Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
got you. I think there is value in Hutchinson, Gilhula, combined with picks get help on return on quality top 6 player.

Both should have value as 2 1/2 yr players with more upside than Tabak, imo. They are certainly not scrubs.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
got you. I think there is value in Hutchinson, Gilhula, combined with picks get help on return on quality top 6 player.

There's definitely value in them. I just meant to say that they are more valuable to a contending team looking to add than a seller, but there's always the right situation for any trade.

Reactions: cub and dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
There's definitely value in them. I just meant to say that they are more valuable to a contending team looking to add than a seller, but there's always the right situation for any trade.

I think they would be valuable to a contending team next season; right now, they realtively productive complimentary players

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Another tidy game. The forechecking and backchecking really stood out today. Drake's backcheck leading to Darian's odd man rush, Bulitka's work in the corner leading to his shorty, Phillips' recovery after getting dispossessed on the PP. Even Murray was playing in the corners effectively.

Stillman has this team playing a wonderful brand of hockey right now.

Nice to see Niagara finally lose one too!

Reactions: WolvesFan

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
I have to say that, as others have mentioned several times, Byfield is very impressive of late. I had questioned what was going on around the time he returned from the under 18 tournament but he looks so much better lately. He seems to be seeing the ice and is now skating much more freely.

Also I wanted to mention how impressed I've been with Ross of late. His positioning late in the game when Kitchener had a 3 on 1 during our power play was excellent. The team is really coming together.

Any word on Serensits? He disappeared after he was hurt early in the game.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
all right fine... I have officially moved to an opinion of we should buy. Didn't think I'd get there but their play has me convinced. Nice to see the barn filling up too.
Definitely a year to add, having (one of if not) the best goalie in the league gives a chance to win every night. Where are you guys weak?

Reactions: Lycanthrope and cub

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Definitely a year to add, having (one of if not) the best goalie in the league gives a chance to win every night. Where are you guys weak?
IMO we are just average everywhere (outside the crease)... our D isn't fantastic but it's very young with lots of future promise and they're definitely getting the job done right now. Hard work and hustle is there up front. Maybe a real shooting threat would be my big ask, or a good defensive D (I don't think we need one but others do).

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
IMO we are just average everywhere (outside the crease)... our D isn't fantastic but it's very young with lots of future promise and they're definitely getting the job done right now. Hard work and hustle is there up front. Maybe a real shooting threat would be my big ask, or a good defensive D (I don't think we need one but others do).

Agree on both of those. I think we need a solid backend guy to take some pressure off. I don't think Wawrow is ready now and I really don't like seeing O'Bonsawin back there either.

Reactions: dirty12

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Hearing WJ may be right about it being a discipline thing last night. Take with a grain of salt still.
Trust me.There was a bit of an issue. As you said, move on. Here’s the thing with this team; They can win even when they don’t play great. Just saying....Aaaaooooo!

Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad