Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
What's a fair price for Durzi? Anthony Salinitri went for 2nd 2nd 4th. Do we think Durzi will fetch more? 2nd 2nd 3rd?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Bad News, Durzi didn't fall through, not sure what happened.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What are you guys smoking? No way we acquire the twins. We can do way better. I admire them for their grit but they are not the most talented. In todays OHL that style of play is a potential liability...penalties! 15 yrs ago maybe!

You could do better at the OA spots. But if you acquired them on the cheap, then spent on Meireles and either McHugh or Garreffa, you'd probably pay around the same price as say a Brazeau and Saigeon but still have the 99's from Kitchener next year as well.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Respecfully, what are you saying? Did the deal happen or did it fall through and not happen?

The deal was made for Durzi, but now it is not happening at this point, not sure what happened.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
No idea, quite possible.
Well I don’t know but maybe they make these deals in principle and only then inform the player(s). I’m speculating but that’s what could be behind these done then undone deals.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Regardless what happened, I know I appreciate when there are fans on here that hear something legit and are willing to stick their neck out a bit. I hope it doesn't deter you from posting what you hear again.

I'm kind of embarrassed, never happened to me before, but I will keep everyone updated if I can. I got the Tortora deal to Barrie, many didn't believe it and did happen.

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
I'm kind of embarrassed, never happened to me before, but I will keep everyone updated if I can. I got the Tortora deal to Barrie, many didn't believe it and did happen.

Makes you wonder who all has no trade if that’s the case. . Makes things real complicated

Sounds like the wolves are trying to strengthen so that’s good news !

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
You should be. Confirmed means something.

WJ

Reactions: dirty12

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hopefully it's not Durzi not wanting to report here.. hopefully something can still be hammered out to get this done. Safe to say Paps ain't done, more moves are coming
I still like Gareffa and or Yantsis. Bring them both over, make them more comfortable

Reactions: EvenSteven

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Fact is they all have us by you know what and the price is probably too high for Sudbury to handle. Only a few teams with a couple more moves to make. And after having the door shut on a couple of deals already I think we will stand pat and ride the course. Paps won’t make a deal for the sake of making a deal. He has already stated that it needs to be good for us without sacrificing so much of the future.

WJ

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Fact is they all have us by you know what and the price is probably too high for Sudbury to handle. Only a few teams with a couple more moves to make. And after having the door shut on a couple of deals already I think we will stand pat and ride the course. Paps won’t make a deal for the sake of making a deal. He has already stated that it needs to be good for us without sacrificing so much of the future.

WJ

Yantsis and Garreffa helps you this year and next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad