Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayOWolf

Jan 9, 2018
I'm a little late to the party here (Didn't keep up with the new Thread), but just a few thoughts on the past little while...

Great job by Stillman to scratch UPL vs. Flint. Keep him in street clothes, give the young kid a chance and it worked out perfectly. And the team is in the middle of a busy stretch, so a little rest never hurt.
Really good, solid team win Sunday vs. Niagara.

When the Wolves were a force, they were almost unbeatable at home. This year they're 22-5-0 - that's 3rd best in the OHL (Ottawa/London are 1-2).
If you can play .500 on the road and dominate at home, which is exactly what they're doing, that's a great recipe for success.

I really like the balance of this team, too.
They have all 4 lines, 6-7 D going and good goaltending. It's great to see everyone chipping in one way or another.

They have 2 players with 20-plus goals, 2 at 18, 8 with at least 10 and Drake Pilon at 9.
And their defence has supplied 28 goals which isn't too shabby at all!

All together, it's been a really fun to year to watch/follow and it's not done yet...still some exciting times ahead.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Boy did Dipietro ever get lit up by the Sharks for the Canucks in his debut last night. Him being an emergency call-up because of Vancouver's dire injury situation really makes you put things in perspective, could've happened to anyone. Glad Buffalo isn't in that predicament...

Reactions: WolvesFan

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Boy did Dipietro ever get lit up by the Sharks for the Canucks in his debut last night. Him being an emergency call-up because of Vancouver's dire injury situation really makes you put things in perspective, could've happened to anyone. Glad Buffalo isn't in that predicament...
No kidding eh!? I saw that game, it wasn’t pretty and I feel for him, he’s had a rough season for the most part with team canada and had a bit of a slump with Ottawa right now.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I'm a little late to the party here (Didn't keep up with the new Thread), but just a few thoughts on the past little while...

Great job by Stillman to scratch UPL vs. Flint. Keep him in street clothes, give the young kid a chance and it worked out perfectly. And the team is in the middle of a busy stretch, so a little rest never hurt.
Really good, solid team win Sunday vs. Niagara.

When the Wolves were a force, they were almost unbeatable at home. This year they're 22-5-0 - that's 3rd best in the OHL (Ottawa/London are 1-2).
If you can play .500 on the road and dominate at home, which is exactly what they're doing, that's a great recipe for success.

I really like the balance of this team, too.
They have all 4 lines, 6-7 D going and good goaltending. It's great to see everyone chipping in one way or another.

They have 2 players with 20-plus goals, 2 at 18, 8 with at least 10 and Drake Pilon at 9.
And their defence has supplied 28 goals which isn't too shabby at all!

All together, it's been a really fun to year to watch/follow and it's not done yet...still some exciting times ahead.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Great to see your back safe and sound, anything to share what you saw state side that would fit next season? You were right on about Thompson and a little bird y told me you have a sleeper out of Michigan. Care to share?:huh:

Reactions: BayOWolf

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Great to see your back safe and sound, anything to share what you saw state side that would fit next season? You were right on about Thompson and a little bird y told me you have a sleeper out of Michigan. Care to share?:huh:
?

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
UPL is best goalie in the league - best in a number of years in fact.
Over/under for his game tonight is 1.5 where do you put money?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
UPL is best goalie in the league - best in a number of years in fact.
Over/under for his game tonight is 1.5 where do you put money?

Its hard not to go under. He's allowed 3, 1, 0, 0 vs NB this year

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
hockieguy: "Don't be too excited to see Lemaire. He isn't a very good goalie at this point. I've seen him play several times in Ottawa. He is no way near ready for the OHL."

It was quite exciting to see him play and win. Think positive hockieguy, we like your positivity on these boards ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WaW

Whoppy

Jan 11, 2018
Sudbury
btw...Any update on the status of Levin as to a return date? It wasn't an old injury it was the other leg. I spoke to him at the last game. As far as tonight, Go Wolves Go!!

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
btw...Any update on the status of Levin as to a return date? It wasn't an old injury it was the other leg. I spoke to him at the last game. As far as tonight, Go Wolves Go!!

He didn't mention a return date?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Last I heard it was assumed to be several weeks at the minimum. You should have asked him. I wonder what the results of the MRI were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad