Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
hey guys don't knock Flint, we have been there before.
Very true we have been here before , feel for this Cavalin kid . Sit right near him during the second and you could feel the anger and frustration after every goal , with that said I hope we score 7 more this period

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
This is by far the worst I've seen them look since the Christmas break. You'd think with Dellandrea gone for his Grandfathers funeral they'd come out and try to win one for him with a rookie goalie in net. They just look lost tonight. Told you it was a good night to rest UPL.

Reactions: cub

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
I can see Lemaire becoming a great goal tender. Nice first win for the young man.
The only observation was every time the puck hit him it made a very hollow sound....wierd

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
Is it time to start asking who the Sudbury starting goalie is going forward?

UPL: 19 years old, 2.40 GAA, .921 save %, has lost in the OHL before

Lemaire: 16 years old, 2.00 GAA, .926 save %, has never lost in the OHL before

Is it time to start asking who the Gennies will play when they finish 4th?

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Is it time to start asking who the Gennies will play when they finish 4th?

You really couldn't even take a clear joke eh? Yikes

But if you're going to go there, imagine being tied to the horrible Gens? My god that'd be embarrassing

*But on a serious note, there's a better chance whoever finishes 4th has a much better road to the Eastern Conference finals than who finishes 3rd. If the standings stay similar to the way they are now, it could very well be Sbrocca vs Bowen with a lot of big names sitting out that final game in March lol*

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Wonder who wants to all trade Murray anymore lol ...... poor crowd once again. .
Well I have to admit he has picked up his play. Is more involved and it helps that he has two really skilled players who can play make on his line. Hutch and Byfield have great touch and speed and has opened ice for Murray and has allowed him to run shot gun. I hope when Gihula returns that Hutch isn't moved back to the 4th line.

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Well I have to admit he has picked up his play. Is more involved and it helps that he has two really skilled players who can play make on his line. Hutch and Byfield have great touch and speed and has opened ice for Murray and has allowed him to run shot gun. I hope when Gihula returns that Hutch isn't moved back to the 4th line.

WJ

Hes had the quietest 25 goals I've seen in a while. Good for him tho. Will be watching him closely down the stretch.

If Hutch had a little more speed he'd be special. Very nice/soft hands.

Last edited:

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Murray for the first time all year has surpassed his points pace from last year. He has been on fire offensively since they started playing him with Byfield, and his two-way game has been solid since the central scouting NA skaters list came out and he was way down the list.

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Excellent game tonight! I was very eager to see Lemaire play tonight! He has been on my Rader all season! He did not disappoint! And I understand that we were playing flint, however I thought he played well!!

Murray played Phanominal! Kid is going to be an absolute stud in this league, That is all!

Go Wolves Go!!

P.S. does anyone know who holds the tie breakneyween Oshawa and Sudbury? In the event that they end up tied!

Reactions: hockeynorth

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Excellent game tonight! I was very eager to see Lemaire play tonight! He has been on my Rader all season! He did not disappoint! And I understand that we were playing flint, however I thought he played well!!

Murray played Phanominal! Kid is going to be an absolute stud in this league, That is all!

Go Wolves Go!!

P.S. does anyone know who holds the tie breakneyween Oshawa and Sudbury? In the event that they end up tied!

They've played one game so far this season. A 5-2 win for Sudbury. Next game is February 18th.

Reactions: WolvesFan

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Not a great showing for Flint tonight and yes we have been exactly where they are. Players executed their roles well but will need to do so consistently against better teams. I will hold off on commenting on the goal tending until I see him play more (which I am not sure I want to much this season unless absolutely necessary) Sunday is a different game and I hope the boys come out focused and ready to play.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Felt bad for Flint they are a better team than what they showed. We should all feel in debt to Flint for Flint and Flint alone is why Byfield is a wolf.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Felt bad for Flint they are a better team than what they showed. We should all feel in debt to Flint for Flint and Flint alone is why Byfield is a wolf.

This is true lol. Last season Flint played their best hockey the last 10 games of last year, which was a downright terrible time for a bottom 2 team to play good hockey, haha.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Karma to Barclay Branch for playing the Wolves around on the Gordeev deal. Loved every goal and I hope Branch was watching the game on the OHL live pac from home where he does his managing from. lol

WJ

Reactions: WolvesFan and cub

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Not a great showing for Flint tonight and yes we have been exactly where they are. Players executed their roles well but will need to do so consistently against better teams. I will hold off on commenting on the goal tending until I see him play more (which I am not sure I want to much this season unless absolutely necessary) Sunday is a different game and I hope the boys come out focused and ready to play.

Great comments. About Lemaire, it's good that he got his feet wet, (against an appropriate opponent), and the boys got to play with him in there. At least now they know what they're dealing with should he have to play again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad