Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Win both this weekend and We’re 2 pts behind The IceDogs . We could win this division for sure . That also includes the dogs winning there other game which I believe is against the soo so they could drop that . Come on boys

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Win both this weekend and We’re 2 pts behind The IceDogs . We could win this division for sure . That also includes the dogs winning there other game which I believe is against the soo so they could drop that . Come on boys
Ya man. AOOOO! Hope they’re pumped about the way things are shaping up. Missy beat Niagara tonight which was unexpected and they play in the Soo on Saturday night before playing us Sunday, so they could well be tired. Nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change as the Wolves have always dealt with situations like that because of our geography. Also we’re tied with the Gens but with two games in hand. We can’t take the birds lightly tomorrow or we’ll mess the weekend up, even if we manage to beat Niagara.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Keep riding this goalie too hard and the wolves may find him out....
Shouldn’t we trust that Stillman knows what he’s doing? You’ve got a backup that hasn’t played a game yet...what would you do and what makes you think Ukko isn’t in great shape and handling this like nothing. Check to see how often the other teams fighting for positioning are playing their backups. Also as I said, I think it be better to start Lemaire on the road, less pressure.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I think you need to start him and just keep a very close eye. I feel like Ukko has been less sharp lately, that's not to say he hasn't been stellar, compared to pre-World Junior games. It might be good for him to know he has backup support if needed.
He has no real backup man. As I’ve said it’s Ukko or bust. Also I’ve never seen him play but from I’ve heard he’s got potential but is awfully raw. Perhaps later down the stretch, say in Barrie they could give him a start but I doubt now. It also sends a message to the birds that they’re no big deal. Does anyone know why Weeks was called up, played a bit and then Lemaire who hasn’t played at all becomes the backup? Seems strange.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I think you need to start him and just keep a very close eye. I feel like Ukko has been less sharp lately, that's not to say he hasn't been stellar, compared to pre-World Junior games. It might be good for him to know he has backup support if needed.
Ukko was lights out in Missy but I somewhat agree though you can’t expect a goalie to be lights out every night can you?

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
He has no real backup man. As I’ve said it’s Ukko or bust. Also I’ve never seen him play but from I’ve heard he’s got potential but is awfully raw. Perhaps later down the stretch, say in Barrie they could give him a start but I doubt now. It also sends a message to the birds that they’re no big deal. Does anyone know why Weeks was called up, played a bit and then Lemaire who hasn’t played at all becomes the backup? Seems strange.
Pretty sure it was so weeks could play a large portion or games , he wouldn't get any here as I'm assuming they're hoping Weeks can be here full time next season

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Pretty sure it was so weeks could play a large portion or games , he wouldn't get any here as I'm assuming they're hoping Weeks can be here full time next season
Makes sense but you realize by that logic they’re grooming Weeks for next season thus that would at least indirectly suggest they’ve no real intention of playing Lemaire this season and likely will do the same with him next, don’t you think?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Nice article on Ruzicka on Sarnia Observer website. That’s the local newspaper

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Makes sense but you realize by that logic they’re grooming Weeks for next season thus that would at least indirectly suggest they’ve no real intention of playing Lemaire this season and likely will do the same with him next, don’t you think?
Weeks isn't UPL tho so Lemaire would atleast get to play some games next season , the kid is only 16 , has lots of time

Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad