Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
One 2nd 21 and one 3rd 19 with Wong, conditional 2nd 24. Wolves could of made that deal. Remember the picks we gave up for Candella.

WJ

Im talking about Saltieri not Neumann, please read. Salteri was way too much.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
We had the assets to make deals, a couple seconds is a lot better then the six pick minimum Suzuki would take. I said we were linked to Gordeev a while back, the cost may have been better back then had we pulled a trigger. We were linked to some forwards on Saginaw as well at the start of the season, and we had a variety of offers for the twins and McGrath too. There were moves to be made a while back that just didn't happen and I'd love to know why. Oh and Niz and Levin having disagreements was something the same guy as the Gordeev thing told me a few Fridays before they got sat and then Niz leaving.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
I would of jumped all over Neuman because he will be back and OA next season which will be huge. Oshawa is remaining competitive this year and building for a run next year. Will be very interesting to see how Paps sets himself up for next season with his deals. (if any are made)

WJ

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Please read talking about Salteri, I would never give up 2 2nd round picks and 4th for an Overager.
You mean Salinitri and I would, I love his game and thats the price for a good OA, not a 3rd/4th liner cub. We needed a guy like that. I believe we could have gotten a second and third MINIMUM for the twins, we could have made it work.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I would of jumped all over Neuman because he will be back and OA next season which will be huge. Oshawa is remaining competitive this year and building for a run next year. Will be very interesting to see how Paps sets himself up for next season with his deals. (if any are made)

WJ

Again, you only hear yourself. Nick Wong and picks are better than anything we are willing to give up. Even I put Wong ahead of Murray if that was a possibility. We definitely lost out on that deal.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You mean Salinitri and I would, I love his game and thats the price for a good OA, not a 3rd/4th liner cub. We needed a guy like that. I believe we could have gotten a second and third MINIMUM for the twins, we could have made it work.

way too much.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
We had the assets to make deals, a couple seconds is a lot better then the six pick minimum Suzuki would take. I said we were linked to Gordeev a while back, the cost may have been better back then had we pulled a trigger. We were linked to some forwards on Saginaw as well at the start of the season, and we had a variety of offers for the twins and McGrath too. There were moves to be made a while back that just didn't happen and I'd love to know why. Oh and Niz and Levin having disagreements was something the same guy as the Gordeev thing told me a few Fridays before they got sat and then Niz leaving.[/QUOT

Thats why you don't read Jeff Giffens articles! Its all smoke and mirrors. I get it for the normal folk you don't want that stuff out in the open but stop feeding us BS its not Blaine Smith I'm taking about. lol

WJ

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

WJ
I''m agreeing with you here, thats what matters, I think the issue is the futures we've given up for so long have made us think twice now because we don't have anywhere near an excess like some teams. Rebuilding teams should have extra picks, that is something we don't for see reason, so think about that.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I''m agreeing with you here, thats what matters, I think the issue is the futures we've given up for so long have made us think twice now because we don't have anywhere near an excess like some teams. Rebuilding teams should have extra picks, that is something we don't for see reason, so think about that.

We lost out on the deal Neumann was pursued by the Wolves, I agree it would of been a great pick up, because he could play OA next season.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
We had the assets to make deals, a couple seconds is a lot better then the six pick minimum Suzuki would take. I said we were linked to Gordeev a while back, the cost may have been better back then had we pulled a trigger. We were linked to some forwards on Saginaw as well at the start of the season, and we had a variety of offers for the twins and McGrath too. There were moves to be made a while back that just didn't happen and I'd love to know why. Oh and Niz and Levin having disagreements was something the same guy as the Gordeev thing told me a few Fridays before they got sat and then Niz leaving.
You can thank Levin for losing Bourque too. Nice career with Owen Sound, wouldn’t it be nice to have him now.

hockieguy

Sep 7, 2012
Ontario Canada
The drama is pretty thick in here. I'm not surprised by the way the Wolves are playing, and I won't be surprised that they turn things around when their goalie returns.

My concern with this team is and always has been that without this goalie, the Wolves have done very little to improve the team in key areas, goaltending and defence for next season. That is the season where they will be in or out.

These few games (I hope) will show some posters what the Wolves have as far as going far this year. One series is doable, anything beyond that is unlikely.

Another concern is injuries. Heaven forbid the goalie going down..... Disaster.

Not much has changed other than the fact we can say Missy drank the wake up wine and realized they are indeed rebuilding and picked up a mit full of picks.

The deadline is still a couple days away, but giving that there is not a lot to gain with this lineup, it's is best to realize that one guy is not going to win this league, and trading away picks to get another will be like throwing a drowning man a brick.

IMO.... Wait out the year, cut a lot of deadwood lose.

Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Who’s fault is that? We sold the farm last year. Shouldn’t we have a good amount of picks? Sokolov for Lipanov was a BRUTAL move. A trade for the sake of it. That one still burns me. Should have moved long before when the price would have been lot better. How may fifty goal scorers in this league? I would have rather he keep him so we could have watched at least one talented player rather than limp along to a last place finish.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Who’s fault is that? We sold the farm last year. Shouldn’t we have a good amount of picks?
Pretty much flipped them for Niz, Candella and Stratis, and we sat too long to flip guys and got subpar packages IMO. Lavallee is the big prospect we got back, but I don't see him on our supposedly terrible D-corps.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Who’s fault is that? We sold the farm last year. Shouldn’t we have a good amount of picks? Sokolov for Lipanov was a BRUTAL move. A trade for the sake of it. That one still burns me. Should have moved long before when the price would have been lot better. How may fifty goal scorers in this league? I would have rather he keep him so we could have watched at least one talented player rather than limp along to a last place finish.

Here we go again.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
The drama is pretty thick in here. I'm not surprised by the way the Wolves are playing, and I won't be surprised that they turn things around when their goalie returns.

My concern with this team is and always has been that without this goalie, the Wolves have done very little to improve the team in key areas, goaltending and defence for next season. That is the season where they will be in or out.

These few games (I hope) will show some posters what the Wolves have as far as going far this year. One series is doable, anything beyond that is unlikely.

Not much has changed other than the fact we can say Missy drank the wake up wine and realized they are indeed rebuilding and picked up a mit full of picks.

The deadline is still a couple days away, but giving that there is not a lot to gain with this lineup, it's is best to realize that one guy is not going to win this league, and trading away picks to get another will be like throwing a drowning man a brick.

That might well happen.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009

Thanks for the read. I agree with a lot here however sad that we had a chance to cut loose some of the deadwood this year. For unloading as we did last year the picks are not as plentiful. Losing Niz and the chance to recoup some picks stings.

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Pretty much flipped them for Niz, Candella and Stratis, and we sat too long to flip guys and got subpar packages IMO. Lavallee is the big prospect we got back, but I don't see him on our supposedly terrible D-corps.
So you’re saying great job by Paps right......

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Okay well this is very wrong.

Cub we could have moved him before then trust me on that, it was a poor move but it got us QB. I don't like how Paps waits thats my only issue there.
Yep “He who hesitates is lost”. Adages are adages for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad