Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Did you even watch the game its was barely anything you see that type of cross check hundreds of time during games, he just didnt like it turned and crosschecked jordan to tje face

You're right. Jordan was completely innocent. No excuse for this type of retaliation but it takes two bear.

Reactions: hockieguy

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
The boys keep rolling . Robinson could be a big player next year if he finds a scoring touch . His speed is wicked and If he can score , him and Byfield would be amazing

Huge win tonight! Wolves played a pretty solid game although I still felt they were a little loose defensively as the Soo was able to come right up the middle on a few occasions. However a win is a win. Especially doing it without Stratis, Levin and Gilhula.

Nice to see Ukko sit in first in all goalie categories on the leaders board.

Next up Flint and Niagara after they meet the Soo on Saturday night. Be wicked to get all 4 points this weekend.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
nice win by the Wolves, they sustain the Greyhound pressure, great skating team they are, we definitely had our moments not being able to come out of zone due skating and movement by them. UPL played well again, Robinson with 2 goals, should of been a star selection in this game. Good team effort.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
nice win by the Wolves, they sustain the Greyhound pressure, great skating team they are, we definitely had our moments not being able to come out of zone due skating and movement by them. UPL played well again, Robinson with 2 goals, should of been a star selection in this game. Good team effort.
Funny cause the 3 Stars on the OHL site is different than the televised game.

WJ

Reactions: cub

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Cross checks on the numbers are no less effective and dangerous than a stick jab to the back of the knees; and imo, just as deserving of a penalty. It happens too frequently; possibly hundreds of times in hounds games, though that seems a lot even for the hounds.
No many hockey games even at the NHL level if you watch hockey without your rose color

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
You're right. Jordan was completely innocent. No excuse for this type of retaliation but it takes two bear.
Yes not saying it wasn't a penalty more should be called but the officiating in the leagie is so nad and inconsistent

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
No many hockey games even at the NHL level if you watch hockey without your rose color
Sault defender was so injured by the crosscheck, he stayed on the ice for the powerplay after he cleared his tears off the ice.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Sault defender was so injured by the crosscheck, he stayed on the ice for the powerplay after he cleared his tears off the ice.
Im not saying anything aboit injuries which should have anything to do with the penalty or subsequent suspension, its the acted of chexking the guy in the face period

Reactions: hockieguy

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Potentially a BIG opportunity this weekend. We have Flint & Niagara at home. Niagara has Missy, SSM, and us away. Let's say it's most likely we beat Flint (Not guaranteed but probable) and they beat Missy (same as above). If the Sault can beat Niagara, we could have a shot this Sunday to pull within 4 points with a game in hand. Division and the 2 seed are still within reach.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Great win for the pack tonight. Very proud of their determined effort and sticking to the game plan laid out for them.
UPL with some good saves but did not have to be the deciding factor. In fact, even though Villalta might want a couple goals back (especially the first one), I saw him have to make a few more ten bell saves.
Really encouraging signs. Wolves were for the most part physical and sound positionally. They really are a five on five team.
Great to see the potential of Robinson and Thompson.Big weekend, coming up.I hope they’re pumped at moving back up to third with a chance to make up some ground on Niagara, who may well come in tired Sunday. Be nice to get a couple of our key guys back sooner than later.
Last point, the officiating tonight was embarrassingly bad, and just about for both sides equally and in every way possible, even including the refs often being in the way of the players.
6 straight. AAAAOOOOO!

member 236327

The boys keep rolling . Robinson could be a big player next year if he finds a scoring touch . His speed is wicked and If he can score , him and Byfield would be amazing
Why put him with Byfield when he just scored two with Buli and Ruzi?

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I would think Levin. I like Robinson's speed but he is very erratic in his play. Sometimes I cant figure out what he is doing or why he is where he is during some plays. He scored last night and that was definitely a bonus, but Levin is far more skilled and I would like him back on with Ruz & Bul.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Any chance Lemaire starts against Flint? Looking at schedule trying hard to see where he can be slotted in, unless on a road trip. I see we play Barrie back to back that can be potential start for him in one those games. Curious how he will play, I hope UPL rubs off on him.

Reactions: justawolfan

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Any chance Lemaire starts against Flint? Looking at schedule trying hard to see where he can be slotted in, unless on a road trip. I see we play Barrie back to back that can be potential start for him in one those games. Curious how he will play, I hope UPL rubs off on him.
It’s possible but Oshawa just tied us again for third. I know Stillman wants to finish no lower than fourth but I’m not sure how important he thinks it would be to finish higher. I’m not sure it would matter that much in the first round but obviously the higher you finish the better your seeding from round 2 on.
Really good question. I wonder though if he’d rather start him on the road? That’s if he plans to play him at all. Maybe he doesn’t.

Reactions: hockieguy and cub

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I say keep riding UPL. Last time we played Flint without UPL we got smoked. IMO the difference between 3rd and 4th is the difference between a legitimate chance (Niagara), and almost no chance (Ottawa) of getting to the 3rd round. Gotta stay ahead of Oshawa. Finishing 3rd also increases the chance of a playoff series vs North Bay, which I'm sure we all want.

Last edited:

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North

You have to think Lemaire needs some gameplay. As we get closer to the playoffs it's going to be difficult to fit him in but we need to be able to see what we've got come playoff time in case we need to use him at some point. I would think he needs to be started with a short leash. This will also provide some intelligence moving forward and may decide who we have as a backup by season's end.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You have to think Lemaire needs some gameplay. As we get closer to the playoffs it's going to be difficult to fit him in but we need to be able to see what we've got come playoff time in case we need to use him at some point. I would think he needs to be started with a short leash. This will also provide some intelligence moving forward and may decide who we have as a backup by season's end.
Your post makes good sense but it’s a matter of when. I think there is time. Somehow I doubt Lemaire plays but who knows. You won six straight, why change it up? You’re deadlocked. We lost against Flint once already. Finally UPL probably wants every game, and it’s not a even back to back. Biggest thing to me is we’re rolling, keep your foot on the gas and don’t change anything. Again who knows but me doubts it.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I’ll ask one more time. No update on the injuries? Be nice to have a full lineup down the stretch. Would be really nice to have an insider in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad