Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
QUOTE="cub, post: 154639515, member: 158209"]At this time, Sell, Sell, Sell. We need to make playoffs so need to keep Ukko. Also can't touch Byfield.[/QUOTE]

Sell sell sell will put u in the area of flint. No one will report here

OHL insiders say a tough sell to get guys in Sudbury when they have a choice. The team has had numerous high placed picks and none of them have done well in Sudbury . No one drafted .... It can’t all be the players and that’s not a shot at Stillman think he has done a decent job with what he has.

The organization needs to have that win at all cost mentality. Within reason. Look at Guelph would not of seen that coming
We just trudge along and watch other teams go for it so far. . Re my comment on flint ~~~Some point strap it on .... and give the fans a ride they won’t forget .

Murray , Carson and a few of the players are skilled players and will turn it around.
I would like to see Murray play a little better on defence so coach him and help him devolop. He is by no means a non skill player.

You have Carson on the penalty kill and shutting down the other teams top lines . He may need to get his hands back but you want him playing against you in the playoffs?

There not the only ones struggling look at byfield and levin stats last 6 games. Both having a tough time.

The defence is pretty much not there last night . Hard to score when you chasing back because you have no faith in the puck going in. Let’s not even talk about the goal tending

Time for someone to get a move on land one good player and make a run . Next year will take care of itself.
Think we would be worried as much about defence if Suzuki was playing on the team

Not ready to throw In the towel quite yet !! I want play off hockey. Tired of waiting for it And this team can do it with some help. We already saw it

cub

Apr 11, 2012
QUOTE="cub, post: 154639515, member: 158209"]At this time, Sell, Sell, Sell. We need to make playoffs so need to keep Ukko. Also can't touch Byfield.

Sell sell sell will put u in the area of flint. No one will report here

Yes, I have seen enough of Carson, Butlika, Gilhula, I think if we can move them for younger it will benefit us for future, and wouldn't lose much in my opinion. We have many players that play the PK and can play shutdown roll, we need players that can put puck in the net.

One big indicator for me watching the games since Ukko has gone, were the compete level of most of the veterans non-existent, Byfield plays hard every game, even if he doesn't rack up the points.

Definitely getting Ukko back will change compete level, and confidence should rise up again, but I was hoping to see it while Ukko was gone. I support the Wolves whatever direction they go, I just feel we missed out, because we don't have assets to give without giving out draft picks. I rather not blow our draft picks for a player will be here half a season.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Let’s face the facts. Paps got cocky when the team was winning and HE over valued some of his players and decided to not tinker when that was the exact time he should have. Question remains were their teams willing to make moves at that point? Well Niagara made theirs early with Kingston. Our players were playing at their max capability and the value for them were really (whatever it may be at) its highest at the time. By not making a move here or there costs him now. For instance I would have offered Murray and whatever else for Paquette, Robertson or even Neuman and Brahaney. Then improved the import spot by pushing hard for Poddumbyni and say Maskinivich/Martin. We could have returned multiple picks, Candella, Niznikov (at the time). But now we get nothing for Niznikov where I believe something happened because it was the same time the Wolves sat out all the vets for a game claiming the flu. Their is a lot more than meets the eye and things have been hush hush for a while and now that UKKO has been gone we are seeing the fallout. Players are not the same. I can’t see them winning even with UKKO back the way they have been playing. Irregardless Paps had to be creative in the window of time he had. The deadline is a time where things change dramatically and fast. Papineau can go in that time with a plan but that probably changed and he had no answer to it. Now he’s left in desperation mode if he wants improvements considering you have UKKO but I think the suppply and demand changed to the point that prices are now back up to premium levels.

WJ

Reactions: Horseman

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Let’s face the facts. Paps got cocky when the team was winning and HE over valued some of his players and decided to not tinker when that was the exact time he should have. Question remains were their teams willing to make moves at that point? Well Niagara made theirs early with Kingston. Our players were playing at their max capability and the value for them were really (whatever it may be at) its highest at the time. By not making a move here or there costs him now. For instance I would have offered Murray and whatever else for Paquette, Robertson or even Neuman and Brahaney. Then improved the import spot by pushing hard for Poddumbyni and say Maskinivich/Martin. We could have returned multiple picks, Candella, Niznikov (at the time). But now we get nothing for Niznikov where I believe something happened because it was the same time the Wolves sat out all the vets for a game claiming the flu. Their is a lot more than meets the eye and things have been hush hush for a while and now that UKKO has been gone we are seeing the fallout. Players are not the same. I can’t see them winning even with UKKO back the way they have been playing. Irregardless Paps had to be creative in the window of time he had. The deadline is a time where things change dramatically and fast. Papineau can go in that time with a plan but that probably changed and he had no answer to it. Now he’s left in desperation mode if he wants improvements considering you have UKKO but I think the suppply and demand changed to the point that prices are now back up to premium levels.

WJ

GM WJ, put your application in.

Reactions: Wisdom

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
Wolves defiinetly have struggled since the flu. Wonder if Ukko got the red eye last night to Saginaw . Jk on that one But Even half asleep think we would be better off !

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Wolves defiinetly have struggled since the flu. Wonder if Ukko got the red eye last night to Saginaw . Jk on that one But Even half asleep think we would be better off !

Not sure talking about struggling about since the flu. They were winning going into Christmas Break and playing well, that has nothing to do with it in my opinion. I think coming back from the Christmas Break, and Ukko being away is the issue.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
We sit 4th in the conference right now, IF somehow to drop no further we could be favorite to advance out of the first round. Oshawa is going to climb quick the Petes will chase us for 4th and depending what NB does before the trade deadline they are the ace in the hole. All Paps focus will now be on securing no worse than 4th in the conference. This will be the thrilling hockey we should be able to enjoy with most games now within our conference till the end of the season.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
The reality is very simple. The Wolves do not have very much in the way of tradable players.

Dylandria is available.... Who do offer for a NHL drafted player? McGrath? Bultika? Girl hula?

None of the above. The Wolves will have to give up the farm to get the horse. The players that any team will go after are the players that are performing. The team needs to ADD to that, not give them up. REALISTICALLY look at what can be offered to get a high end player and it becomes pretty clear there is nobody to move that will get a high in player. Minus Byfield, who's good enough on the Wolves to play with or ahead of Frost and Hayton in the Soo....nobody.... That's the reality.

jrwhopper

May 28, 2015
Not sure if this is an option, but if I were Paps, if teams see no value in our roster (aside from pieces we're not willing to move) I'd be working my a** off to either get Samuelsson in a Wolves jersey or willing to sign somewhere in the O. Dont know much about the kid or what his trade value would be but I know at the time of draft he was regarded as a stud who was set on college. It'd be a blessing to upgrade our D without touching players or picks. Just thinking a little outside the box.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Not sure talking about struggling about since the flu. They were winning going into Christmas Break and playing well, that has nothing to do with it in my opinion. I think coming back from the Christmas Break, and Ukko being away is the issue.

Am I the only one really disappointed in the Pilons? They're clearly not here for their scoring touch and as overagers, we need them to lead! They have played like very uninterested 4th liners since Christmas. This has really surprised me as they've not shown any energy whatsoever.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
We sit 4th in the conference right now, IF somehow to drop no further we could be favorite to advance out of the first round. Oshawa is going to climb quick the Petes will chase us for 4th and depending what NB does before the trade deadline they are the ace in the hole. All Paps focus will now be on securing no worse than 4th in the conference. This will be the thrilling hockey we should be able to enjoy with most games now within our conference till the end of the season.
That’s pretty optimistic. Fourth in the conference is very much in doubt unless moves are made, the team starts playing again or Ukko starts scoring himself. How exactly do you think Paps is going to “secure” fourth? Do tell.
The way they looked last night they”ll be lucky to hang on to a playoff spot.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Am I the only one really disappointed in the Pilons? They're clearly not here for their scoring touch and as overagers, we need them to lead! They have played like very uninterested 4th liners since Christmas. This has really surprised me as they've not shown any energy whatsoever.
Absolutely agree. The Pilons are valuable ONLY when they play all out, smart aggressive hockey. Otherwise they are a waste of a roster spot, let alone two valuable OA positions. They along with most of the team have been non factors as of late.
In fact they’re damn lucky I’m not the GM or I’d send them packing and try to upgrade the OA positions.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I really feel the sitting out 1 game with Levin and Carson prior to the Christmas break leads me to believe that more is going on that we haven't obviously made privy to. And since then they haven't played the same way. All of them for that matter. Levin was on fire and making great passes, cutting to the middle for a good scoring chance, shooting the puck more, hitting anyone and sticking up for himself. Carson looks like he has been skating in quick sand lately. Slow, not aggressive on the fore check, miss firing, can't get a handle on the puck. Stillman has been trying different line combinations and last night he played alot with the lines. So we know that the players can play better but not good enough even with Ukko back to stay in 4th IMO.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I really feel the sitting out 1 game with Levin and Carson prior to the Christmas break leads me to believe that more is going on that we haven't obviously made privy to. And since then they haven't played the same way. All of them for that matter. Levin was on fire and making great passes, cutting to the middle for a good scoring chance, shooting the puck more, hitting anyone and sticking up for himself. Carson looks like he has been skating in quick sand lately. Slow, not aggressive on the fore check, miss firing, can't get a handle on the puck. Stillman has been trying different line combinations and last night he played alot with the lines. So we know that the players can play better but not good enough even with Ukko back to stay in 4th IMO.

WJ

Stop making up stuff man. They sat out against Barrie that game, and Wolves won. They played two more games going into the Christmas Break, and won both those games, man you love the soap opera.

Reactions: Wisdom

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011

WJ
You might well be on to something and I’ve wondered the same myself. Very hard to believe they’re aren’t off ice issues with the team.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Cub you need to stop responding to my posts. It falls on deaf ears. You rebut everything I say bully.

Hey Cub its sunny outside! Your answer no its dark out. Have another rye and go to bed. Tired of your nonsense and cover ups for this team. I call it as it is.

You really can't handle that I am pretty close on everything. I know you billet and its ok to protect your player(s) but honestly this organization can only spin so many excuses. Its year 3 for Papineau and his plan is kinda all over the map at this point. When you select a world class goalie. You make every attempt to bolster your line up from the moment he arrives in town. Thats his first mistake.

WJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Horseman

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Stop making up stuff man. They sat out against Barrie that game, and Wolves won. They played two more games going into the Christmas Break, and won both those games, man you love the soap opera.
I don’t know if he’s making stuff up Cub. Can you say for sure they’re aren’t off ice issues? I’m grasping at straws because it doesn’t look like the same team.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I heard that very thing. Contrary to Giffen aka Cub.

WJ

WJ, "Giffen" lmao. How about sticking with facts, and stop making up stuff. You said since they sat out game they haven't won, which is not true, they won the game they sat out and two more games going into the Christmas Break. I would say the majority of OHL teams would have to deal with a discipline issue. They sat out game, and dressed the next game and won, and won the next game going into the break. So to me they responded positively, stop making crap up. The issue they have come out sluggish after a break and miss Ukko end of story. So stop being "Young and Restless" and causing drama.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Cub you need to stop responding to my posts. It falls on deaf ears. You rebut everything I say bully.

Hey Cub its sunny outside! Your answer no its dark out. Have another rye and go to bed. Tired of your nonsense and cover ups for this team. I call it as it is.

You really can't handle that I am pretty close on everything. I know you billet and its ok to protect your player(s) but honestly this organization can only spin so many excuses. Its year 3 for Papineau and his plan is kinda all over the map at this point. When you select a world class goalie. You make every attempt to bolster your line up from the moment he arrives in town. Thats his first mistake.

WJ

Holy more soap opera and stories first "Giffen" now a billet, I've been on board long enough, that posters know I'm not a billet, but you keep living in your fantasy world. Please submit your application has GM.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I don’t know if he’s making stuff up Cub. Can you say for sure they’re aren’t off ice issues? I’m grasping at straws because it doesn’t look like the same team.

Stop drinking WJ juice.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
WJ, "Giffen" lmao. How about sticking with facts, and stop making up stuff. You said since they sat out game they haven't won, which is not true, they won the game they sat out and two more games going into the Christmas Break. I would say the majority of OHL teams would have to deal with a discipline issue. They sat out game, and dressed the next game and won, and won the next game going into the break. So to me they responded positively, stop making crap up. The issue they have come out sluggish after a break and miss Ukko end of story. So stop being "Young and Restless" and causing drama.
No they lost to Mississauga on the last game before the break. It was a pathetic effort which I had a weird feeling they were going to play the same way coming back. And low and behold they have been just as bad if not worse as last season. Stop believing this team is heading in the right direction. If they were heading in the right direction I would signed Butler, Aucoin, Bowie, with Byfield, Thompson, Phillips. Keeping O'Bonswin, Gilhila, Candella, McGrath, Malik to start the year was a mistake. And not unloading Niznikov before he started sulking because he was on the 3rd and 4th line. Now we get nothing in return on a 18 year old former 1st round pick that he was extremely happy to get last season from Barrie. Sure can't predict the future but players know whats going on with other players sometimes doing a little homework goes a long way. He hasn't been happy since he arrived in Sudbury. Anyway there is a lot weird things going on and Papineau didn't play his cards right IMO for our coaches and his opportunity to insert players with upside and skill that will make for a better Sudbury Wolves team.

WJ

Last edited:

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I will say this Cub. You attack players in a childish manner. You go at posters aggressively and yet do not hold management or mismanagement responsible for any of this. I think a six game slump is a combination of factors that a pre-emptive response from management could have prevented. Try to be a little respectful of the players as it gets a little old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad