Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
Yeah Right! All have the flu like Niz. Then poof Niz vanishes. I call BS. Simple way to put the vets screwed up. No Captain on the team these type of things creep in IMO.

WJ
Hole heartily agree on the captain thing. At the point now it would be like a consolation prize for the person who gets it. So basically says this team has no leadership candidates or as a coach you can’t figure out who the leader is on the team .or lastly don’t want to trade my captain in dec

And agree things have a way of biting u in the ass

1970 s. Last time no captain

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
You’re liking that comment cub? Surprised it’s a criticism of Stillman more than anything.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
I disagree completely. You earn the role of captain. If these guys have done something to hurt the team then none of them should be captain but if Stillman names a captain that isn't a consolation prize it means that is the one who proved himself to lead. Since we dont know what happened then we probably shouldn't say anything.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
You’re right cubby. I’m loving it. I was just mentioning you seem to agree Wolves could use a captain.

don't see this is a criticism to coach. I really think they're grooming Byfield next year has captain, something like what's happening with the Leafs, I think they are grooming eventually Matthews to get it. This is just my opinion.

Reactions: Horseman

Horseman

Nov 13, 2016
I disagree completely. You earn the role of captain. If these guys have done something to hurt the team then none of them should be captain but if Stillman names a captain that isn't a consolation prize it means that is the one who proved himself to lead. Since we dont know what happened then we probably shouldn't say anything.

We have a great team this year that has done a great job on and off the ice. I can think of many players who have stepped it up this year. That’s how we have won games ( that and a amazing goalie lol) . We have the leaders showing it to the fans every day . How many other teams don’t have a captain in the top 10 or mentions

Anyway team wins tonight so hopefully flu runs it course and no one else gets sick

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
We have a great team this year that has done a great job on and off the ice. I can think of many players who have stepped it up this year. That’s how we have won games ( that and a amazing goalie lol) . We have the leaders showing it to the fans every day . How many other teams don’t have a captain in the top 10 or mentions

Anyway team wins tonight so hopefully flu runs it course and no one else gets sick
So it’s confirmed it is a flu? If so I suppose the captain talk may have been off base. It’s just you never know what’s a cover story. Anyway hope to see a full lineup tomorrow.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017

Not saying we dont need a captain..my comment was that isnt a consolation prize and when Stillman names a captain that person will have earned it. Captains lead by example Stillman was clearly letting vets prove themselves. I am sure he will name one.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Tucker and company getting tough with Lukkonen with Carson and the Pilons out. Wolves are going to have to make sure they protect Ukko as this is starting to happen and will likely get worse.

Reactions: Wolfman Jack

WolvesFanSudbury

Oct 8, 2016
Kitchener at home and a slumping steelheads team for the rest of the weekend , really hoping to see another perfect weekend and be on a 9 game win in streak . That'll get us in that top 10 :)

Reactions: WolvesFan

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
This is going to be one of the most intriguing trade deadlines for the Wolves entering January.

The more and more i think about it, Wolves should jump at an opportunity to improve the Import spot on Malik. They can do it at a relatively decent cost, and there's some good one's out there.

Wish we could trade Niz for something. Wolves need to add 19 year old forward and 19 year old Dman. I think they will make it happen, Dario wants a push

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
This is going to be one of the most intriguing trade deadlines for the Wolves entering January.

The more and more i think about it, Wolves should jump at an opportunity to improve the Import spot on Malik. They can do it at a relatively decent cost, and there's some good one's out there.

Wish we could trade Niz for something. Wolves need to add 19 year old forward and 19 year old Dman. I think they will make it happen, Dario wants a push

I think that Sudbury would be a really interesting landing spot for Morgan Frost. The Hounds could take Nizhnikov, but I doubt they would attach any major value to him.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Wow, some of things said here tonight...

1. Why would anyone think this was a "curfew" thing? You don't stay in a hotel the night before a thursday night game 3 hours away. They haven't been on the road before today in weeks.

2. "Captain" is merely a title. The 1972 summit series Canadian team had no captain. Leaders are leaders. It's nice to see someone recognized by getting the C but clearly it isn't a big deal. We've won 20 of 30.

3. Can we maybe give Stillman some props for the significantly more good he's done than bad? Again, this is a .667 club that has won 20 of 30.

4. Hell of a performance with half the team sick. Really proud of the boys.

5. Did I mention we've won 20 of 30?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln