Stockton Heat Thread v1.0 (and ADK Thunder)

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Nick Schneider's season is over with Medicine Hat after losing to the Oil Kings tonight. I wonder if he'll join Stockton?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sounds like Jankowski will make his AHL debut on Friday

Janko_zpsikwq3g97.png

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Schneider stopped 34 of 37 en route to a 4-2 loss. I have not watched yet but on paper it looks like a solid outing. Kylington and Shore had the goals for the Heat.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I started waiting way late (1st period just ended for me), so I am probably at least a period behind but Janko has looked very good so far and Schneider is playing again and outside of 1 bad rebound looks fantastic thus far.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Mark Jankowski has scored his first career professional point. He made a good play to keep the puck in at the offensive blue, dished the puck to Shore who couldn't get a shot away so he passed back to Wotherspoon who scores his first of the year!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I posted this in the Janko signing thread on the trade board

Jankowski has been excellent tonight. He has his first point, an assist on a goal that started with him showing good hands at the blueline to keep the puck in. He could easily have 3 points tonight, he made a great move around the defenseman and a blind backhand centering pass to Shore in the first period who shot wide and early in the second a drop pass in close to Austin Carroll who appeared to shelf it but was called back after a very very lengthy review. He has also shown excellent defensive awareness as he is regularly the first guy back and always seems to be prepared to cover the point when a defenseman pinches. He is also 4 for 8 on draws if my count is correct.

That said he has made a coupe small mistakes, in both situations though he got the puck back himself, one leading to the goal and the other to Carroll's disallowed goal.

Also I am a little behind live action so more may have happened since I typed this, in my time there is about 9 minutes left in the third.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Jankowski's assist was on the GWG, Schneider gets his first professional win.

giphy.gif

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
So I was messing around in my favorite stats site http://www.ahl.prospect-stats.com/teams.html and I found some interesting things about the Heat.

They lead the league in shots per game! All season I have been thinking that the heat have basically no offensive firepower but apparently they can throw a lot of rubber on net. They also have the league's second lowest shooting percentage, which can probably explain why they don't look like they can score.

Also, they are second in shot differential in their division, and 2nd last in points %. Wooooo corsi.

The goaltending has been terrible, much like that of the parent club, but we all think Gillies is the real deal, so that should get better. The bad goaltending and low shooting percentage combined to give the Heat the worst PDO in the league.

If the gods of regression act like they're supposed to, the Heat could be in for a great season (at least offensively). Their shots against/game are a little below average, but they should be an offensive powerhouse next year, assuming the team doesn't get gutted by callups.

Maybe Huska is actually doing something right.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So I was messing around in my favorite stats site http://www.ahl.prospect-stats.com/teams.html and I found some interesting things about the Heat.

They lead the league in shots per game! All season I have been thinking that the heat have basically no offensive firepower but apparently they can throw a lot of rubber on net. They also have the league's second lowest shooting percentage, which can probably explain why they don't look like they can score.

Also, they are second in shot differential in their division, and 2nd last in points %. Wooooo corsi.

The goaltending has been terrible, much like that of the parent club, but we all think Gillies is the real deal, so that should get better. The bad goaltending and low shooting percentage combined to give the Heat the worst PDO in the league.

If the gods of regression act like they're supposed to, the Heat could be in for a great season (at least offensively). Their shots against/game are a little below average, but they should be an offensive powerhouse next year, assuming the team doesn't get gutted by callups.

Maybe Huska is actually doing something right.
Lots of shots does not mean lots of scoring chances, this isn't just a case of a team that has bad luck. While shots are usually in the Heat's favor, scoring chances are often in favor of the opposition. Outside of a few guys the Heat are not an offensively talented team so they just throw the puck to the net a lot and when they do get scoring chances they don't have the talent to bury it. On the flip side they give up too many scoring chances for the number of shots they give up, often due to absolutely terrible giveaways.

Huska's biggest problem is he cannot make in game adjustments, I've rarely seen him shuffle his lines. Even though the PP has been terrible lately, the only adjustment he has made is putting Jankowski on the 2nd PP unit.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad