Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Oh wow, back to back with travel from St Catherines. Are the Wolves the first team to have to suffer through that this season?
C’mon Tucks, they had a short bench man. Why can’t we give credit where it’s due. Watching these games the amount of energy these kids expend is crazy. Also, it’s tougher on a road I, let’s just admit it. Also Three Dog buddy, what are you doing liking this comment man :)

Nerf27

Oct 15, 2012
Another example of a Wolves fan not being able to communicate without getting butt hurt and feeling the need to lash out. Too bad. These forums are good when people understand they're actually meant for fans to talk..... :help:

Most Wolves fans get it at least
I don’t see him exiting every time he comes over to the Oshawa board to start things up. If you want to discuss than you have to let the other person talk. If you don’t then don’t come to the board. You can be a good sport about winning and losing. I am happy that Sudbury is part of the discussion again as it is good to see after so much crap with ownership over the past years. But there are few that need to know how to be a sportsman on the winning side.
Good game couple of defensive mistakes for the Gens allowed that to be a tie and full credit to he Wolves for taking advantage. Byfield is a treat to watch. I did not realize how big he is. You have a good one there. Like how your team competes. Hate the Pilon’s but you like guys like that on your own team. Looking forward to the next game

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
To be fair, I really wasn't trying to boast at all. I'm not a fan of the shootout so I certainly didn't put much stock in it as there are no shootouts in the playoffs, although I do think the Gens outplayed them in the 1st/3rd with the 2nd/OT where Sudbury was better. OSH/SBY are both 2 very good teams. I just thought it was ironic that 2 certain posters (not you) were looking for every excuse imaginable (including 4-in-6 although the Gens did that too) meanwhile the constantly rip on other people for making excuses when their team loses.

Just consistency is all we ask... If you're going to sh^t on people when they make excuses when their team loses, fine but you can't do that when yours loses. And if you're going to constantly be on other teams threads engaging in convos, perfect (that's literally what this is for) but you can't try to kick people off your thread when you lose a game and suddenly now you're only allowed on your own teams thread...

Again, not you W&W
Did you check and see you were wrong about me being one of the posters who shit on a fan for making excuses huh?
I’d like an apology.
Seriously though, we’re just proud of the team and should be given the circumstances. Why couldn’t you let that go? It makes you as petty as you accuse others of being. I agree,though, two good teams would be a lot of fun in a series. However It’s really impressive for me to see guys like Phillips, the Pilons, sixteen year old Byfield, and on and on going up against NHL drafted players like Saigeon and Salinitri, don’t you think? The bulk of the Sudbury roster are basically a team of unknowns compared to any other team with a similar record.
Finally to show I can give credit, I was impressed with Newman, great get especially if you get him back, which you should I guess. Also Salinitri stood out and I like McLean, not sure of the spelling. Finally Keyser reminds of Hashek at times but he definitely gets the job done.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Just a thought- to be quite honest,what ever the wolves give us from here on out I'll be okay with. Win or lose.

This team was not even suppose to be where there at. They have given us a reason to believe/have hope for the future. Well done from management down to the players.

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
C’mon Tucks, they had a short bench man. Why can’t we give credit where it’s due. Watching these games the amount of energy these kids expend is crazy. Also, it’s tougher on a road I, let’s just admit it. Also Three Dog buddy, what are you doing liking this comment man :)

I honestly didn’t think the Wolves played that bad. Sure the Gens put a lot on UPL, but the Wolves had some pretty juicy chances to bury some on Keyser. Just found it funny that the back to back excuse was being thrown around when the game could have easily gone to Sudbury in the shootout. Agree to disagree.

Overall It was a great game between 2 organizations that don’t cheat. Can’t ask for more than that.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I honestly didn’t think the Wolves played that bad. Sure the Gens put a lot on UPL, but the Wolves had some pretty juicy chances to bury some on Keyser. Just found it funny that the back to back excuse was being thrown around when the game could have easily gone to Sudbury in the shootout. Agree to disagree.

Overall It was a great game between 2 organizations that don’t cheat. Can’t ask for more than that.
I don’t think the Wolves played bad whatsoever. Excellent really, minus the lousy start. Also for the last time, you can mention it was a great weekend for the Wolves considering the circumstances without intending to make excuses. I know I wasn’t trying to make excuses.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
If you guys win the first round then lose in round 2 would you still consider this season a success?

Or because this is UPL's last year would you say you'd have to at least get to the Eastern Conference final for it to be a successful year?

Interested to see your take on that

three dog night

May 3, 2014
If you guys win the first round then lose in round 2 would you still consider this season a success?

Or because this is UPL's last year would you say you'd have to at least get to the Eastern Conference final for it to be a successful year?

At least east final

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint fan and American here, wondering why all the early games in OHL cities today? Thank you.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Thanks to UPL being the league’s top goalie, it has been a successful season, end of story.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Ideally win at least a round. I'm more interested in how other guys perform then UPL in the playoffs

cub

Apr 11, 2012
What? Sudbury loses in round 1 and you say that's a successful season? There's no way

We were in last place last year, the team is successful this season , already at this time surpassed any expectations. For me, if they made playoffs in beginning of season it would of been an accomplishment.

Yes, UPL is factor in the team being this good this season, but thank Papineau and organization in adressing this weakness.

Also, coaching staff going with a majority of rookie roster last year, you can see how this has payed off, especially after the trade deadline, you can see these young players playing like veterans, sure there are still some mistakes they make but it will payoff. Coaching staff are developing these players, majority have a regular shift, and play in every situation from PK to PP, not afraid to put them in.

We have a great coaching staff, that players respect and buy into, you can tell how they play, they play hard every shift and outwork most teams. Alot of teams have high end talent and Wolves have shown they can play with any team in the league this season if they play their game.

Papineau made some nice moves at trade deadline, especially with Ruzika, who has changed whole dynamics to the team and especially helped Bulitka game, they have good chemistry together.

Whatever happens in playoffs is bonus, if we get by first round be amazing but anything can happen in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad