Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Big game against the Soo tommorow, need to take advantage of our game in hand on the gens, I'd love to finish 3rd in the conference. I also have a bet on it with a gens fan from these boards haha!!!

Reactions: three dog night

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Ya I thought not. Supposedly undergoing an MRI for his knee (from an old injury) down south. I wonder why they can’t do that here. Seems a little mysterious to me and some people around me weren’t buying it. It would be nice to have an update on his condition.
I wanted to mention Hutcheson who is improving exponentially and was having the game of his junior career until the fight and subsequent seventeen minutes in penalties. Watch him as the season unfolds.

Did Levin piss in your cornflakes? All you do is talk negatively about him and start false rumors. Get a life.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
Did Levin piss in your cornflakes? All you do is talk negatively about him and start false rumors. Get a life.
I know from experience the wait involved with getting an MRI in Sudbury. 2years ago I actually traveled to Northbay for an MRI and had a Dr. in NB forward the result back to Suds. What ended up taking 2 weeks by me going to NB would have took up to 2 months in Sudbury. My bet is that connections on the team had a way of expediting the tests by simply flying him to TO.

I'm a Levin fan and like his game but can't deny that the PP has performed slightly better without him. Levin likes to carry the puck (often too much)I find they move and cycle the puck better without him...That is not to say he doesn't have a valuable role on the team. He is fun to watch with even just a little bit of space.

Reactions: Wolfpak

Brook trout

Jan 20, 2019
Absolutely agree Coach Stillman should get credit for the teams success.

I also agree Levin keeps the puck to much. Byfield does too. I’ve often told players you can skate faster without the puck so pass it and wait for the return pass, which to me is the best pass in hockey.

This team is working hard and will surprise some people going forward.

Keep coaching.This group of young men are learning.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hold your horses before you jump to conclusions. I’m not starting anything, I think we really need him back. It’s just those around me thought it was a little mysterious since we really didn’t hear much. I just want transparency on the part of the organization. He plays a game gets suspended, then all of a sudden he’s injured? An old injury? Happened during practice? How about telling us and updating us a little that’s all. I didn’t come to conclusions I asked on here and what... crickets. Hope he’s back soon anyway. I enjoy this forum but I’ve certainly got better things to do then start shit about our players and staring rumours. Don’t jump to conclusions and make accusatory assumptions. Doesn’t make for a productive discussion.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I know from experience the wait involved with getting an MRI in Sudbury. 2years ago I actually traveled to Northbay for an MRI and had a Dr. in NB forward the result back to Suds. What ended up taking 2 weeks by me going to NB would have took up to 2 months in Sudbury. My bet is that connections on the team had a way of expediting the tests by simply flying him to TO.

I'm a Levin fan and like his game but can't deny that the PP has performed slightly better without him. Levin likes to carry the puck (often too much)I find they move and cycle the puck better without him...That is not to say he doesn't have a valuable role on the team. He is fun to watch with even just a little bit of space.
Your right, I heard Toronto as well The old buzzard beside me was just convinced it was BS and was in my ear all night. Saying why not here? Blah blah. I also heard his agent was quite concerned so I hope it’s not too serious man.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Did Levin’s tweaked knee occur in the game he was suspended for a crosscheck to the face?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Did Levin’s tweaked knee occur in the game he was suspended for a crosscheck to the face?
So what are you saying dirty? You know something we don’t or are you just suspicious. We just read it’s “apparently” a tweak of the knee injury that happened last season which in all honesty must have been bad because it kept him sidelined for quite some time and really ruined his season. Didn’t notice anything during that game so one has to think it happened in practice but again though, why not just say so? I don’t know but I wish we’d get more updates. Hard to believe Stillman would sit him out for this long at this point in a tight race.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So what are you saying dirty? You know something we don’t or are you just suspicious. We just read it’s “apparently” a tweak of the knee injury that happened last season which in all honesty must have been bad because it kept him sidelined for quite some time and really ruined his season. Didn’t notice anything during that game so one has to think it happened in practice but again though, why not just say so? I don’t know but I wish we’d get more updates. Hard to believe Stillman would sit him out for this long at this point in a tight race.

I missed the cross check, just know that Soo crosschecks to the back (lots) which causes loss of balance if not fall face first into the boards; and, a guy would have had to lose it to crossckeck another to the face.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I missed the cross check, just know that Soo crosschecks to the back (lots) which causes loss of balance if not fall face first into the boards; and, a guy would have had to lose it to crossckeck another to the face.
Oh sorry, I misunderstood man. I see what you’re saying now. I though you were being sarcastic. Would be a bit of a coincidence considering the circumstances but it’s plausibe and something I hadn’t thought of.

Reactions: dirty12

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Did you even watch the game its was barely anything you see that type of cross check hundreds of time during games, he just didnt like it turned and crosschecked jordan to tje face

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Did you even watch the game its was barely anything you see that type of cross check hundreds of time during games, he just didnt like it turned and crosschecked jordan to tje face

Cross checks on the numbers are no less effective and dangerous than a stick jab to the back of the knees; and imo, just as deserving of a penalty. It happens too frequently; possibly hundreds of times in hounds games, though that seems a lot even for the hounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->