Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Still some jockeying for position possible within the lower seeds down the stretch. Ideally we’d play North Bay but they’d likely have to finish sixth (I don’t think the Stellheads will be caught for fifth). We could also play Hamilton who we should know more about in the coming weeks since we play them twice including this Sunday afternoon.
Watching the Petes last night don’t write them off as an easy opponent either as they’ve got much more talent than they’ve shown consistently over the season. We know Missy is playing well and punching above their weight on the backs of a few key players and that might not last.
Ultimately guys were going to have to beat whoever we play in round 1 so outside of North Bay (no disrespect but we’ve handled them well this year) I’m not sure it matters that much but I would agree at this point anyway it seems like Missy could be a tough out and they’ve played us tough down there.
I’d like to see us finish at least third in the conference as I like the matchup against the Ice Dogs better than the 67’s in round two but ultimately the chips will fall where they may so let’s just try to get into the playoffs playing well and as healthy as possible.
Im wondering if maybe Lemaire should get the start in Barrie tomorrow. I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if he did but again it could depend on how badly Stillman prefers third to fourth.

Reactions: BayOWolf

BayOWolf

Jan 9, 2018
Still some jockeying for position possible within the lower seeds down the stretch. Ideally we’d play North Bay but they’d likely have to finish sixth (I don’t think the Stellheads will be caught for fifth). We could also play Hamilton who we should know more about in the coming weeks since we play them twice including this Sunday afternoon.
Watching the Petes last night don’t write them off as an easy opponent either as they’ve got much more talent than they’ve shown consistently over the season. We know Missy is playing well and punching above their weight on the backs of a few key players and that might not last.
Ultimately guys were going to have to beat whoever we play in round 1 so outside of North Bay (no disrespect but we’ve handled them well this year) I’m not sure it matters that much but I would agree at this point anyway it seems like Missy could be a tough out and they’ve played us tough down there.
I’d like to see us finish at least third in the conference as I like the matchup against the Ice Dogs better than the 67’s in round two but ultimately the chips will fall where they may so let’s just try to get into the playoffs playing well and as healthy as possible.
Im wondering if maybe Lemaire should get the start in Barrie tomorrow. I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if he did but again it could depend on how badly Stillman prefers third to fourth.

Someone mentioned it earlier, but UPL-Lemaire-UPL in that order this weekend would make sense.
I don't think the team can afford to sit back and "rest" players, there's still work to do, but they can certainly manage time and games well down the stretch.

With 12 games left, UPL plays 9?
Lemaire gets Barrie Feb. 23, Hamilton Mar. 15 and maybe even Oshawa Mar. 17 (especially if the standings are locked)

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005

At the end of the day, if they want to make it deep in the playoffs they're going to have to play all the tough matchups. I'll take whatever matchup they get, and would much prefer if they can just get back to a fully healthy lineup.

Reactions: howlman

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
At the end of the day, if they want to make it deep in the playoffs they're going to have to play all the tough matchups. I'll take whatever matchup they get, and would much prefer if they can just get back to a fully healthy lineup.
Yep essentially that’s it.

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
I absolutely adore having my season ticket moved for this game, then proceeding to have to sit near a bunch of children , fathers coaching their sons , constant movement where my usual row has virtually none . This sucks

Reactions: WolvesFan

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I absolutely adore having my season ticket moved for this game, then proceeding to have to sit near a bunch of children , fathers coaching their sons , constant movement where my usual row has virtually none . This sucks

Why'd you get moved?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Unpopular opinion but that's our worst loss of the year in terms of context IMO. Zero intensity, absolutely unacceptable to be shut out by Barrie. That all but officially locks us into the 4 seed especially if Oshawa holds on tonight. Yeah I know there are still 10 or so games left but our schedule is much more difficult than Niagara and Oshawa's and they are both hotter right now.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Unpopular opinion but that's our worst loss of the year in terms of context IMO. Zero intensity, absolutely unacceptable to be shut out by Barrie. That all but officially locks us into the 4 seed especially if Oshawa holds on tonight. Yeah I know there are still 10 or so games left but our schedule is much more difficult than Niagara and Oshawa's and they are both hotter right now.
Enough said. You worry about this against lower teams. It's called looking at the standings itis Happens. Tough game to watch man. Highlight was the Pilon fight. I wish Stillman and company would have been more active behind the bench but what do I know. It would be real nice to win in front of a big crowd man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
That wasn't pretty.
Was nice to see Pilon beat Bignalls ass after a cheap shot head check that somehow became boarding. Bignall should have received 2 minutes for receiving .
Barrie's goaltender kept them in the game...both teams played like crap

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
One embarrassing moment prior to the game...not sure how Barrie set it up but while announcing the scratches for the game it was announced that Chiodo was a scratch for barrie…

Reactions: Bird dog

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I bought mid season and seat was already purchased or something for this game . This section is horrendous
I bet it was section 6, can you imagine playoffs with no ushers? Lost all respect for Dario allowing this nonsense with ignorant people with no respect for others leaving their seats, not tending to their kids etc, etc, I approached him and his reply was it would cost to much. People call Miranda and complain.

Reactions: WolvesFanSudbury

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I hope you guys come out of the East there is no team more deserving imo Go Wolves Go **unless they play London in the finals lol**

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
I bet it was section 6, can you imagine playoffs with no ushers? Lost all respect for Dario allowing this nonsense with ignorant people with no respect for others leaving their seats, not tending to their kids etc, etc, I approached him and his reply was it would cost to much. People call Miranda and complain.

Well thanks for the info i'm done going to wolves games just got back into it but its a fu@#$$$ joke how many people make you move during play and now you tell me the owner dont give a fu^# about it.

WE ARE WOLVES

Sep 10, 2018
One embarrassing moment prior to the game...not sure how Barrie set it up but while announcing the scratches for the game it was announced that Chiodo was a scratch for barrie…
I noticed Chiodo’s name was still on the roster list of the media package as well.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Well thanks for the info i'm done going to wolves games just got back into it but its a fu@#$$$ joke how many people make you move during play and now you tell me the owner dont give a fu^# about it.
Call the arena, we more than deserve action on this matter. This is our thanks for supporting this club, pay for your ticket and you are on your own.Noticed they were broadcasting the game on the big screen during last nights game. Maybe this is his response, watch the game while you are up and down, up and down. How can an owner allow this ignorance to continue in spite of the numerous complaints? Listen to the fans while you are walking up and down the isles selling your image.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
We don't have a lot of people moving around during play in club section but ive seen an awful lot across the ice and in the corners. One issue I have is with the play off tickets. In club section there is no senior discount as compared to the rest of the arena. 27 dollars per seat. Money isn't the issue but people who buy the cheaper tickets then migrate to the club area is. 3 times this year we've gone to the concessions or washroom between periods and come back to people sitting in our seats. These certainly aren't people who purchased club seats.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Some ushers who work the corners of the arena do not do their jobs by preventing and educating people to stop walking during the play. Wait for a whistle if you need to leave your seat.

Also 50/50 people are walking along and getting in the way a lot during the play. I get they volunteer but do they need to stand at the railing and giving one ounce about those trying to watch the play especially when it’s in the same end where they are.

I believe they should announce it frequently whether it’s the game announcer or the girl running around with camera dude. Educate these people who are ignorant and disrespectful.

It’s the worst I’ve ever seen and definitely takes away from the game experience.

WJ

Reactions: cub and hockeynorth

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Some ushers who work the corners of the arena do not do their jobs by preventing and educating people to stop walking during the play. Wait for a whistle if you need to leave your seat.

Also 50/50 people are walking along and getting in the way a lot during the play. I get they volunteer but do they need to stand at the railing and not giving one ounce of care for those trying to watch the play especially when it’s in the same end where they are.

I believe they should announce it frequently whether it’s the game announcer or the girl running around with camera dude. Educate these people who are ignorant and disrespectful.

It’s the worst I’ve ever seen and definitely takes away from the game experience.

WJ

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North

Also 50/50 people are walking along and getting in the way a lot during the play. I get they volunteer but do they need to stand at the railing and giving one ounce about those trying to watch the play especially when it’s in the same end where they are.

WJ

Another reason some don't want to attend games I suppose. After the Burgess fiasco, we have a team that deserves more but we all know the issues.

Do we think Dario is dragging his feet about making meaningful change because of the arena debate that is ongoing? Is he trying to make a point?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Another reason some don't want to attend games I suppose. After the Burgess fiasco, we have a team that deserves more but we all know the issues.

Do we think Dario is dragging his feet about making meaningful change because of the arena debate that is ongoing? Is he trying to make a point?
I suggested he might be a few weeks ago. You have to wonder but honestly if I wasn’t such a rabid fan man even I’m not sure I’d always go and put up with the people moving around during play. It’s never been worse and unfortunately it seems to be up to us to hold the people accountable and let them know what should be so obvious. If we all make a point of letting them know maybe they’ll get the idea. No way it should be up to us though and this is one issue that really gets my blood boiling.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I suggested he might be a few weeks ago. You have to wonder but honestly if I wasn’t such a rabid fan man even I’m not sure I’d always go and put up with the people moving around during play. It’s never been worse and unfortunately it seems to be up to us to hold the people accountable and let them know what should be so obvious. If we all make a point of letting them know maybe they’ll get the idea. No way it should be up to us though and this is one issue that really gets my blood boiling.
Everyone just has to call Miranda at the Wolves office and complain that we need not ushers who are inexperienced but security especially for playoffs. They hire them for events why not for hockey. Sections 6 and 5 are flooded with these idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad