Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsovereverything

Apr 7, 2018
We can only hope

Attachments

• 64C63D3F-5890-4D28-98B0-AFCCD52AC6FD.jpeg
    64C63D3F-5890-4D28-98B0-AFCCD52AC6FD.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: cub and howlman

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Well it would be Candella. The deal for DeMeo takes care the front of the net. Durzi will be the offensive PP guy we need badly. Would be interesting to see if Paps can pull that off. We probably give up McGrath, Candella, Tabek and picks. Maybe we get one if their right wingers back as well. Stay tuned. Then improve the import spot and I think we can have some fun.

WJ

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Hearing offers on the twins are coming in, see if anything goes on there. OHLinsiders also saying we're trying to quietly shop Drake Pilon.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
IMO no point in just trading one Pilon. Every time only one Pilon has played they were very unnoticeable. When they both play they usually play on the edge and have an impact but when only one plays I feel it is a waste of an OA spot as they have no effect on the game.
I agree. Ottawa could use them both in a shutdown role. Then this opens it up for Sudbury to get Maskinivich and or Saigeon. Then Durzi and improve the import spot and that along with UKKO would be interesting. But I can’t see one Pilon moving. More likely Candella if Durzi deal happens.

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
IMO no point in just trading one Pilon. Every time only one Pilon has played they were very unnoticeable. When they both play they usually play on the edge and have an impact but when only one plays I feel it is a waste of an OA spot as they have no effect on the game.
That's my thinking. I think Paps could deal both though, who could be a fit?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I agree. Ottawa could use them both in a shutdown role. Then this opens it up for Sudbury to get Maskinivich and or Saigeon. Then Durzi and improve the import spot and that along with UKKO would be interesting. But I can’t see one Pilon moving. More likely Candella if Durzi deal happens.

WJ
WJ I think you just figured it out! Twins to Ottawa makes total sense from what I heard earlier in the year and they only have 1 OA as of right now. Grab Saigeon, Hugg and Durzi while shipping the Twins and Malik out.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Whatever Sudbury does I just don’t want them to lose the 2nd rd pick this year which is Barries. Barrie is more likely to finish near the bottom and that would result in a high second round pick for Sudbury. All other picks I couldn’t care.

WJ

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
WJ I think you just figured it out! Twins to Ottawa makes total sense from what I heard earlier in the year and they only have 1 OA as of right now. Grab Saigeon, Hugg and Durzi while shipping the Twins and Malik out.

Then Ottawa could deal for a couple of Ranger 99's to fill out their roster. They already have elite forwards. A couple very good secondary 200 foot guys like Meireles and McHugh who are a threat to score and Ottawa is set.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
What are you guys smoking? No way we acquire the twins. We can do way better. I admire them for their grit but they are not the most talented. In todays OHL that style of play is a potential liability...penalties! 15 yrs ago maybe!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Durzi makes sense for Sudbury. One of the best all round Dmen in the league. Great quarter back for the power play. Huge OA upgrade over Candella. Seems like a pipe dream Sudbury gets Durzi, but if Paps pulls it off it would change the whole dynamics of our defence core. Guaranteed if this happens, Wolves will over pay to get this done and people will complain at the price.

gregreg

Jun 10, 2009
Durzi makes sense for Sudbury. One of the best all round Dmen in the league. Great quarter back for the power play. Huge OA upgrade over Candella. Seems like a pipe dream Sudbury gets Durzi, but if Paps pulls it off it would change the whole dynamics of our defence core. Guaranteed if this happens, Wolves will over pay to get this done and people will complain at the price.
We can only hope for an overpayment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad