Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Yikes - your post could have been written after Niagara's visit to the Sault yesterday!
Glad to see the back of them! Congrats on the victory and your winning streak. We are confident, however, the streak will end Friday!

Maksimov was the most impressive one, it takes a lot of effort to rack up 10 minutes in penalties and still get away with stuff constantly.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Yikes - your post could have been written after Niagara's visit to the Sault yesterday!
Glad to see the back of them! Congrats on the victory and your winning streak. We are confident, however, the streak will end Friday!

Sorry, perhaps the message hasn't made its way west down 17 yet, but the Wolves are never losing again, lol.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Fairly certain the last team the Ice Dogs would prefer to meet in the second round of the playoffs is the Pack.
One team is going one way and the other the other.
Ice Dogs super sucky dropping the last 4. They have 3in3 next weekend starting with a roady in Erie. They struggle playing Erie, then host the Pack on Sunday. If all goes well the Conference could be yours by next weekend.

Love It!

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Great game again. The shut down line Carson and pilon doing a amazing job .....Pilons played some very smart hockey. . Uka just a beast in net. .. going game in Niagara next week pretty much sold out. Only single tickets . Left it to late
CHeck with me as we get closer to the date.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Thanks I did grab the singles fairly close together. Looks like there is only 50 tickets or so left on line so didn’t take any chances. Gonna be a fun game :) Wolves have a heck of a week coming up.
Okay, I have 6 in a row, just need to figure it out.
Stand by, see what happens.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I hear lots of hammering here in DT St. Catharines. It would appear the Ice Dogs faithful are building the gallows.

Could be plenty of seats empty to sit side by side come Sunday ;)

Reactions: Horseman

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Refereeing was awful as usual. These clowns Neely and Goldenberg made Hamilton from Fridays game look good....well that's not true Hamilton is really awful.
Have to agree with posts above how dirty Niagara is. Lots of clutch and grabbing...Multiple dives by Jones. No way for a captain of a team to behave.
Maksimov needs to focus on playing hockey instead of the dirty stick work.
Nice win by the wolves..

Reactions: Lycanthrope and cub

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Fairly certain the last team the Ice Dogs would prefer to meet in the second round of the playoffs is the Pack.
One team is going one way and the other the other.
Ice Dogs super sucky dropping the last 4. They have 3in3 next weekend starting with a roady in Erie. They struggle playing Erie, then host the Pack on Sunday. If all goes well the Conference could be yours by next weekend.

Love It!
Did you move on to Sudbury now since your Knights are on a similar skid.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I don't want to get into the tired debate of downtown vs KED because I frankly don't care and can't be convinced that I should care.

I have no sympathy for the business/landlords downtown mostly because they have done absolutely nothing when it comes to renovating/modernizing themselves, nor would they just because of a new arena. SSM's beautiful newer building is in the middle of a cluster of eyesores downtown that were not magically convinced to beautify because of a new building. The "respect" between the people and the business owners needs to go both ways, and unfortunately it continues to get lost that the respect from the businesses to the people isn't there either (again not implying it's going the other way either).

Also woulda been fine with a building downtown...if thats what was decided 18 months ago.
Excellent post. Great game today though man. Old time atmosphere, I got more pumped than I’ve been in a long time. Anyone who thought the Wolves weren’t for real should watch this game. In fact, if it wasn’t for Dhillon it would have been over a lot sooner.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hell of a game. I cannot stand Niagara as a team, one of the dirtiest and the last time I saw that much diving I was watching the summer Olympics. Maksimov has less spine then a Jellyfish. He'd be a hell of a player if he did not spend half the game rolling around on the ice. He got called with 2 dives, but he could have easily gotten 2-3 more, along with a couple spears and a slew-foot. Jones is another one who may want to pursue a career in the summer Olympics. These guys are an embarrassment to the Canadian Hockey League. Though not limited to summer Olympians, Akil Thomas can take his shot at lumberjack competitions with that suspension worthy two handed slash after the final buzzer.

I think at this point there's no team I'd rather face in the playoffs then this group of multi-sport athletes.
Whoa...nice!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Saw him walking around on the lower concourse, so I’m not sure what’s wrong with him at the moment.
I’ve heard he’s tweaked a knee injury. Had an MRI, not sure of the results. Frankly, from the sound of things I hope he’s back within a month.

Reactions: WolvesFan

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
So proud of this team. Been a treat to be at the barn to watch them perform. I'm sure come playoffs we will see all the bandwagoners jump on board.

Lines are clicking right now and we have great chemistry going. And we have the best goalie in the league.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
So proud of this team. Been a treat to be at the barn to watch them perform. I'm sure come playoffs we will see all the bandwagoners jump on board.

Lines are clicking right now and we have great chemistry going. And we have the best goalie in the league.
Been to 24 games this season. 23 at home and 1 on the road . And I cannot wait to see those bandwagons show up. I want a full barn. (Also the goal is to hit 30 homes games this season, which meansI have to go to everyone left in the regualr season to hit that)

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Folks, the Wolves are for real and can win the OHL championship this year. Yep, there are a lot of stacked teams out there, Niagara included, but I see no reason why they can't be beaten by the Wolves in seven game series. I don't think any team wants anything to do with Sudbury this playoff season.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I believe this the best winning season the Wolves have had since the 1999-2000 and 2000-01 seasons. Of course lots of tough games a head including several on the road vs Niagara, Oshawa and the Petes. And two more games against SSM. Not taking nothing for granted because all those teams are tough at home. And Niagara was missing Lodnia and Paquette which are two very good players. Sudbury will miss Levin but would be nice to get the extra forward back in soon so they have a full four lines. As well getting Stratis back so that they start resting some of the D who may have some nagging injuries and soreness. But it has been so nice to see them get through a tough weekend and pull out wins vs the Soo and Niagara.

WJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad