need to just sell off their broadcasting rights entirely to Sportsnet or TSN

Reactions: cub

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Made sure to do that. Now I can click "Watch Live" where I have the pleasure of staring into the abyss of a window that is in an eternal state of buffering.

This is bush league, they need to just sell off their broadcasting rights entirely to Sportsnet or TSN

I'm unable to get anything, let me know if you get to view game.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Bingo

Reactions: Lycanthrope

cub

Apr 11, 2012
questionable penalty on Carson, unfortunate deflection for the goal. Still good first period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad