Stockton Heat Thread v1.0 (and ADK Thunder)

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I liked Playfair his season on the Flames too tbh.
The timing was wrong IMO, I think bringing a rookie coach to the forefront needs proper timing. A rookie coach IMO should not be put in charge of a rebuilding team or one striving for a championship. They need to be put in a position where they have a team that is just emerging and cannot be preaching the same philosophy as the previous coach or it gets tuned out too quickly. IMO Playfair would be an excellent candidate to replace Hartley as the team will be just coming out of a rebuild and he is more defensive minded coach.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Timing was a bit off. But for a first year coach I think he did well. Keenan didn't see improvement. I would have liked to keep Playfair given the makeup of our roster. I think a second season would have seen us do well under him.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Timing was a bit off. But for a first year coach I think he did well. Keenan didn't see improvement. I would have liked to keep Playfair given the makeup of our roster. I think a second season would have seen us do well under him.
All reports have the team never listening to Playfair, I think much of that was due to him regurgitating the same message Darryl had been selling. I could be wrong but if we did bring Playfair back say in 2017-18, the only players on our team that have experience playing under him IIRC are Brodie (AHL), Backlund (AHL), Bouma (AHL) and Giordano (NHL).

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I don't think the organization sadly would bring him back. Fans wouldn't like it. He's an assistant in Arizona right now isn't he?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Grant out indefinitely with a fractured jaw as per the heat website.

heat are ****ed

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
So after teasing us with a few wins they've lost their last 4

An article was posted about how the goalies were improving, and ofcourse they both fall apart during this stretch.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Well, with Grant out during the final stretch run it's going to leave some opportunity for some of the guys to end the season strong.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How has Carroll looked this year? Watched a ton of him on the Royals, he was a great spark plug.
I think he is exactly what you would expect. He's been relegated to mostly bottom 6 duties and along with Smith has been one of the go to guys for fisticuffs. I think being a year older than Smith has helped him out quite a bit as he has adjusted a little better to the league. I like how he drives to the net in the offensive zone. He might have more potential than I initially thought (my though was 4th line modern day face puncher)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think he is exactly what you would expect. He's been relegated to mostly bottom 6 duties and along with Smith has been one of the go to guys for fisticuffs. I think being a year older than Smith has helped him out quite a bit as he has adjusted a little better to the league. I like how he drives to the net in the offensive zone. He might have more potential than I initially thought (my though was 4th line modern day face puncher)

Glad to hear, I wasn't sure how he would do in the AHL but he was so fun to watch on the Royals I was hopeful for him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
How has Carroll looked this year? Watched a ton of him on the Royals, he was a great spark plug.

I think as his skating improves over the next two, maybe three years (he'll probably get sent down on waivers at least once) we'll see him emerge as a legitimate NHL prospect who fits the mold that we want this team to become someday.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Agostino with 2 goals and 2 assist tonight. 34 points in 41 games. Hope he gets a chance with the Flames this season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agostino with 2 goals and 2 assist tonight. 34 points in 41 games. Hope he gets a chance with the Flames this season.

Also Poirier was playing in this game when the guy posted he thought he saw him at the airport, so Poirier has not been recalled.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Agostino with 2 goals tonight. 36 points in 43 games. Hope he gets recalled after the deadline.

MayRay also had a pair, including the OT winner. 4+4 in 7 games for him now. Hamilton is still playing well with 1+2 tonight and Kenney Morrison thrust into a top 4 role had 1+1

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
With Nakladal & Tspoon up and Kylington, Stevenson & Sieloff (he did not dress) all injured that's most of the regulars out of the lineup.
That left Stockton with Kulak, Culkin (first call up), Morrison, Johnson & 2 ECHL guys just called up.
Mike Vernace: Vet Dman drafted by San Jose way back in 2004
Gabriel Verpaelst: 22, undrafted, puts up a lot of pm's

Good news, Arnold got back in the lineup.
Anyone know the extent of Smith's & Kylington's injuries? Both have been out since early Feb

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So Poirier and Klimchuk just completely forgot how to score?

Mason Raymond seems to score fine down there. It cant be that hard.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
So Poirier and Klimchuk just completely forgot how to score?

Mason Raymond seems to score fine down there. It cant be that hard.

Poirer and Klimchuck have had floating Centers all year and have had the role of shut down line when I have watched them play. I get aggravated watching the line usage in Stockton. Poirier and Klimchuck seam to get something going then they sit and sit.

Huska really likes Agostino and Hamilton and the whole Raymond thing befuddles me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad