Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Another impressive win on the road in a statement game.
Lunchpale vs Country Club.
UPL was a total stud again. Good job on the hustle and compete level, and remember, always shoot in the General direction of Stephen Dhillons glove hand.
Not too many Pack fans in attendance. I think #55’s family were in attendance.
Enjoy the 4 points.
Next up, another talented team In the ‘schwa.
I can now see why they traded Brassard. Hunt got the best out of Burke.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Wow. Beat Niagara in their own packed barn with only 16 skaters. 4 regulars out of the lineup. Can’t wait for playoffs.

Reactions: cub

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
Wow. Beat Niagara in their own packed barn with only 16 skaters. 4 regulars out of the lineup. Can’t wait for playoffs.

Fun game to be there. Locals really didn’t have as much enthusiasm for UKA .
Thought they played well and did look a little winded at the end but all in all a great team game

Was quite the thing to see jones not drop his gloves. Looks like he took a few shots for that lack of enthusiasm as game progressed. Miss the other twin

Reactions: cub

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Another big one in an hour or so. Getting 4 points from a Niagara/Oshawa trip would be fantastic

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The fact that the Wolves are right there with teams like Niagara and Oshawa is amazing considering the amount of NHL drafted players these teams have on their roster.
Let’s hope for a good hard fought game and let’s hope we don’t run out of gas with a short bench.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Not a pretty first period, hopefully we can get our legs in the second period.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Good second period. Keyser came up big with some nice saves.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Ya much better. I worry they may run out of gas a bit in the third. Next time they come up north, we’ll be good and rested. Too bad the Petes can’t do shit to help us.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
couldn't pull through in the shootout, but I'll take the 3 points from that road trip all day.

Reactions: HockeyHell and cub

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
OT/shoot out- win or lose this team showed me something today. I'm a big "bully" fan.

Good weekend boys!
I’ll take a matchup against the Gens ANYDAY!. Wolves playing their fourth game in six days with a short bench. Definitely could have and maybe should have won. Other than the first the Gens didn’t show much and don’t scare me at all. Our PK mostly owned their PP. Wait till Levin and Stratis are back. Levin would have been nice in the shootout.
Extremely proud and of this excellent, hard working team. Way to guys and coaches!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I’ll take a matchup against the Gens ANYDAY!. Wolves playing their fourth game in six days with a short bench. Definitely could have and maybe should have won. Other than the first the Gens didn’t show much and don’t scare me at all. Our PK mostly owned their PP. Wait till Levin and Stratis are back. Levin would have been nice in the shootout.
Extremely proud and of this excellent, hard working team. Way to guys and coaches!

As a poster who routinely sh^ts on that Niagara fan for excuses, going with the “these teenagers have played games recently” excuse is funny to see (especially since the Gens have had the exact same schedule. That was also their 4th game in the last 6 days)

Regardless, really good game. Praying for the Gens to get Sudbury in round 2, think that would be the best series matchup wise. I’ve been saying this all year but I think people are just finally starting to believe me that Keyser and UPL are the 2 best goalies in the OHL. They were both really good again today

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
Oshawa tv guy said gens made a "statement"with a shootout winner. Huh? How?

Wolves just played a back to back with travel. 3 out of four points on the ROAD:huh:

Fantastic weekend boys. Safe ride back. We're all proud.

Reactions: Lycanthrope and cub

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Refs missed a lot of calls. Don’t want to be sour but man that was not even calling IMO. Wolves had to endure a few boarding, trips and cross necks.

But all in all the Wolves played hard and was happy with the effort after the first. We need to get Stratis and Levin back soon. We need the experience and depth.

WJ

three dog night

May 3, 2014
St. Catharines to Oshawa about one hour forty four minutes did Sudbury go after Sunday game to Oshawa. The Icedogs went up to Peterborough after last night loss to beat the weather.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
Geez. The trolling after a shootout win.

I haven't seen this much stock placed into a shootout victory since USA hockey fans in 2017 used that shootout victory as an excuse to proclaim the US as having passed Canada as the world's supreme hockey superpower.

Let's all pump the brakes a bit here. Oshawa is hot, so are Sudbury. There is Ottawa, 3 teams that will battle it out for the right to get rekt by them in the conference final, and the rest.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
As a poster who routinely sh^ts on that Niagara fan for excuses, going with the “these teenagers have played games recently” excuse is funny to see (especially since the Gens have had the exact same schedule. That was also their 4th game in the last 6 days)

Regardless, really good game. Praying for the Gens to get Sudbury in round 2, think that would be the best series matchup wise. I’ve been saying this all year but I think people are just finally starting to believe me that Keyser and UPL are the 2 best goalies in the OHL. They were both really good again today
You got me confused old man. At least get your facts straight and check my past messages before frothing off. I have never shit as you eloquently put it on that Niagara fan, though I’ve read many other posts from posters who have been mean to him really. I’m actually cordial with that guy and have defended him. You’re slipping pal. Oh and you’re easier to bait than a rock bass :) I knew you’d be all over my post.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Got you all fired up, EH?!

Go rest your head brother , have a beer on me:tmi::P
I know it’s howlingly funny. He’s so shook at the prospect of playing the Wolves his mind is slipping, accusing me of shitting on my buddy Three Dog.
Bring on the Gens, bring on the Gens la la la. Think I’ll make a guitar riff and melody to go with it :)

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Geez. The trolling after a shootout win.

I haven't seen this much stock placed into a shootout victory since USA hockey fans in 2017 used that shootout victory as an excuse to proclaim the US as having passed Canada as the world's supreme hockey superpower.

Let's all pump the brakes a bit here. Oshawa is hot, so are Sudbury. There is Ottawa, 3 teams that will battle it out for the right to get rekt by them in the conference final, and the rest.

To be fair, I really wasn't trying to boast at all. I'm not a fan of the shootout so I certainly didn't put much stock in it as there are no shootouts in the playoffs, although I do think the Gens outplayed them in the 1st/3rd with the 2nd/OT where Sudbury was better. OSH/SBY are both 2 very good teams. I just thought it was ironic that 2 certain posters (not you) were looking for every excuse imaginable (including 4-in-6 although the Gens did that too) meanwhile the constantly rip on other people for making excuses when their team loses.

Just consistency is all we ask... If you're going to sh^t on people when they make excuses when their team loses, fine but you can't do that when yours loses. And if you're going to constantly be on other teams threads engaging in convos, perfect (that's literally what this is for) but you can't try to kick people off your thread when you lose a game and suddenly now you're only allowed on your own teams thread...

Again, not you W&W

Reactions: Wolfpak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad