Sudbury Wolves 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Team started slow and at one point was 10 shots behind on the shot clock. Really turned it on in second half of game. The players really look to believe and trust in the team and themselves. You see defence taking some chances in the offensive zones knowing the forwards will have their back. I like how on the forecheck it is a team effort, rotating the pressure from one forward to the next, skating the opposition into trouble spots.

I don't know who or what got into Pilons but are they ever playing smart hockey. They have learned to use their body and stick so effectively.

As someone else mentioned, Ross has stepped it up lately. Phillips has grown significantly as a player from the star of the year.

Tell your friends and family who have for various reasons been turned off from attending games over the last few seasons it is time to come back. You only have a season and half left to enjoy the Quentin Byfield experience until he moves on. He is worth the price of admission.

The only things that bothers me is I wont see another game for almost a month.

justawolfan

Timbertype
Sep 12, 2017
Frozen North
Regarding the Pilons....been really great of late. I'm thinking the team depth and scoring ability this season has tempered their aggression. They just don't need to be out there head hunting this year and it's really paying off for them and the team. Kudos twins!

Reactions: cub and Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Read about supposed rumour on the Spits board that has Purboo potentially coming to Sudbury for picks at the deadline. He’s their leading scorer and a winger.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Scroll down to Brock's trade deadline prediction thread - That is where the talk came from.
Right thanks. So it’s straight speculation. He also speculated on a few other potential adds by the Wolves. I’d love to unwrap a Christmas gift in the form of a player or two

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I like his Gordeev idea. I said a while back we made an offer for a flint D, Gordeev certainly fits the bill.

A D of
Candella-Gordeev
Stratis-Serentis
Ross-Phillips
Thompson
Could very well do damage. Great age mix in there too, and you’ve got some size along with excellent puck moving ability.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I’ve been impressed with the play of Gilhula lately, looks solid with Murray and QB.

I think in a trade, Niz, Tabak, McConville, McGrath and Wawrow are the most likely to get moved.

Wish Carson could get his goal touch back mind you.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Well I hope Paps gets to switch off a bit and enjoy the holidays. Most interesting trade deadline since forever. I sure hope whatever they do doesn’t upset the great chemistry on the team right now. Essentially a player’s attitude needs to be taken into account as much as their skill. Don’t want a repeat of the Faksa, Carrick debacle.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’ve been impressed with the play of Gilhula lately, looks solid with Murray and QB.

I think in a trade, Niz, Tabak, McConville, McGrath and Wawrow are the most likely to get moved.

Wish Carson could get his goal touch back mind you.

Out of that group, only Tabak has value. McConville & McGrath might net 5th or 6th pick.

Reactions: hockieguy

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Regarding the Pilons....been really great of late. I'm thinking the team depth and scoring ability this season has tempered their aggression. They just don't need to be out there head hunting this year and it's really paying off for them and the team. Kudos twins!
The east better pay attention to what is going on in Sudbury the Pilon twins are gonna be playoff beasts they love too play against other teams top lines and shut them down and pitch in with some points here and there you guys I think can win the east even if Ottawa try’s to load up go wolves go

WolvesFan

The Voice of Reason
Sep 24, 2012
Sudbury, Ontario
Does anyone know if the game today is televised, I looked on eastlink, and they are playing the 5 game today @ 2PM. And I just want to make sure that it is going to be playing somewhere before use a one of my flex pack game! :) any help would be appreciated!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Does anyone know if the game today is televised, I looked on eastlink, and they are playing the 5 game today @ 2PM. And I just want to make sure that it is going to be playing somewhere before use a one of my flex pack game! :) any help would be appreciated!

I’ll check and post shortly after 1:p. I’ll be watching ‘67s @ Petes; maybe, flip to Colts @ NB if it looks like a nasty back to back tilt.

Reactions: WolvesFan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Wolves game is not one of 4-5 2:p televised OHL games listed.
I thought Miss had a college or university covering games; but...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad