Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
No. I'm good. I'm looking out for YOU guys. Don't want Ukko exhausted and risking injury. It's best you give him a little break against the last place team in the league. Just to be safe.
Thanks for having our best interest at heart Savard :)

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Weeks isn't UPL tho so Lemaire would atleast get to play some games next season , the kid is only 16 , has lots of time
Yes that’s what I’m saying. Weeks will likely be on the bench next season and Lemaire will have his turn to get a ton of playing time in his league.

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Yes that’s what I’m saying. Weeks will likely be on the bench next season and Lemaire will have his turn to get a ton of playing time in his league.

Hmmmm.. in my view Weeks 'is' the back-up. Let Weeks get a ton of games playing in the OJHL right now. His stats say a GAA of 1.74 and a Save % of .941. Those are damn good numbers. So fast forward to the OJHL playoffs... Mitchell's team has clinched a playoff berth now, but they are not the top team by any stretch. We will see how many rounds they go... and then? Voila... Mitchell Weeks is on the bench as back up for the Wolves play off run --- should there be the need with UPL leading the way. Lemaire does not need to play a single game in my view. He has had a great opportunity to practice and travel with the team, and learn literally from the best junior goalie in the world. Certainly gives him a leg up for landing a spot on the team next year. Make sense?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Pretty sure it was so weeks could play a large portion or games , he wouldn't get any here as I'm assuming they're hoping Weeks can be here full time next season

It may be because of options. Weeks has a commitment to his jr team; whereas; Lemaire was just a little more than a co-starter for a midget team

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hmmmm.. in my view Weeks 'is' the back-up. Let Weeks get a ton of games playing in the OJHL right now. His stats say a GAA of 1.74 and a Save % of .941. Those are damn good numbers. So fast forward to the OJHL playoffs... Mitchell's team has clinched a playoff berth now, but they are not the top team by any stretch. We will see how many rounds they go... and then? Voila... Mitchell Weeks is on the bench as back up for the Wolves play off run --- should there be the need with UPL leading the way. Lemaire does not need to play a single game in my view. He has had a great opportunity to practice and travel with the team, and learn literally from the best junior goalie in the world. Certainly gives him a leg up for landing a spot on the team next year. Make sense?
Yep.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
It may be because of options. Weeks has a commitment to his jr team; whereas; Lemaire was just a little more than a co-starter for a midget team

Well, it's a calculated risk I guess but we're gonna suck if Lemaire gets the call for any reason before Weeks comes back.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Whew. Thank you. Now I'm hoping you get a chance to take a look at both goalies tonight. Just to help you get an idea on who's the best option for backup.

Ummmm...UPL, any news? I hope they're just giving him the night off completely, but you can't help but think injury when he isn't even on the bench.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Coyotes' Kyle Capobianco: Exits with apparent injury

This really too bad. Capobianco had a great game against Preds and was on his way to another fine showing in this game vs. Bluejackets. Hope its not as bad as it looked

He's done for the year according to reports. Had to be Nick Foligno to end his season of all people...why can't ex-Wolves play nicely together, haha. Hope Capo can recover and have a strong year next year.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'm excited to hear how Lemaire does.. can't make the game but think he could be a solid goalie in the future! Good luck to our boys tonight

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
Shouldn’t we trust that Stillman knows what he’s doing? You’ve got a backup that hasn’t played a game yet...what would you do and what makes you think Ukko isn’t in great shape and handling this like nothing. Check to see how often the other teams fighting for positioning are playing their backups. Also as I said, I think it be better to start Lemaire on the road, less pressure.[/QUOT

Looks like the goalie isn’t in the lineup...

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Rebounds could be due to nervousness but he definitely looks sharp otherwise. Seems to spend more time on his feet than Weeks if comparing the two. He's also a big fella
I prefer the goalies that stay up longer, find they're harder to beat as they mature more and learn players as there's less scramble. I may be alone but I'm excited for our future in the crease with Weeks and Lemaire! Sounds like we're doing good keep it rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad