Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I believe Papineau should make a splash at trade deadline, without giving up much, easier said than done. Hopefully we can be in position to move Krill N.

I think the trade bait, to get high end talent would be Hutchinson, Tabak and Gilhula in deal. Not sure if we should touch any of our D has trade bait, except for Wawrow, or Serentis, if we can get a upgrade to help run the PP or Shut down D.

We are first in our division and Second in the Conference at this point, so we are for real, if we can also make some deals even giving up draft picks for quality players I think we should do it, similar to our 2006 year.

I think we can always recoup draft picks later on if we need too by trading players. I think we have the top goalie in the league, he can steal a series himself he won't be back next year. We beat most of the top teams this year like Ottawa, Guelph, Niagara etc. we are there. Ottawa and Niagara upgraded.

Ottawa window was set for next year, but it came earlier than expected, I think we are similar. I really think we should make a splash at trade deadline.

Tabak will have some modest value, but teams generally aren't targetting 18 year old players when they are selling off their veterans. The ask is going to be for picks and younger talent.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I agree with this statement thru the majority of the season so far...But I've noticed the last 9-10 games he's done much better job of digging in the corners and getting back in his own zone. He was on the ice for a lot of Goals allowed in the earlier part of the season but again he seems to have brought his game to a much more expected level as of late. His compete level has come up and with that the points are starting to come his way.
Well said, that’s what I’ve seen as well. Go Blake!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I may be wrong but I'm sure that Andrew Dale's former position had zero to do with Concessions. With that said...IMO the concessions are among the worst in the league. The popcorn tastes like it was popped 3 days prior to the game and it blew me away how the price of it went up $.50 part way into the season. At the start of Dario's reign over the wolves I remember the price of Beer dropping a full dollar....Didn'r last long though :(.
Also it tastes like someone left the bag of Nachos open ...The only improvement I've seen in the Concessions dept. has been that they now except Credit/Debit (I guess that's something)
No Credit/Debit for beer yet though :) That might actually be a good thing. I completely agree, our concessions are embarrassing in their quality (or lack thereof). I think Zulich and his new era cohorts are missing the boat by obviously not wanting to spend any money or make any improvements to the current fan experince regarding concessions etc. Also I guess it’s on the city but did anyone else notice the taps not working in some of the sinks? Club washrooms to boot. Unacceptable. As mentioned why not make every attempt to improve fan experience now before going into the new rink so as to have more people make the transition. It will only be a novelty for so long so I hope they plan on having a very professional game day experience and for the love of God spend a little to hire ushers!!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
For the most part I agree. Regardless of who we put in that role though is gonna have a hard time truly affecting attendance. We need to keep winning and that'll see attendance rise. The city has a rightful negative perception about the Wolves since we've been so bad for so long haha. I'm just starting to see that lift now. Saturday's game was the most I remember seeing at a Saturday game in a loooonnng time.
The snowball has indeed begun rolling. You can sense it more and more.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
That must be the same popcorn they sell in Kitchener. It taste like a dogs breakfast and is more expensive than printer ink.
Not to mention the mystery meat in the hot dogs...with that weird odour. No wonder the only thing I spend my money on is the beer...close to $9 though. Ouch, may have to go on the wagon especially since a good buzz is becoming less necessary to sit though the games :) Really excited about tonight and I would think the pack is too. If we have a full lineup me thinks the Rags will be in very tough, and even without we proved last night we can win. Only a few hours till the full moon Aaaaaooooh!

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
We are having ourselves quite a season folks. Cmon paps let’s shore up this ***** :)

Since the rebuilding Rangers are in town tonight, maybe heads can get together on a deal?

A couple of our 99 born forwards for a couple of your 01's plus picks?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
You guys do have some good skilled, speedy forwards.

You'll get a good look at them tonight. Any of Meireles, McHugh, Yantsis, and Garreffa would help your team and none are elite to the point where it'll cost you a ton. All look destined to play an OA season next year too.

Keep in mind that Garreffa has played mostly D this year and is happiest playing there. Currently QB's the PP here has been on the wing they last few games.

Let us know what you think.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You'll get a good look at them tonight. Any of Meireles, McHugh, Yantsis, and Garreffa would help your team and none are elite to the point where it'll cost you a ton. All look destined to play an OA season next year too.

Keep in mind that Garreffa has played mostly D this year and is happiest playing there. Currently QB's the PP here has been on the wing they last few games.

Let us know what you think.
Right on. Yes I’m somewhat familiar with the fellas you mentioned and they are indeed the ones I was referring to.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Right on. Yes I’m somewhat familiar with the fellas you mentioned and they are indeed the ones I was referring to.

Not counting young guys, those are the only vets of real value. You could add Hugg, but he's an import. Of those four, I think Meireles is easily the most valuable. Best all around in the group. Would really help a contender. Plays in all situations.

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Hockey talk aside...should be a good game and hopefully a full barn. Got our teddy bears to toss. Go Wolves.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yep I am pretty sure that why Fischhaber singled him out of the group - he would have potentially more value as a 17 year old, the other 4 are all 18.
Ah my bad guys. Thought he was saying Tabak was too old to hold any value.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Tabak will have some modest value, but teams generally aren't targetting 18 year old players when they are selling off their veterans. The ask is going to be for picks and younger talent.

Tabak is 2001 born, 17 years old.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I understand that. My reference was to the older players that were mentioned.

got you. I think there is value in Hutchinson, Gilhula, combined with picks get help on return on quality top 6 player.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not counting young guys, those are the only vets of real value. You could add Hugg, but he's an import. Of those four, I think Meireles is easily the most valuable. Best all around in the group. Would really help a contender. Plays in all situations.

Good point. However, my favourite of the four is McHugh. Solid all-around player. Heart and soul player leaves it all on the ice. A lesser version of Meireles but with a lot more jam. The kind of player you give a letter to right away.

Reactions: Tim Wallach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad