Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
No they lost to Mississauga on the last game before the break. It was a pathetic effort which I had a weird feeling they were going to play the same way coming back. And low and behold they have been just as bad if not worse as last season. Stop believing this team is heading in the right direction. If they were heading in the right direction I would signed Butler, Aucoin, Bowie, with Byfield, Thompson, Phillips. Keeping O'Bonswin, Gilhila, Candella, McGrath, Malik to start the year was a mistake. And not unloading Niznikov before he started sulking because he was on the 3rd and 4th line. Anyway there is a lot weird things going on and Papineau didn't play his cards right IMO for the coaches.

WJ

GM WJ, your right, but Ukko wasn't there against Missy. It was mistake? I think 4th in conference, 1st in division going into Christmas Break has exceeded expectations. Thank god your not a GM, you trade your grandmother.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Stop drinking WJ juice.
Ya ok boss man, you think you rule this board. What a joke. Since you’re so brilliant and all knowing you explain this pathetic collapse. Apology man should be your superhero title. I don’t need to be influenced by anyone. It’s perfectly reasonable to wonder if they’re are off ice issues we don’t know about.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I will say this Cub. You attack players in a childish manner. You go at posters aggressively and yet do not hold management or mismanagement responsible for any of this. I think a six game slump is a combination of factors that a pre-emptive response from management could have prevented. Try to be a little respectful of the players as it gets a little old.
THANK YOU! Very well said but in my experience it will fall on deaf ears.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Holy more soap opera and stories first "Giffen" now a billet, I've been on board long enough, that posters know I'm not a billet, but you keep living in your fantasy world. Please submit your application has GM.
Maybe he will after you submit yours as stick boy and yes man gofer.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I will say this Cub. You attack players in a childish manner. You go at posters aggressively and yet do not hold management or mismanagement responsible for any of this. I think a six game slump is a combination of factors that a pre-emptive response from management could have prevented. Try to be a little respectful of the players as it gets a little old.

I believe management are doing a great job, to be in 4th in conference and 2nd in division has exceeded expectations. No one credits management for drafting Ukko, because well aware of our goaltending situation, we could of drafted a import player but Papineau did right move. I agree we have gone into a slump, however we were not position to give up quality assets to get quality players in return. I think management is doing great, and everyone is very impatient, quite understandable, however I know Wolves are trying to make team better, but have lost out. If that's the case, we don't have enough trading chips to beat other teams fighting for the same players. I'm realistic, and don't make stuff up. WJ, Lycanthrope, like to make stuff up, and stir the pot. If they sticked to facts I would have more respect on their posts.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Ya ok boss man, you think you rule this board. What a joke. Since you’re so brilliant and all knowing you explain this pathetic collapse. Apology man should be your superhero title. I don’t need to be influenced by anyone. It’s perfectly reasonable to wonder if they’re are off ice issues we don’t know about.

Lycanthrope, you should join WJ when next episode of Guiding Light.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
GM WJ, your right, but Ukko wasn't there against Missy. It was mistake? I think 4th in conference, 1st in division going into Christmas Break has exceeded expectations. Thank god your not a GM, you trade your grandmother.
The team was sickening in Missy and I agree with Jack, I would have bet money it would continue and it low and behold it did!

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Yes

Thank god my grandmother isn't around and rightfully so. Cause if my grandmother played as poorly as say as a McGrath I would sent her down to Rayside to develop long ago. People pay a lot of money to watch this program. Papineau has given us nothing this year. He picked up Byfield in the draft thank God he reported. But now its our job to build around him and develop him. Not keep a bunch of curfue violating kids around. There is too much at stake for Byfield and the hockey world is watching. Butler and company should have been around so that we can begin the 3 year process. Especially since he has done nothing to bring in a quality forward with some offensive flair to help ease Byfield.

Some players on this team needed to be moved in multi player deals long ago. Right now I have no idea what way Papineau is going. I think he's stumped. He made mistakes and he definitely won't admit to it. Someone had posted on here that Dairo wanted him to make deals to win a couple of rounds. If true then Paps needed to begin the process long ago especially having Ukko. It has to be one way or another. My fear is Byfield agent will eventually want him out to a team that will make a strong run and be with an organization with not so much uncertainty and inexperience management. Forget about Murray this team is about centring around Byfield. And Byfield needs all the experience of playing high level hockey in long seasons. He needs to experience a deep 2 round run this year and next year they need to make a deeper run. No guarantee he is here after that.

WJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycanthrope

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Yes

Thank god my grandmother is around and rightfully so. Cause if my grandmother played as poorly as say as a McGrath I would sent her down to Rayside to develop long ago. People pay a lot of money to watch this program. Papineau has given us nothing this year. He picked up Byfield in the draft thank God he reported. But now its our job to build around him and develop him. Not keep a bunch of curfue violating kids around. There is too much at stake for Byfield and the hockey world is watching. Butler and company should have been around so that we can begin the 3 year process. Especially since he has done nothing to bring in a quality forward with some offensive flair to help ease Byfield.

Some players on this team needed to be moved in multi player deals long ago. Right now I have no idea what way Papineau is going. I think he's stumped. He made mistakes and he definitely won't admit to it. Someone had posted on here that Dairo wanted him to make deals to win a couple of rounds. If true then Paps needed to begin the process long ago especially having Ukko. It has to be one way or another. My fear is Byfield agent will eventually want him out to a team that will make a strong run and be with an organization with not so much uncertainty and inexperience management. Forget about Murray this team is about centring around Byfield. And Byfield needs all the experience of playing high level hockey in long seasons. He needs to experience a deep 2 round run this year and next year they need to make a deeper run. No guarantee he is here after that.

WJ

GM WJ, keep it rolling. Would it be fair to say that being 4th in conference and 2nd in division has exceeded expectations? Drafting Ukko was a great move?

Reactions: Iloveallsports

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
W
I believe management are doing a great job, to be in 4th in conference and 2nd in division has exceeded expectations. No one credits management for drafting Ukko, because well aware of our goaltending situation, we could of drafted a import player but Papineau did right move. I agree we have gone into a slump, however we were not position to give up quality assets to get quality players in return. I think management is doing great, and everyone is very impatient, quite understandable, however I know Wolves are trying to make team better, but have lost out. If that's the case, we don't have enough trading chips to beat other teams fighting for the same players. I'm realistic, and don't make stuff up. WJ, Lycanthrope, like to make stuff up, and stir the pot. If they sticked to facts I would have more respect on their posts.
We won't be in 4th very long. The Petes, North Bay and Mississauga are coming up quickly. I think we finish 7th or 8th with the way we are playing. Teams have gotten better. The Soo will win most of the 6 game series vs us. North Bay will probably win 5-3 in a 8 game series. Mississauga will beat us more then we do them. So Barrie will be the only team we will actually edge out in the season. And that will be a tall task cause we are solely relying on Ukko. Oshawa has tons of fire power. Brilliant moves getting Neuman and Saltriani. Add that to Noel and Studnicka, Antropov and company. Keyser in net and a strong defensive core. We are in tough!!! The Petes have 3 strong lines and Merkley to run the PP, Niagara and Ottawa I don't need to say much about. The East has gotten strong. Sudbury needs to play perfect every game as they did before heading into the December. Tall task don't you think. Saginaw will punish us today. It may get ugly on the scoreboard.

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I think we can agree that the true measure of a coach, team and management is their performance in the second half. First half means a lot less and it’s a lot easier to win in the first half.
Second half is what separates the men from the boys. Look at Butler. Don’t look now but the Bats are beating the loaded up Storm. Hell even Hamilton might catch us. They’re giving Niagara fits.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
W

We won't be in 4th very long. The Petes, North Bay and Mississauga are coming up quickly. I think we finish 7th or 8th with the way we are playing. Teams have gotten better. The Soo will win most of the 6 game series vs us. North Bay will probably win 5-3 in a 8 game series. Mississauga will beat us more then we do them. So Barrie will be the only team we will actually edge out in the season. And that will be a tall task cause we are solely relying on Ukko. Oshawa has tons of fire power. Brilliant moves getting Neuman and Saltriani. Add that to Noel and Studnicka, Antropov and company. Keyser in net and a strong defensive core. We are in tough!!! The Petes have 3 strong lines and Merkley to run the PP, Niagara and Ottawa I don't need to say much about. The East has gotten strong. Sudbury needs to play perfect every game as they did before heading into the December. Tall task don't you think. Saginaw will punish us today. It may get ugly on the scoreboard.

WJ
It might I sure hope they don’t put up double digits but they might, especially with young weeks and you know who.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
W

We won't be in 4th very long. The Petes, North Bay and Mississauga are coming up quickly. I think we finish 7th or 8th with the way we are playing. Teams have gotten better. The Soo will win most of the 6 game series vs us. North Bay will probably win 5-3 in a 8 game series. Mississauga will beat us more then we do them. So Barrie will be the only team we will actually edge out in the season. And that will be a tall task cause we are solely relying on Ukko. Oshawa has tons of fire power. Brilliant moves getting Neuman and Saltriani. Add that to Noel and Studnicka, Antropov and company. Keyser in net and a strong defensive core. We are in tough!!!

WJ

Getting Neumann, they had to give up Nick Wong and a bunch of picks. I know Wolves were trying to trade for him but Oshawa had a better player we could give. Anthony Saltieri, had to give up 2 2nd round picks and a 4th round pick for a Overager, I would never do that deal.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
GM WJ, keep it rolling. Would it be fair to say that being 4th in conference and 2nd in division has exceeded expectations? Drafting Ukko was a great move?

Totally exceeded expectations who would think other wise. But we had momentum and Papineau needed to pounce on that and make the deals. He didn't for whatever reason. Thats on him. Drafting Ukko was not a sure thing at the time. Buffalo wasn't sure if they wanted him Sudbury. Some promises were made obviously and he has done what everyone believed a world class goalie to do. But we knew the first half of the season was the time to get up in the standing and steal a few wins. We did that and I was happy cause Sudbury is usually 6-9th by the break. So you make minor moves to improve even though it may appear to people like yourself no changes need to be made. But certain players still had bad tendencies with the wins its not as magnified. So you trade them at that point so teams and scouts don't look at it as bad as we do. But Paps lost that window. Now he is stuck cause the team under performed from the break on and other teams have seen players at their worst and know they can ask for more when Paps comes calling. Simple as that. And now you are left with a World Class goalie with a very uninspired, under performing and no confidence team.

WJ

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Management has done some excellent things over the past year. Great! Ukko..great! You dont sit back and coast and hope for the best. You back management 100% we get it. You then attack players..good GM's move players out. Bring players in.. where is the replacement for Niz? We consistently use Tier 2 call up calibre player. Make some moves and get OHL calibre players. Make adjustments when the team is flying high not when you are in the dumps...

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Management has done some excellent things over the past year. Great! Ukko..great! You dont sit back and coast and hope for the best. You back management 100% we get it. You then attack players..good GM's move players out. Bring players in.. where is the replacement for Niz? We consistently use Tier 2 call up calibre player. Make some moves and get OHL calibre players. Make adjustments when the team is flying high not when you are in the dumps...
BINGO!!!

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I think we can agree that the true measure of a coach, team and management is their performance in the second half. First half means a lot less and it’s a lot easier to win in the first half.
Second half is what separates the men from the boys. Look at Butler. Don’t look now but the Bats are beating the loaded up Storm. Hell even Hamilton might catch us. They’re giving Niagara fits.

If you look at NB roster, and OHL leader scoring board, they have Brazeau 1st in scoring, Chenier 25th and Stuthers 26th in scoring and number #1 PP. They have veterans that can put puck in the net compared to the Wolves. Wolves have to score by committee, we have Levin top scorer at 5oth.

What really helped NB, Propp has found his game again and playing well. NB will be moving up the ladder if they decide not to sell.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Getting Neumann, they had to give up Nick Wong and a bunch of picks. I know Wolves were trying to trade for him but Oshawa had a better player we could give. Anthony Saltieri, had to give up 2 2nd round picks and a 4th round pick for a Overager, I would never do that deal.
That is a lot to give for an OA and I don’t think Salinitri is worth it. How many other picks with the Wong deal?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
No they lost to Mississauga on the last game before the break. It was a pathetic effort which I had a weird feeling they were going to play the same way coming back. And low and behold they have been just as bad if not worse as last season. Stop believing this team is heading in the right direction. If they were heading in the right direction I would signed Butler, Aucoin, Bowie, with Byfield, Thompson, Phillips. Keeping O'Bonswin, Gilhila, Candella, McGrath, Malik to start the year was a mistake. And not unloading Niznikov before he started sulking because he was on the 3rd and 4th line. Now we get nothing in return on a 18 year old former 1st round pick that he was extremely happy to get last season from Barrie. Sure can't predict the future but players know whats going on with other players sometimes doing a little homework goes a long way. He hasn't been happy since he arrived in Sudbury. Anyway there is a lot weird things going on and Papineau didn't play his cards right IMO for our coaches and his opportunity to insert players with upside and skill that will make for a better Sudbury Wolves team.

WJ
Just have to say this is a post I agree with, I wanted Butler, Bowie and Auction signed and I thought not running with Siau as our 4C was also a mistake. I said we lacked skill, the team without Ukko is the team I predicted we'd be at the start of the season, and I would have expected this with the skater group we have. I'll admit I got blinded by Ukko but I haven't loved watching our boys this year as a lack of skill (as have others I know) and yet they are having their best season in recent memory. I think we should have moved bodies out back then. It is what it is now, and I hope we can add some skill before the deadline, because now we have to stick to the plan and keep these guys we have.

Also I've heard that Buffalo doesn't want us moving Ukko, just so you all know.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I would have gladly paid that price for him.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Just have to say this is a post I agree with, I wanted Butler, Bowie and Auction signed and I thought not running with Siau as our 4C was also a mistake. I said we lacked skill, the team without Ukko is the team I predicted we'd be at the start of the season, and I would have expected this with the skater group we have. I'll admit I got blinded by Ukko but I haven't loved watching our boys this year as a lack of skill (as have others I know) and yet they are having their best season in recent memory. I think we should have moved bodies out back then. It is what it is now, and I hope we can add some skill before the deadline, because now we have to stick to the plan and keep these guys we have.

Also I've heard that Buffalo doesn't want us moving Ukko, just so you all know.

Thanks for the insight.

WJ

cub

Apr 11, 2012

HockeyHell I know your upset because I hurt your feelings on Bulitka. If you read alot of comment that Papineau has made in media about the trade deadline, it is easily to see he is trying to make deals. Like again please tell me what trading chips we have had and lost out to Oshawa, Saginaw, Niagara and Guelph that we are able to beat them in a deal?

Blaine Smith was interviewed in Windsor game, he was there and mentioned the team wants to make moves to help the team. Lets see how it plays out at the trade deadline. I don't want Papineau to give up bunch of picks for someone who will be here half the season. I trust Papineau and faith if there was deal he could make he make it, sometimes it doesn't work out for many variables, beat out by other team, NTC, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad